Bills sign Damien Harris

aristocrat

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Well sh-t.

I am absolutely thrilled to have been wrong. What an absolute steal!

I’m not surprised given they didn’t announce the terms right away.  Plus, Beane doesn’t overpay RB’s.

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Bills fans just like to complain. He had a modest contract to come here, instead if thinking positive, automatically there must be something wrong with the guy. Nobody wanted him. They use PFF and Spotrac data when it backs their points and ignore it when it doesn’t. 

I guess we will never know the truth, but fans complain that Josh doesnt’t atteact guys the way some other QBs do, he attracts a guy who is better than what we had and making half, and there must be something wrong with the guy. Its silly. 

This is an amazing signing. 

Perhaps you should just calm down and have a cup of tea.

But seriously, this might be a very positive acquisition ?
Or the standard lines are true.
I can wait and see and remain hopeful. I also like the WR from Miami pretty alrighty

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

1 year "prove you can stay healthy" deal for way cheaper than Singletary, and arguably a better fit for our offense.  I kind of love it.

There is no "argument" about that at all.  With Cook and Hines on the roster signing another clone of them would be foolish.

I couldn't dare to think Beane could sign Harris to a deal like this last month!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Excactly.  You found out pretty quick who can play RB in the NFL.  The good contribute right out of the gate. 

you guys and this Cook pipe dream....let it go, he's gonna be gone in a couple years. 

the absolute worst type of poster. zero ability to see context. you want everything to be black and white and thats not how life and especially not the nfl works.  an nfl rookie, bad line, rookie OC. a veteran reliable trusted back in front of him. an unfortunate fumble early in a season with the highest of expectations.  only focusing on that, completely ignoring the flashes we saw more often, and each closer to the last

theres your posts

theres homers

then the truth in the middle. Your posting is a crop-duster. Take it outside, or to your car where you love to huff those farts. Please pass up the cuddlefish and asparagus, vanilla paste is your friend

image.png.702aa5d8bca7b7b679eb7079ae012908.png

2 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Nope. It's still there if you want to laugh and/or praise the genius that is Brandon Beane.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/damien-harris-29123/market-value/

Again, I was clearly wrong. And I'm thrilled to have been wrong. I didn't see any way we'd get him for half of Alexander Mattison, less than half of Devin Singletary, and even cheaper than Travis Homer and Justice Hill. But here we are!

You have to factor in injuries. JuJu Smith-Schuster just 4 years after a 1,400 yard season had to settle for basically $3 million guaranteed on a one year prove it deal with the Chiefs. Injury prone non-elite players are going for much less than their projected market value. This is especially true for a high volume position like RB.

The nice thing about having an elite QB and a highly productive offense is that we get first dibs on those one year prove it deals. Harris knows if he comes here and produces and plays the whole season he'll get a more lucrative contract from another team next year, the same formula JuJu used. Having an elite QB is a cheat code in more ways than one.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

There is no "argument" about that at all.  With Cook and Hines on the roster signing another clone of them would be foolish.

I couldn't dare to think Beane could sign Harris to a deal like this last month!

There's an argument to be made that you'd rather keep Singletary and lose Hines, but then you're losing the return game as well. 

Overall, I'm happy with the RB room with how it's shaken out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/20/2023 at 8:41 PM, Maine-iac said:

Harris will essentially do Motor stuff.  I'm not sure I'd go so far as to call him a power back or others saying he's faster than Motor.  He has 10 pounds on Motor so he should carry guys a little better but they both run bigger than their size.  Neither is a power back.  Harris ran a 4.57 at the combine.  Yes it's faster than Motor but not much.  Seems like they're very similar and that's not actually a bad thing, Motor did a lot of good things here and I feel like Harris could as well.  Just hope the money is right

Motor was a GREAT pass blocker. I have no clue about Harris. Hopefully yes. Josh is still the main man, by a long ways.

10 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

Probably more like there weren’t any big offers so go to a good team effect.  

Yep

Josh freaking Allen or Mac 😆Jones 🤔

Buffalo Bills winning/family culture or joyless cheating franchise with miserable mumbling dbag coach and fat pervert owner - set for division basement-dwelling for years to come 🤔

Bills Mafia or Masshole fan base 🤔

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I won’t lie, I have zero issues with a healthy DH being the long term feature back.

I would think Cook get some more snaps overall.  The good thing is they have different skills and that should influence their usage

depending on the opponents' strengths and weaknesses.

I feel Dorsey did not game plan that last year.  My hope is he improves in that regard.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Motor was a GREAT pass blocker. I have no clue about Harris. Hopefully yes. Josh is still the main man, by a long ways.

Motor was very good in pass blocking. If he were still on the team, Harris would be our best pass blocking RB. And that isnt a knock on Motor at all.

• Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

There's an argument to be made that you'd rather keep Singletary and lose Hines, but then you're losing the return game as well. 

Overall, I'm happy with the RB room with how it's shaken out. 

I would say "so far so good" but maybe not finished. 

A rookie backup big back is a possibility.  This would back up Harris and be a possible succession plan.  Could be a 4th or 5th rounders - R Johnson types.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.