Bills sign Damien Harris

aristocrat

4 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Cook couldnt start over Singletary, how's he gonna beat this guy out?  The only way is if the dude limps off again.  

Cook was a rookie who fumbled his first carry and was iffy pass blocking at the beginning of the year.  By the end of the season they were almost splitting carries.  I'm not saying it is happening but it wouldn't surprise me if it did either.  

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Cook does a bunch of things that go with this offense. He’s going to see a ton of time as a pass catcher and he was really starting to tote the rock really well with the end of the season.

It’ll be a two back system just like we had before except cooki will be the primary back unless he shows that he can’t hold up and pass protection, which is a whole other discussion

i watched him line up as a pass catcher last season and they hardly looked his way, must not be getting open.  Singletary at least would hit someone.  I saw Cook get Diggs blown up on wr screens and Allen run for dear life.  He might work in Madden.  

• Agree 1

Just now, 1onemangang7 said:

i watched him line up as a pass catcher last season and they hardly looked his way, must not be getting open.  Singletary at least would hit someone.  I saw Cook get Diggs blown up on wr screens and Allen run for dear life.  He might work in Madden.  

They will probably use cook a little differently, but let’s try to remember that he was a rookie, and was only getting better as the season went on

Hey, I like Damien Harris I’m just saying that there’s room for both of them on the team

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

Cook was a rookie who fumbled his first carry and was iffy pass blocking at the beginning of the year.  By the end of the season they were almost splitting carries.  I'm not saying it is happening but it wouldn't surprise me if it did either.  

Excactly.  You found out pretty quick who can play RB in the NFL.  The good contribute right out of the gate. 

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

They will probably use cook a little differently, but let’s try to remember that he was a rookie, and was only getting better as the season went on

Hey, I like Damien Harris I’m just saying that there’s room for both of them on the team

you guys and this Cook pipe dream....let it go, he's gonna be gone in a couple years. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2

It’s not that Harris is better than Singletary, they are both different types of backs and they are pretty equal in overall value.   

But the Bills were looking for someone a little bulkier who is built to get the short yardage situations more effectively.   

Good signing at an excellent value.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 1onemangang7 said:

Excactly.  You found out pretty quick who can play RB in the NFL.  The good contribute right out of the gate. 

Don't get me wrong I'd love to line up and run Harris 15 to 20 times a game and actually develop a real running game.  I would have loved to have seen them do that with Singletary and I'd love to see that now.  All indications are that they probably could have done it but for whatever reason even when we are up 2 scores in the second half of a game we are still throwing it and running Allen.  So I'd love to see us run Harris a lot but it wouldn't surprise me if we see more of Cook and run both of them a little.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Cook does a bunch of things that go with this offense. He’s going to see a ton of time as a pass catcher and he was really starting to tote the rock really well with the end of the season.

It’ll be a two back system just like we had before except cooki will be the primary back unless he shows that he can’t hold up and pass protection, which is a whole other discussion

That was supposed to be the plan last year. 

Not sure why Allen didn't throw Cook the ball. Cook looked pretty good at the end of the year and still didn't get targets. 

Hines was a DNP on the offense as well. 

Not sure what the Bills plan will be with these running backs. You guess is as good as mine. 

Is anyone else at least but concerned ? How would you if you were the Texans sign DS for 3.75 when you could have had Harris for 1.7?

why didn’t NE just sign him back?

something doesn’t add up? Is his hamstring absolutely F’d?

8 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

you guys and this Cook pipe dream....let it go, he's gonna be gone in a couple years. 

Where do you people come from and why on earth do you come here?

2 minutes ago, balln said:

Is anyone else at least but concerned ? How would you if you were the Texans sign DS for 3.75 when you could have had Harris for 1.7?

why didn’t NE just sign him back?

something doesn’t add up? Is his hamstring absolutely F’d?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.  This is way too good to be true….there must be something wrong with him….. 

not.  

Sometimes GMs make good moves 

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I just don't see Cook as a number one 20 touch RB. He's never done that in college. He looks promising and to be a nice weapon with further development and coaching scheme. 

The addition. of Harris on the cheap is a very good acquisition. 

Edited by newcam2012

This is a guy coming to be a part of an explosive offense and taking less to do so, to reset his market next year. This is the Josh Allen affect. When people complain that these signings don’t happen, well here it is. It’s amazing and the price he signed for is shocking really. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

I just don't see Cook as a number one 20 touch RB. He's never done that in college. He looks promising and to be a nice wrapin upin further development and coaching scheme. 

The addition. of Harris on the cheap is a very acquisition. 

You can’t even get yourself to say it was a good acquisition.  This is gold 

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This is a guy coming to be a part of an explosive offense and taking less to do so, to reset his market next year. This is the Josh Allen affect. When people complain that these signings don’t happen, well here it is. It’s amazing and the price he signed for is shocking really. 

Probably more like there weren’t any big offers so go to a good team effect.  

33 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Beane doing wizardly things

I am a draft a running back guy, but you can’t beat that price for Damien Harris

Just got home and seen Damien Harris's $s.  Spotrac $7.1M.  Beane signs him $1.7M.

Someone got it backwards and it wasn't the wizard!

image.png.0e33284ff95d558a110c9d190ba0c3a4.png

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Ultimately I think Harris is a good back and a good signing provided it’s a cheaper contract. I just don’t really expect much more out of him than we got from Singletary. 

I know their stats aren't dissimilar but from what I've seen of Harris, he's bigger, faster, stronger.   I think he's a significant upgrade if he stays healthy.  

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

Probably more like there weren’t any big offers so go to a good team effect.  

Bills fans just like to complain. He had a modest contract to come here, instead if thinking positive, automatically there must be something wrong with the guy. Nobody wanted him. They use PFF and Spotrac data when it backs their points and ignore it when it doesn’t. 

I guess we will never know the truth, but fans complain that Josh doesnt’t atteact guys the way some other QBs do, he attracts a guy who is better than what we had and making half, and there must be something wrong with the guy. Its silly. 

This is an amazing signing. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

yes, big upside for him.  If he keeps his legs healthy and stays on the field he knows he gets paid in '24.  Nobody standing in his way

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Bills fans just like to complain. He had a modest contract to come here, instead if thinking positive, automatically there must be something wrong with the guy. Nobody wanted him.  They uses PFF and Spotrac data when it backs their points and ignore it when it doesn’t. 

I guess we will never know the truth, but fans complain that Josh doesnt’t atteact guys the way some other QBs do, he attracts a guy who is better than what we had and making half, and there must be something wrong with the guy. Its silly. 

Those posters that chronically do that are not seen by me, unless some of you other board members reply to them.

The trolling is so hard on this board, it's like George Costanza saying, "The ocean called and they're running out of shrimp"!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

We’ll also take OBJ on a 1.7 mil per deal thanks😆

Man how awesome would that be lol…but honestly I was a bit skeptical about Harris. Now that I see the contracts for him and Sherfield I’m on board and hopeful for a big time WR soon and that we’re going to build the O line through the draft

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.