Bills sign Damien Harris

aristocrat

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don't think that is necessarily the case though.  I mean if Beane loves Robinson, then signing a RB to a 1 year deal IMHO would not take Robinson off their board at 27.

The reality though is that Bijan is almost certainly going to be gone by 27 though, so I don't think it's a decision Beane and the Bills will face.  Once he ran a good 40 and removed any break away speed doubts, any chance he could slide to 27 was all but eliminated.  He has a chance to go within the first 10 picks, and has very little chance of reaching us at 27 IMHO.  

I just don’t think we are a team that works like that anymore.  We have our prioritized positions that we pay, and then the rest of the team will be rookies and one year deal guys.  

RBs are a dime a dozen to us based on this regime.  With needing to upgrade MLB and offensive line (Beane’s words), I can’t imagine them not prioritizing them in the first 3 rounds.  If Beane doesn’t put high picks into those positions, takes a chance on high potential guys, and they fail to contribute, then I think that’s a really bad look.  

18 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Yes, I am aware of your opinion. We differ. No point in endless back-and-forth. The reality will be resolved on the playing field. Certainly, it would be better for the Bills if I am right.

You can’t have a differing opinion that other people these days.. on any topic

14 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I dont think teams will adjust or be forced to do anything because Damien Harris is on the field is my point. Did the Bills adjust the D because of him? Did any team adjust because of him? This is really diminishing our other RB's. This is not a Ferrari vs Kia upgrade. Its more like a Toyota vs Honda. Same quality, different skillset. 

Maybe the Bills should have since he put up 3 100 yard games against them in the 4 times he played and scored 5 YDs 

So … to summarize:

- the Bills brain trust drafted Singletary in 2019 while Harris was still on the board

- Singletary’s performance so far has ratified that judgement. He has been superior to that of Harris, both in terms of health (a lot) and productivity (a little)

- 4 years later the same Bills brain trust changes its collective mind, and signs Harris while letting Singletary walk. 
I’m not terribly worked up about this, but isn’t this just a move for the sake of making a move?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

If a member of the Bills Mafia invents a time machine, I'll ask them to bring us Thurman, Cookie, and Freddy to fill out our RB room.   But given the harsh realities of science and spending caps, I'm happy with Harris.

When I watched him play against, I remember thinking, "I wish we had a back like that."   Now we do, at an affordable cost.  

For those comparing Motor's stats with Harris, let's remember Motor was running in a Josh Allen led offense while Harris was running in a Mac Jones led offense.  Defenses playing against us play with one thought in mind: slow Allen.   NE's offense is more balanced than our which means the defenses they face don't sell out to stop the pass.

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

So now we want Harris having the ball over Josh? When he was on the Pats I guarantee we would all say Josh is more dangerous in the red zone than Harris. 

From inside the 3 yard line on a running play, I would say so, yes.  The less hits Allen is taking the better.  

Edited by The Wiz

8 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Can we take a moment to appreciate how truly stupid this post is? Haha 

Of all the things to be upset about, you’re upset that he’s the same height and weight as several hall of fame calibre running backs?

I wasn't upset at all i was just making a passing observation to who the Bills have brought in prior to this guy and didn't realize it would generate that much displeasure but y'all are the experts i guess . 

Okay so i looked back at the height & weight of some HOF backs & you are right some are even smaller than this guy & went on to become HOF'ers my bad .

So i will take the flack that you all have put out because of my remark about this guys stature & hope that this guy proves me wrong .

Thank you to all for making me aware of just how much more football savvy you are than me it's much appreciated .

From now on i will try to refrain from such remarks . Thanks again !! Go Bills !!! 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don't think that is necessarily the case though.  I mean if Beane loves Robinson, then signing a RB to a 1 year deal IMHO would not take Robinson off their board at 27.

The reality though is that Bijan is almost certainly going to be gone by 27 though, so I don't think it's a decision Beane and the Bills will face.  Once he ran a good 40 and removed any break away speed doubts, any chance he could slide to 27 was all but eliminated.  He has a chance to go within the first 10 picks, and has very little chance of reaching us at 27 IMHO.  

If he gets to Dallas right in front of us he gets no further. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

So … to summarize:

- the Bills brain trust drafted Singletary in 2019 while Harris was still on the board

- Singletary’s performance so far has ratified that judgement. He has been superior to that of Harris, both in terms of health (a lot) and productivity (a little)

- 4 years later the same Bills brain trust changes its collective mind, and signs Harris while letting Singletary walk. 
I’m not terribly worked up about this, but isn’t this just a move for the sake of making a move?

Are the $$s for both similar? 

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Rushing td’s from the red zone are more on the play call and the OL than the RB.If Harris has 15 td’s for the Bills I would bet it means Allen got injured. We are not a line up qb under center hand off to the rb team. Even in the red zone we are still going shotgun. That is not the system Harris has been used in. 

Respectfully, I disagree with...just about all of this.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

You can’t have a differing opinion that other people these days.. on any topic

Is that a dig. You watch the games or go play golf. If he's right then the Bills ride Allen til everyone blames him for not being able to carry all the way.. don't have a different opinion with those people 

We needed a back that can run between the tackles now and then and bang out some short yards.

As folks here have mentioned, if his health holds up, he is a fit for that change of pace back we are missing.

I don't see the Bills ever being that team that consistently runs the ball, rather just running enough to keep defenses honest.

And all our backs need to be very good in pass pro as Allen should be throwing out of those 11 and 12 sets and using play action more.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

So … to summarize:

Singletary has not been a difference maker for us.  He has been solid at times.  But not the reason we have been a top team.  He has a low ceiling based on what he has shown.  No reason to resign him for 3-4 million.  Damion Harris has been solid and sometimes more then that.  At least against us.  He has a little more pop then Singletary.  Sometimes you have to reshuffle the deck.  Noone should be complaining about this move.  At least the signing of Harris and Sherfield shows that Beane is at least awake.

The general consensus on this message board since the debacle two months ago against the Bengals in the playoffs is that Beane and McDermott have not built a good enough team around Josh Allen.  There is a sense of frustration, desperation for some (yes you Iron Maiden Bills-love the guys user name, but where his head is in the thread he started last nite is way too far gone!) and some angst for most of us.  We are all huge Bills and football fans.  We think management has not stepped up like they should have.  And the trust of Beane's judgment seems at an all time low.  Understandable to a degree.  But looking at players like Damion Harris, he is a good addition to any team.  Good football players (which the guy is) only make your team better.  We just need to find some good football players who are big and play on the lines.  That is where we have fallen short.

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

So … to summarize:

They are two different style of backs. Cook and Hines give us the skills Devin has. Devin, Cook, and Hines all lack the power running ability that Harris brings. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.