It's a uterus. Not a clown car

Draconator

8 hours ago, Draconator said:

Screenshot2023-03-21005829.thumb.jpg.5218da0fb97d69f9cb140f168cf2da72.jpg

I knew a family with 9 children but half were adopted. That family was on a schedule and it worked out . All kids doing well in life. Structure, consistency and responsibilities! No way that lady gave birth to alllll those kids.. No way lol

• Like (+1) 1

i just don't know how anyone could keep up.  i have two young kids, and we're constantly trying to cram ***** in.  even in terms of giving them personal attention, i'm only good with the two i have.  my wife talked about 3, but i threatened to leave.

Edited by teef

My  mom was one of 9 kids. two others  died in infancy.  They spanned 15 years, from 1917 to 1932. The oldest (98) and the youngest (83) died in the same year. I had 17  cousins just on my moms's side along with me, my brother and sister.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Wacka said:

My  mom was one of 9 kids. two others  died in infancy.  They spanned 15 years, from 1917 to 1932. The oldest (98) and the youngest (83) died in the same year. I had 17  cousins just on my moms's side along with me, my brother and sister.

Always interesting to see these families which span many years, and their subsequent descendants.  Bride the Second's father was the oldest of 14 surviving children; my wife has aunts and uncles younger than she.  Grandfather Herm didn't believe in a television, apparently.  Many of her first cousins are just now beginning families.

In grade school, my friend Bill was one of twelve kids. Then, in junior high, my friend John was also one of twelve kids. (Both Catholic schools - go figure. 😉 ) John and I were on the same Little League baseball team, and in our second year, both his older and younger brothers were also on the team.

I'm one of four, but I remember my Mom saying that she'd wanted six. I'm the youngest, so I like to think that they stopped with me because they finally got it right. 😉

12 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I wonder if they know they they can screw without conceiving a child.  🤔 

I'm continually amazed by the number of people who believe that procreation is the ONLY reason to do the deed.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, muppy said:

I knew a family with 9 children but half were adopted. That family was on a schedule and it worked out . All kids doing well in life. Structure, consistency and responsibilities! No way that lady gave birth to alllll those kids.. No way lol

Says they're all hers, no multiple births.

Up until the arrival of hormonal birth control in the 60s, it was not that uncommon for a woman to bear 16 children.  If she married at 18, went through the change at 51, and had a kid every 2 years, that's 16. 

The difference was, before the arrival of vaccines, antibiotics, and the rest of modern medicine, it was not unusual for a contagious disease like diptheria to go through the family like a scythe and wipe out 5 or 6, another contagious disease to take a few more before their 2nd birthday, an infection following an accident or a broken bone to take out a few more - so the family size would wind up at 8 or 9. 

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Odds are that one of those kids turns out to be a serial killer.

Them's just the numbers.

Well, if the boys identify themselves by their 1st, middle, and last name in a compulsory way, you might be on to something.

11 hours ago, teef said:

i just don't know how anyone could keep up.  i have two young kids, and we're constantly trying to cram ***** in.  even in terms of giving them personal attention, i'm only good with the two i have.  my wife talked about 3, but i threatened to leave.

I assume, as most wives would, she took you up on that. How’s Cabo?

19 hours ago, Wacka said:

My grandmother 9. First 8 all girls until #9 a boy!

How'd you like to be him!

Also, my cousin is older than my uncle.  That means my grandmother (in her 40s) had a child after her daughter (my aunt, father's sister). This was in the 1950s...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.