Bills sign Damien Harris

aristocrat

18 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Justice Hill - $2.25m

Travis Homer - $2m

Boston Scott - $2m

As much as I'd love it if we got Harris for peanuts, there is zero chance he's getting less than Justice Hill, Travis Homer, and Boston Scott. We should be praising Beane if he could get it done somewhere between 3-4m.

Lol

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

Hate to break it to you but Singletary is literally one of the smallest and least physical RBs in the entire league. Bottom percentile across the board. 

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/devin-singletary

He was on one of the highest powered offenses in the entire league facing light boxes and getting carries on draws and designed misdirections and left so many yards on the field. Constantly chased down from behind. Just small, slow, weak. Absolutely useless between the tackles.

Damien Harris is a much larger, faster, stronger back that can hit between the tackles. Just a competely different type of player. So much better. 

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/damien-harris

There's a reason the only team that wanted Singletary was the Texans for 1 yr as a backup... the starting running back for one of the most high powered offenses in the NFL, just no interest in him.

The entire NFL knows it, he stinks, he'll never crack 1k rushing in his career. You won't hear from him again, he'll be irrelevant now that he's off the Bills. 

We got massively better on the ground today.

Apparently the league thought differently 😂😂.

Harris at a $1.7M base is a nice deal. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

22 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

As I mentioned an earlier post, Spotrac's estimated market value for him was 7.1 annually. He may have come a little cheaper than that, but there's no way he came under 2 million. Especially if Motor cost 3.75. His market value was under Harris'.

Do did you have the wrong player ? or switch the 1.7 to 7.1?

6 minutes ago, Nester said:

Do did you have the wrong player ? or switch the 1.7 to 7.1?

Nope. It's still there if you want to laugh and/or praise the genius that is Brandon Beane.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/damien-harris-29123/market-value/

Again, I was clearly wrong. And I'm thrilled to have been wrong. I didn't see any way we'd get him for half of Alexander Mattison, less than half of Devin Singletary, and even cheaper than Travis Homer and Justice Hill. But here we are!

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You ok, @HappyDays? :thumbsup:

Yes! This is fantastic news. My original thought that an injury ridden downhill RB is worth less than $2 million. The only thing I don't understand is why some fans were okay with the idea that he would get more than that and cost us a comp pick.

Now we wait to see Singletary's base value.

• Like (+1) 1

Love this signing now.  Also gives you some insight as to why Motor didn't return.  I'd like to think he'd still be here all things being equal but Harris signing for so little I can't blame Motor for taking the money and if Beane found Harris at 1.7m first I can't blame him for taking him at that price over bring Singletary back.  It all just makes sense and luckily I think it's to our benefit.  Harris is a lot of back for that price and for all we know they could plan on starting Cook. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Love this signing now.  Also gives you some insight as to why Motor didn't return.  I'd like to think he'd still be here all things being equal but Harris signing for so little I can't blame Motor for taking the money and if Beane found Harris at 1.7m first I can't blame him for taking him at that price over bring Singletary back.  It all just makes sense and luckily I think it's to our benefit.  Harris is a lot of back for that price and for all we know they could plan on starting Cook. 

Cook couldnt start over Singletary, how's he gonna beat this guy out?  The only way is if the dude limps off again.  

• Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Cook couldnt start over Singletary, how's he gonna beat this guy out?  The only way is if the dude limps off again.  

Cook does a bunch of things that go with this offense. He’s going to see a ton of time as a pass catcher and he was really starting to tote the rock really well with the end of the season.

It’ll be a two back system just like we had before except cooki will be the primary back unless he shows that he can’t hold up and pass protection, which is a whole other discussion

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

"Start" when it comes to RB on most teams in the NFL, especially the Bills, is an old school thought. We are a committee. Now we have two guys who do different things. The majority of the carries on any given game between Cook and Harris will come down to game plan.

And as far as last year and Singletary goes, it had way more to do with McDermott's way of playing Rookies and easing them in. Which, in my opinion, is a little too conservative. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.