Bills sign Damien Harris

aristocrat

The guy had 15 TDs in 2021. I think Harris would have been one of the best RBs in the league if he wasn’t on NE. The pats never let a guy be the main running back. Anyone that play fantasy football knows that. The issue is, the Bills really don’t either. I love this guy as a player. My biggest fear is our usage of him will probably infuriate me lol 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Bill simmons, noted boston homer, said he hated Harris going to the Bills and said watch him rush for 1,200 yards on the bills. Of course, he is wrong about most things. 

I'll be happy with 700 yards and another 800 from Cook.  

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'll be happy with 700 yards and another 800 from Cook.  

Would you be? 

So the NFL average for rushing yards last season was 2059.  The Bills were #9 with 2232, and many of us regard that as a number in need of improvement or at least, as holding constant with fewer yards coming from Allen.

So if Harris rushes for 700 yds and Cook for 800, where are the other 732 gonna come from?

Allen rushed for 762 yds last season and 763 in 2021. 

I'd personally like to see him go back towards 2020 and 2019, when he rushed for 421 and 520, respectively, and ~1 attempt less per game.

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Would you be? 

So the NFL average for rushing yards last season was 2059.  The Bills were #9 with 2232, and many of us regard that as a number in need of improvement or at least, as holding constant with fewer yards coming from Allen.

So if Harris rushes for 700 yds and Cook for 800, where are the other 732 gonna come from?

I'd personally like to see him go back towards 2020 and 2019, when he rushed for 421 and 520, respectively, and ~1 attempt less per game.

The 1,500 yards would still be about 100 yards higher than Singletary, Cook, Moss & Hines combined for last year. Add even a 10 yards per game average from Hines and 50 yards or so from the WR position(McKenzie had 55 this past year) and you're just about where you would like Allen's rushing totals to be while matching last year's rushing total.

19 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Would you be? 

Hines has to get back to some worth at running the ball like he did his 1st 4 years in Indianapolis.  That's close to another 200.

I don't mind Josh running with open ground in front of him.  Harris should be able to take some of the tougher rushing yards

from Josh.

My hope is not so much added yards by the RBs, they need to be catching a lot more balls too.

3 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

If healthy he is a major upgrade to Moss. Will take a load off Allen.

what do you think mosses issue was? guy seemed to run hard and did well in spurts but couldn't make it on the field. had to be a off field work ethic thing. guess we will see how his career pans out. hopefully it isnt another lynch situation on the bills record where they just couldn't contain his off the field issues.

There was a time when I thought he was the best back in the AFC.

He was a player I was scared to face. And there aren't too many of those.  Health is the key w/ him - but if he stays healthy, he could be a 1,200 yard guy for us.  

I feel like this wasn't a very high profile signing nationally, but it's one that could be a real missing piece for this Bills team. And finally help get us over the top.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

what do you think mosses issue was? guy seemed to run hard and did well in spurts but couldn't make it on the field. had to be a off field work ethic thing. guess we will see how his career pans out. hopefully it isnt another lynch situation on the bills record where they just couldn't contain his off the field issues.

Not aware that there were "issues" with Moss off field. I think for a guy who was supposed to make his living running between the tackles he was just too small to cut it as such against NFL Ds. Most evaluation for the draft involves projecting the player at the next level using various tests and measurements. I'm not sure what exactly caused the Bills to think he could fit the same mould in the Bills O as he did in college, but clearly this was not the case. He's not a bad player and he's probably better suited to back up Taylor and Jackson than fill a primary role in any NFL backfield. Needless to say he was a miss as a 3rd round RB.

Harris is bigger and a more powerful back. He is a violent runner. I know his 40 time would put him in Singletary's class but he is football fast and a north south ball carrier who can hit the hole and display quickness and a move or two at the second level. To me he's more than a short yardage back. Imo you simply could not say that about Moss. With a one year prove it deal he has every incentive to do well and secure a better payday next year. 

Edited by starrymessenger
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.