Cam Newton is Back!

BringBackFergy

If he has recovered fully from the arm ailments (maybe he has, right?) , the guy can play.   He was injured.   Guys can recover from injury.   H-ll, niners got to the playoffs with the last pick in the draft.  A lot is possible.  

If his arm is just dead, then thats another story.   Plus the diva factor would be an issue for many teams.  

Edited by ProcessTruster

40 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I think 32 teams are going to give him the Cam shaft. 
XFL?

He’d be perfect for one of the startup  leagues. He’d easily be the biggest “name” on the field for an XFL team. He may not be interested in that, but I’d watch it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

Cam Newton was amazing for a handful of years then it was all over so quickly. 

Cautionary tale for a QB taking too many hits. And Newton is built like a linebacker, so it wasn't that he was slightly built or anything. 

Yep… and and let’s not forget an injury to the throwing arm was the ultimate downfall… Im thinking of another guy that’s now had at least 3.

3 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

If he can throw even remotely, he would be an excellent backup for us.

Edit: you can disagree if you want to, that's fine. I'd like to know which other backup QB is out there that they can use in a similar way that they use Allen. If they had to use Keenum last year the entire offense would have had to change because Keenum can't run. Physically, Newton is what Allen is going to become if they keep using him the way they have been. No he can't throw well anymore, no backup you are signing will throw at an elite level. Newton can at least run.

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

If he can throw even remotely, he would be an excellent backup for us.

Edit: you can disagree if you want to, that's fine. I'd like to know which other backup QB is out there that they can use in a similar way that they use Allen. If they had to use Keenum last year the entire offense would have had to change because Keenum can't run. Physically, Newton is what Allen is going to become if they keep using him the way they have been. No he can't throw well anymore, no backup you are signing will throw at an elite level. Newton can at least run.

Newton > Barkley > K Allen

K Allen has won 2 of his last 16 starts

B B seemed to like having Cam with the Pats which suggests good locker room/ team chemistry. I think the Bills should allow Cam Newton to compete for Bills backup If interested. (Depending on how Cam looks now.) 

• Eyeroll 1

It’s all a question of his shoulder.  If he has 90% of his arm strength back, he can be a decent starter.   The guy we saw last, not gonna cut it.

I don’t hold any weird hate towards him like some here seem to, if he can find the right situation, he could have a few years left in the tank.  I could see him as a good bridge QB to way above average back up.  If he has his arm healed and ego in check, he can stick around for another 5+ years easily.  If he can’t shut his mouth.. he’s probably done.

As a Cam fan, I hate that he came out like this. Be humble dude. If his shoulder is healing, and that’s a huge if, he would be one of the better backups in the league and I’d rather have him than Kyle Allen because he plays a similar style to Josh. But not if his shoulder isn’t right or he is going to be humble.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

As a Cam fan, I hate that he came out like this. Be humble dude. If his shoulder is healing, and that’s a huge if, he would be one of the better backups in the league and I’d rather have him than Kyle Allen because he plays a similar style to Josh. But not if his shoulder isn’t right or he is going to be humble.

What you think coming out saying "All these randoms have a job" isn't a sympathetic look?

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.