Bills sign Damien Harris

aristocrat

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They are essentially middle of the pack by position group everywhere on offense(maybe worse on offensive line) except elite at QB….as the team preps to go defensive heavy in the draft…. Maybe they shock me and take a WR that falls or sign OBJ, but right now it’s probably a McD filled draft once again. 

On the bright side as you said if cook makes a jump or they land a WR in the draft they get better in those two groups. Davis is what he is.

Is March 20 the earliest you've given the Bills draft a failing greed or nah?

• Haha (+1) 3

IMO Damien Harris isnt signed to replace Singletary. Cook was drafted to do that. Hines might see some action there too.

Harris is signed to replace Moss/Josh, as the change of pace power back.

I think the comparison and debate of Harris v Singletary is off track. They signed deals on the same day of the same offseason. That's about it. It's like if we were arguing Sherfield v John Brown.

• Like (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, boyst said:

I don't know you from Adam but I know Kirbs. Without outing him the dude has worked in the NFL as a business, he knows what's going on... And if he's saying it than it's just not opinion in most cases. 

He didn't say anything, he just said whoever gets more money will decide it which couldn't be further from the truth.

Bad teams like the Texans always have to overpay compared to competing teams adding a guy on a prove it type deal. 

Guys that work in the NFL make mistakes all the time,  GMs wanted Ryan Leaf over Peyton Manning.

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I wouldn't be quick to say he got Harris on a "low salary" until the numbers come in. He was up there with Miles Sanders and David Montgomery as the RB's with the highest market value going into FA. I'd be surprised if he comes in under 5.5 annually.

I think people on here are way overrating a decent RB with a one-trick skill set who's missed several games a year to injury. That kind of player goes for $2 million or less. If we paid $5 million per year and cost ourselves a 3rd round pick in 2024 I have no clue what Beane was thinking.

• Agree 1

Unless they got this guy dirt cheap, they might have well just stuck with Motor. He isn’t any better. Just another jag. People want to dream about how he ripped up our poor run defense and think he is amazing for it. He is just another dime a dozen back. 

3 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

He's not nearly the receiver Singletary is and had a hard time staying in the lineup over the last 3 years. That doesn't even count barely seeing the field at all his rookie year.

He was behind Sony Mitchel, James White, Rex Burkhead and Brandon Bolden.

BB still drafted him in the 3rd and he was the leading rusher the next year.

BB uses a RB by committee approach, each with specific roles. 

I like how Beane approaches FA in general.  It's been said quite a bit - but he does like to fill any perceived "holes" ahead of time. Then, if we can get a better player at that position in the draft, even better.

The only real hole we have at the moment is MLB.  With everything else, the hope of course is that we improve w/ the draft (looking at you, O-line), but we could roll w/ what we have.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

This 1 year deal for Harris makes me think even more strongly they’ll target Bijan in the draft. Honestly feel like a trade up is in the cards. Then you go into 2023 with the Vet, Cook more comfortable in year 2, and Bijan learning the ropes but with less pressure and fully taking the reins in 2024

• Disagree 3
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

He was behind Sony Mitchel, James White, Rex Burkhead and Brandon Bolden.

BB still drafted him in the 3rd and he was the leading rusher the next year.

BB uses a RB by committee approach, each with specific roles. 

That wasn't the case the last 3 years when he missed 14 games combined. 

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I love that part. I'd encourage checking the Pats boards - they're kind of melting down about it.

A few Dolphins players hate that Sherfield came to Buffalo too.

Open minded about both TBH.

I don't expect fireworks from either, but I think they will help this team be more physical and be able to produce.

Shrefield is 6'1 220

Harris is 5'11" 215

McKenzie was 5'8" 175

Singletary was 5'7 205

It adds up over a season. Main reason i didn't like the other WR signing.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I like how Beane approaches FA in general.  It's been said quite a bit - but he does like to fill any perceived "holes" ahead of time. Then, if we can get a better player at that position in the draft, even better.

The only real hole we have at the moment is MLB.  With everything else, the hope of course is that we improve w/ the draft (looking at you, O-line), but we could roll w/ what we have.

disagree. We have a bunch of ok role players but not enough impact to elite players. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

You forgot to include the part where he's only played in only 38 of 66 games in his career.

You are absolutely right there is an injury risk. That comes with bruisers between the tackles.

I'll take injury risk with a bruiser with NFL size and physical traits vs a healthy guy that has none of it. 

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

disagree. We have a bunch of ok role players but not enough impact to elite players. 

That's kind of how it is w/ teams that have to pay an elite QB.  We haven't had that issue in many years, so I think this FA is surprising for fans - but we simply can't afford much. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.