Building an Entire Draft Board:Linebacker Rankings

Chaos

Which of the following players would make you happy with the Bill's draft pick #27?   

83 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following players would make you happy with the Bill's draft pick #27?

• Drew Sanders
    • Trenton Simpson
    • Daiyan Henley
    • Jack Campbell
    • Yasir Abdullah
    • DeMarvion Overshown
    • Dorian Williams
    • Cam Jones
    • Ivan Pace Jr.
    • None
  2. 2. Which of the following players would make you happy with the Bill's draft pick #59?

3. 3. Which of the following players would make you happy with the Bill's draft pick #91?

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The reason you see teams move up a dozen picks is NOT because they think a player is super good. It’s because they believe that a team before them is going to select him. I have no problem with that…although I’m not always convinced that they actually know what other team is taking who. 

My response was to your previous comment about taking a player a dozen picks early.  This is not the same thing as moving up a dozen pick. You asked a question "why not pick a player a dozen picks early".  I provided the answer to that question. 

Just now, Chaos said:

My response was to your previous comment about taking a player a dozen picks early.  This is not the same thing as moving up a dozen pick. You asked a question "why not pick a player a dozen picks early".  I provided the answer to that question. 

It’s definitely complicated, because unlike in other sports, in football the various positions are completely different. There are both offense and defense, etc. So my point was if you desperately want/need a new starting MLB, not taking him at 27 because you think he slots closer to 39 is a bit silly. (My two cents.)

49 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I think it is a huge strategic blunder to scheme in a way that you need unusual skill set players to play in your scheme.  Its bad enough to be forced to draft for position over BPA, but it really becomes limiting to be stuck with  best player at a positoin of need who requires unusual skill set to fit scheme (BPAPBWRUSSTFS) .  Campbell seems to be a day 1 ready MLB who has a reputation for great instincts and elite measureables in size and athleticism.  Seems nuts to pass on a player like that, because you want to run a particular scheme (which does not seem to work in the playoffs anyway)

Yes, I agree with that, but I think that is the way McD's D is structured and why so often premium picks are dedicated to defensive players.

On 3/21/2023 at 12:19 PM, Dr. Who said:

I don't think so. You'd have to modify the defense. Maybe they should. If you want an Edmunds' replacement, it's Simpson or Sanders.

I dont want and Edmunds replacement

at all.
New tweaked Defense please

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.