McKenzie Signing With The Colts

Búfalo Blanco

1 hour ago, Homey D. Clown said:

Nice guy, glad he's gone.  Too many gaffs when it mattered most in games for me.  Same with Singletary.  Great guy, even better team player, but missing when it counted most, and fumble prone.

I don't want this to happen, but it's low hanging fruit to predict that you and those like you will celebrate McKenzie's departure only for so long as it takes the new "upgrade" guys Harty and Sherfield to make a gaff in a game or two. 

This board seems to like to choose "escape goats" where folks dwell on every mistake and discount every good play, while other players seemingly have their mistakes overlooked or forgotten.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

I don't want this to happen, but it's low hanging fruit to predict that you and those like you will celebrate McKenzie's departure only for so long as it takes the new "upgrade" guys Harty and Sherfield to make a gaff in a game or two. 

This board seems to like to choose "escape goats" where folks dwell on every mistake and discount every good play, while other players seemingly have their mistakes overlooked or forgotten.

Really strange how that happens. It's undeniably true.

Note: traditionally, the term is scapegoat. I don't know if the neologism is intended, but escape goat is rather witty. The critical act of the fan as both escapism and vicarious scourging of the selected victim.

Basically was given the slot role and had the opportunity to show his skills as a starter and just blew it time & time again. McKenzie really could’ve increased his worth, but didn’t take full advantage. I wish him luck, but if he can’t make it Josh Allen then I don’t think whoever the Colts start can make it work. 

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I dont disagree with much here. But I am curious to the bold.

Who do you think is getting the privilege of having their mistakes overlooked or forgotten? From what I've seen out of Bills fans over the past year, EVERY mistake by EVERY player is blown up and over-critiqued until it has been beaten into the ground. Somewhere over the last year BillsMafia decided that only ABSOLUTE PERFECTION will be tolerated (not even celebrated).

I cant think of a single player that has managed to stay above it. Even Diggs and Josh.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I dont disagree with much here. But I am curious to the bold.

Who do you think is getting the privilege of having their mistakes overlooked or forgotten? From what I've seen out of Bills fans over the past year, EVERY mistake by EVERY player is blown up and over-critiqued until it has been beaten into the ground. Somewhere over the last year BillsMafia decided that only ABSOLUTE PERFECTION will be tolerated (not even celebrated).

I cant think of a single player that has managed to stay above it. Even Diggs and Josh.

You have a valid point that we do criticize almost every player to some degree.  But would you agree that some players get a relatively small share, whilst others turn into "whipping boys" and get a disproprotionate share?  I guess that latter is what I see.  Edmunds is one example of a popular fan whipping boy.  We'll see now that he's gone.  On receivers, what I noticed is that the guys on the team with the highest % drops are Singletary and Shakir, but somehow when "stone hands" or "any position that doesn't require them to catch the ball" is brought up, they don't seem to be mentioned, while Davis and McKenzie are sure to be critiqued.

Part of it, I'm sure, is time in the league - we have hopes that Shakir will improve in his second season.  On the other hand, Singletary has been here longer than Davis (and actually, I'm pretty sure those drops in the passing game are one of the reasons he's gone).

Edited by Beck Water

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

You have a valid point that we do criticize almost every player to some degree.  But would you agree that some players get a relatively small share, whilst others turn into "whipping boys" and get a disproprotionate share?  I guess that latter is what I see.  Edmunds is one example of a popular fan whipping boy.  We'll see now that he's gone.  On receivers, what I noticed is that the guys on the team with the highest % drops are Singletary and Shakir, but somehow when "stone hands" or "any position that doesn't require them to catch the ball" is brought up, they don't seem to be mentioned, while Davis and McKenzie are sure to be critiqued.

Oh, we absolutely have our "favorites". The Honorary TBD Whipping Boy goes back to the discussion board days. Whether it was Edmunds and McKenzie, or Leodis McKelvin, or Lee Evans, or Chris Kelsay, or...

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Beck Water said:

That’s because since BBMB went down, this board’s IQ dropped at least 25 points. We’re hovering in the upper double digits right now.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Oh, we absolutely have our "favorites". The Honorary TBD Whipping Boy goes back to the discussion board days. Whether it was Edmunds and McKenzie, or Leodis McKelvin, or Lee Evans, or Chris Kelsay, or...

I seem to recall Donte Whitner 

On 3/22/2023 at 10:02 AM, Beck Water said:

If I were blaming losses and the lack of superbowls on them, then I could agree I was using them as scapegoats.  It's another thing entirely to be happy the team is trying to upgrade a few players I liked, but did not see them as the solution for this team in their positions.  Maybe we slow down on people who share my viewpoint a little.

56 minutes ago, Homey D. Clown said:

If I were blaming losses and the lack of superbowls on them, then I could agree I was using them as scapegoats.  It's another thing entirely to be happy the team is trying to upgrade a few players I liked, but did not see them as the solution for this team in their positions.  Maybe we slow down on people who share my viewpoint a little.

Nah. 

It's one thing to be happy the team is trying to upgrade a few players you didn't see as the solution for this team in their positions.  I'm all for that.  I can see where the Bills view Harty as a higher ceiling guy and Sherfield as bringing a different skillset, so move on from McKenzie and give them a try.

It's another thing to ***** on departing players who went hard here "missing when it mattered most" "too many gaffs at big moments", apparently having amnesia about the times they came through when it mattered.  That's scapegoating, if you want to go there, Go There but don't expect a pass for it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.