Building an Entire Draft Board:Linebacker Rankings

Chaos

Which of the following players would make you happy with the Bill's draft pick #27?   

83 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following players would make you happy with the Bill's draft pick #27?

• Drew Sanders
    • Trenton Simpson
    • Daiyan Henley
    • Jack Campbell
    • Yasir Abdullah
    • DeMarvion Overshown
    • Dorian Williams
    • Cam Jones
    • Ivan Pace Jr.
    • None
  2. 2. Which of the following players would make you happy with the Bill's draft pick #59?

3. 3. Which of the following players would make you happy with the Bill's draft pick #91?

Based on NFL.com grades, NFL.com estimates 17  Linebackers will be selected in the draft. 5 of these players have grades suggesting they could be selected in the first four rounds. 

Based on PFF grades, PFF estimates 16 Linebacker will be selected in the draft. 9 of these players have rankings suggesting they could be selected in the first four rounds. 

The are ranked by NFL.com grade, and the ranking within PFF for LBs is shown in the right hand column.  

NOTE : NONE is a choice in this poll.

image.png

15 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Drew Sanders the Arkansas kid is one heck of a football player I wouldn’t mind him in round 2 after they take another weapon for Josh in round 1 

I don't imagine Sanders will be there at 59, but he would be a great addition if he is. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

I don't imagine Sanders will be there at 59, but he would be a great addition if he is. 

The problem with your board is that there are three LBs worth drafting, imo, Campbell, Simpson, and Sanders -- 27 is too high for all of them and all of them are gone way before 59. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, Dr. Who said:

The problem with your board is that there are three LBs worth drafting, imo, Campbell, Simpson, and Sanders -- 27 is too high for all of them and all of them are gone way before 59. 

How is that a problem with the board. That is a problem in real life. Maybe the Wizard will find a way to trade down. But if he can't it is likely either 27, or as you said, you don't get one of the three best. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Chaos said:

How is that a problem with the board. That is a problem in real life. Maybe the Wizard will find a way to trade down. But if he can't it is likely either 27, or as you said, you don't get one of the three best. 

Alright, what I meant was that the options available don't link up with the value. Beane will have to trade down. If you stick with 27 and 59, you don't get a LB that can potentially step in and replace Edmunds year one. 

3 minutes ago, akcash said:

Yeah it would this dude is gonna rise so fast. Classic case of "draft boards" under valuing him. Guarantee  50% plus teams have a 2nd round grade on this dude.

What are people missing? 

31 minutes ago, akcash said:

Yeah it would this dude is gonna rise so fast. Classic case of "draft boards" under valuing him. Guarantee  50% plus teams have a 2nd round grade on this dude.

Guarantee they don’t.  You’re living off his rep not what he’s done on tape. He struggles to tackle. He struggles disengaging blocks. I could see someone overdrafting him. He’s a good athlete but not a freak by any stretch but no point you have your opinion and I have mine and neither will change. 

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I like him but Campbell looks slow.  Could he play the same role as Edmunds? 

I don't think so. You'd have to modify the defense. Maybe they should. If you want an Edmunds' replacement, it's Simpson or Sanders.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I’m not sure that I would be excited with any of them in the first, but then I don’t think there is going to be anyone at any position by pick 27 that isn’t a compromise selection in some way.  They have to pick someone or trade the pick for a player or later picks.

Whomever they pick, expectation should be solid starter, not future All Pro.  I’m leaning towards high floor guys rather than swinging for the boom or bust type.

• Like (+1) 1

In the same spirit as Hyatt and Harrison making my round 1 list in the other exercises I'll say Simpson, Sanders and Campbell at #27 though would have to grit my teeth. 

None in addition at #59. 

Henley and Williams would come into my thinking at #91 if either was still there as would Henry To'oTo'o Owen Pappoe and Noah Sewell if they are still there. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

In the same spirit as Hyatt and Harrison making my round 1 list in the other exercises I'll say Simpson, Sanders and Campbell at #27 though would have to grit my teeth. 

None in addition at #59. 

Henley and Williams would come into my thinking at #91 if either was still there as would Henry To'oTo'o Owen Pappoe and Noah Sewell if they are still there. 

Eventually we will get to the positions that we have lower need at, and likely see that the possible selections for those positions can be justified with our picks, because, well, Bills. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.