Bills sign Damien Harris

aristocrat

7 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

Oh yeah because everyone is clamoring to be the Texans backup! Good teams would never get a discount on a prove it deal with playing time!

We know what the league thinks of Singletary. He signed on to be a backup for the Texans in a 1 year deal LMAO.

Maybe you should try being a BILLS fan and not a Singletary fan. 

Bruh, are you serious?!? 😂😂

You said a bunch of nonsense about “the whole league knows it.” Hyperbole and exaggeration doesn’t impress me. All that I’ve said is that we lost a decent rotational back and replaced him with a different kind of decent rotational back. Not sure what you’re talking about but I know nonsense when I see it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that Bijan is a can’t miss star. I think that the Bills were really high on him. This draft just lacks top end talent so he will go earlier than expected. He’s a top 5 player in this class. I think that they, and everyone else, loves the player. 

Where would you rank him against Zeke and Saquon who were probably the last two "can't miss" top 10 type running backs?

On Harris, he is a short yardage / power back. He isn't an every down player. Do they think they have enough with him and Cook to build a consistent run game? Will be interesting to see. 

Edited by GunnerBill

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Where would you rank him against Zeke and Saquon who were probably the last two "can't miss" top 10 type running backs?

On Harris, he is a short yardage / power back. He isn't an every down player. Do they think they have enough with him and Cook to build a consistent run game? Will be interesting to see. 

I rank Bijan behind  Zeke and Barkley coming out. I thought Barkley was as good of a RB prospect as I could remember and Zeke is my favorite Buckeye ever. That probably clouded my judgement some. I have him above Etienne, CEH, Fournette, Jacobs, Penny, Michel, Najee and every other first round back in the last 10+ years. This is a garbage draft though so it’s tough to see him at 27. He’s safe with big upside.

Harris, to me, is what they wanted Moss to be. He brings a different skill set and can convert in short yardage. Harris rounds out th skill set in the RB room. He’s a decent back. 

The running game depends on Cook’s development IMO. If he takes a step, which he might, they’ll be okay. Saffold has historically been a superior run blocker to McGovern as well (McGovern is an obvious upgrade overall). 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I don’t think we’ll see a running back now until the later rounds

It’s OK we’ve got holes to fill

Agreed and if we don't draft a RB that is fine too.  UDFA.  We have drafted a lot of RBs and have Cook for 3 more years.  We only have 6 picks.  I hope we do not draft a RB.  If late, so be it and hopefully they are a great pick up.

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Harris, to me, is what they wanted Moss to be. He brings a different skill set and can convert in short yardage. Harris rounds out th skill set in the RB room. He’s a decent back. 

The running game depends on Cook’s development IMO. If he takes a step, which he might, they’ll be okay. Saffold has historically been a superior run blocker to McGovern as well (McGovern is an obvious upgrade overall). 

Agreed and agreed.

1 hour ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Most likely. Dumpster dive FA on offense, ignore it before round 3 in the draft 

That really does seem like what’s about to happen. I think Harris might be are best addition so far though. 

Edited by BananaB

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I rank Bijan behind  Zeke and Barkley coming out. I thought Barkley was as good of a RB prospect as I could remember and Zeke is my favorite Buckeye ever. That probably clouded my judgement some. I have him above Etienne, CEH, Fournette, Jacobs, Penny, Michel, Najee and every other first round back in the last 10+ years. This is a garbage draft though so it’s tough to see him at 27. He’s safe with big upside.

Yea I have him behind Zeke and Barkley too. I had a 1st on Fournette, which was a miss, but didn't have a first on any of Etienne, CEH, Jacobs, Penny, Michel or Najee. The only other backs I had a 1st on in the period since Zeke were Dalvin Cook and Jonathan Taylor. I think Bijan is missing that home run hitter ability for the NFL. Don't love his long speed and think he can be a bit of a straight line runner once in the open field. But he has everything else. At the moment Bijan is =3 among those guys with the grade I had on Fournette. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I have him behind Zeke and Barkley too. I had a 1st on Fournette, which was a miss, but didn't have a first on any of Etienne, CEH, Jacobs, Penny, Michel or Najee. The only other backs I had a 1st on in the period since Zeke were Dalvin Cook and Jonathan Taylor. I think Bijan is missing that home run hitter ability for the NFL. Don't love his long speed and think he can be a bit of a straight line runner once in the open field. But he has everything else. At the moment Bijan is =3 among those guys with the grade I had on Fournette. 

I was in Louisiana when Fournette was at LSU. I never understood the hype. He was a HS legend and had the body. He just never felt like a great back to me. I used to argue that Zeke > Fournette all of the time. Bijan reminds me of Barkley without the breakaway speed. 

This draft reminds of the 2013 draft when it comes to skill players. 2023 has better QBs but the rest of the skill players are meh. Bijan jumps out at me because he is a “can’t miss” guy. 2013 produced Kelce, Hopkins, Le’Veon, Keenan Allen and a few others but none were “can’t miss.” Hopkins is the only one of them that went in the 1st and that was at 27. This draft feels like it’ll probably produce some high end players but who knows which ones it will be. I like Robinson because I think that he is likely to be one of the good players to come out of it. 

P.S. If you ever want to see another Louisiana HS legend go watch Pooka Williams HS highlights. He is by far, the best HS player that I have ever seen. I saw Ja’Marr Chase, Justin Jefferson, etc… in high school. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 4

You guys really have to stop with the “this  signing means we won’t sign this guy”rhetoric, Beane falls in love with players. 

If he has someone he likes, and it lines up, he’s taking that player, regardless of the roster. 

That’s how the draft should work anyhow. 

8 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

No,I think they still need a tackle, wide receiver, possibly depth at tight end and interior OLine.

My guess for Rd 1 is either OL or WR. They still need to build the offense around Josh. It will be interesting to see what Beane does.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

You guys really have to stop with the “this  signing means we won’t sign this guy”rhetoric, Beane falls in love with players. 

If he has someone he likes, and it lines up, he’s taking that player, regardless of the roster. 

That’s how the draft should work anyhow. 

the problem is it hasn't always lined up and we draft players that McBeane like, instead of obvious needs and depth.

20 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

No,I think they still need a tackle, wide receiver, possibly depth at tight end and interior OLine.

I agree.

My fear is these role player signings are going to let them justify drafting defensive players with premium picks.

8 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Jeez, they're predicting him that high? $7.1? That's crazy, IMO. He's a good back, but not nearly that good.

I guess it's somewhere between $2.5 and $4M, hopefully more towards the lower regions of that range. If it's more than $4M, I'd be a bit disappointed.

Was wondering if they ever update that? It's one thing to have guessed that a month ago, versus earlier this week after we see all the $3m signings 

24 minutes ago, McBean said:

I agree.

My fear is these role player signings are going to let them justify drafting defensive players with premium picks.

The team desperately needs help at LB and CB and safety depth, not to mention a true run-stuffing DL and you don't want to use picks there? 

• Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, flmike said:

The team desperately needs help at LB and CB and safety depth, not to mention a true run-stuffing DL and you don't want to use picks there? 

I honestly can't tell if this is sarcasm.  Josh is our best player and we need to protect him short and long term and you are talking about Safety depth?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, flmike said:

This team desperately needs upgrades at IOL/OT #2 WR, could use a 2nd TE just the same

Without Allen our D won't save us so give the Offense some top tools should be priority

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.