Bills sign Damien Harris

aristocrat

1 hour ago, RocCityRoller said:

Captain Jack Campbell (LB) would be drafted prior to any S in round one.

Not that I have a round one grade on him. (I don't)

Where is the Bill signal when ya need it?  Safety. Round 1. Period. Lasssssgoooo

• Haha (+1) 1

Not a move I wanted or was expecting, but I still think it is a solid move.

I think Devin is the better overall back, but Harris brings what we didn't have: a little size and toughness. Cook is going to be the lead back this year, Harris provides insurance (which is why I wanted them to retain Devin). And we don't need him to be a #1 workhorse back, we need him in short yardage...and more importantly to close out games. How many times over the last couple of years have we let teams claw their way back into games because we couldn't close them out? If Harris is an improvement (which he should be) on the goal line and in the 4-minute offense only, he will be worth it.

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

As I mentioned an earlier post, Spotrac's estimated market value for him was 7.1 annually. He may have come a little cheaper than that, but there's no way he came under 2 million. Especially if Motor cost 3.75. His market value was under Harris'.

He could be less than Motor.  I prefer Harris over Motor.  Liked Motor too.

If Harris cost $5 million a year I don’t think I like it or not as much.  I think Harris will be between $3-5.

Being a one year deal Harris didn’t have a market either.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Well this means no Zeke, and I'm fine with it since they are basically equal for what we need them for, and I'm sure Harris was cheaper.

Now sign OBJ, or get Jeudy, and I'll be all set for when they inevitably draft Safety in round 1.

I would rather find a rookie who meets what we need vs. OBJ or Jeudy. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Let’s see who got more money before we pretend to know how the league views these players. You’ll look pretty bad saying “the entire NFL knows it” if that’s not how it plays out.

Oh yeah because everyone is clamoring to be the Texans backup! Good teams would never get a discount on a prove it deal with playing time!

We know what the league thinks of Singletary. He signed on to be a backup for the Texans in a 1 year deal LMAO.

Maybe you should try being a BILLS fan and not a Singletary fan. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

I think RT is our first round pick with a lot of OTs projected in our range but definitely agree on nabbing Hopkins for a 3rd or give OBJ a one year deal to prove he still has it to the league 

Hopkins isn't a thing. It's a pipedream. He has only this year and next year on his deal. A 36 million dollar cap hit this season and a 23 million dollar cap hit next year. There is no way to restructure him to where we could afford it. Even if we could do a new deal for him, there's no way Beane would carry both Diggs and Hopkins contract at the same time.

We're 18+ million over the cap next season also. A gamble on an less than market value deal with OBJ, sure. Hopkins cannot be done.

5 minutes ago, Manther said:

He could be less than Motor.  I prefer Harris over Motor.  Liked Motor too.

If Harris cost $5 million a year I don’t think I like it or not as much.  I think Harris will be between $3-5.

Being a one year deal Harris didn’t have a market either.

Nope. He's not coming in under Motor. Especially if his agent agreed to the deal after seeing what Motor got. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19

9 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

You’ll catch hell but unless cook or Davis make a big jump it’s hard to say any position group is solidly excellent. There’s a lot of decent. Not much great or terrible. 

Cook doesn't need to make a big jump, he just needs more touches. T-1st among all RBs with a 5.7 ypc average. Was T-14th among RBs with (6) 20+ yard runs even though he only had 89 carries. He was the only RB with a sub 15 carries per 20+ yard run. Matter of fact he was the only sub 20 carries per 20+ yard run. 2 RBs had 1 every ~22 carries, another had 1 about every ~25 carries. Everyone else averaged 1 every 28-30+ carries. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Well....he's no Mike Tolbert. Is he even a Chris Ivory?!

Nah, I kid. McDermott certainly has a preference for a larger RB in the backfield, tho. 

This dude has definitely had some moments. Cook, Hines, Harris, I'm good with that. I bet they still draft one...before, I said it'd be no later than fourth round but with this signing I'll say no later than sixth. 

Edited by blacklabel

2 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Oh yeah because everyone is clamoring to be the Texans backup! Good teams would never get a discount on a prove it deal with playing time!

We know what the league thinks of Singletary. He signed on to be a backup for the Texans in a 1 year deal LMAO.

I don't know you from Adam but I know Kirbs. Without outing him the dude has worked in the NFL as a business, he knows what's going on... And if he's saying it than it's just not opinion in most cases. 

5 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Hopkins isn't a thing. It's a pipedream. He has only this year and next year on his deal. A 36 million dollar cap hit this season and a 23 million dollar cap hit next year. There is no way to restructure him to where we could afford it. Even if we could do a new deal for him, there's no way Beane would carry both Diggs and Hopkins contract at the same time.

We're 18+ million over the cap next season also. A gamble on an less than market value deal with OBJ, sure. Hopkins cannot be done.

Nope. He's not coming in under Motor. Especially if his agent agreed to the deal after seeing what Motor got. 

You are most likely right, but, never say never.  I think they will be close.

18 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

You quoted as I deleted it, as I read a further post which suggested the reference might be referring to positions rather than single players. Get a legit number two WR through the door and I’ll be much happier. The RB room is decent providing Harris stays fit.

So 32 teams, 2 WR each = top 64. Even an American can do that math.

If our WR2 was worse than Top 64 I would agree with you.

But he's not. Far from it.

You do know our #2 was top 64 in yards, TDs, 1st downs per catch and yards per catch????

He was in fact top 40 in all of those categories.

Top 32-40 in most of them. Even top 15 in many.

The people TSW wanted to replace him did worse across the board last year, and I have proven it over and over again.

The issues last year were 1) poor OL, 2) rookie OC, 3) no WR3, 4) no run game

Fix those four things then look at WR2.

Beane's big splash was OG McGovern (#1 issue), Harty and Sherfield (#3 issue), Harris (#4 issue)

#2 comes with time an fixing the other issues.

Yours has not been addressed yet.. I wonder why.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Harris was a back up who signed here to get his 10 carries a game.  He's probably most famous for fumbling last yea and costing them a must win game.  He has a few inches about 10 pounds and and runs a 4.57 40.  He's not fast.  It's not like we signed Barkley.  Harris should be capable at being a little more physical than Singletary and hopefully does everything else roughly the same because Singletary was pretty good.  Anyone who thinks Motor didn't run hard wasn't watching as he put the Dolphins away in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Now let's focus on RT/ WR2.  This Harris signing will work nicely. 

Agree on RT

Don't get me kicked off TSW for a while for the argument about WR2.....

You know this is where our beautiful relationship struggles. 🤣

I make so many people here angry arguing about that.

Let's talk nice 😄

Even if I appreciate Gabe for who is is, even I know he is not a WR1.

Bergeron or bust R1-R2.

RT/ OG/ WR/ LB/ S are all ok with me.

You really do try to stir up trouble!

Just now, Maine-iac said:

Harris was a back up who signed here to get his 10 carries a game.  He's probably most famous for fumbling last yea and costing them a must win game.  He has a few inches about 10 pounds and and runs a 4.57 40.  He's not fast.  It's not like we signed Barkley.  Harris should be capable at being a little more physical than Singletary and hopefully does everything else roughly the same because Singletary was pretty good.  Anyone who thinks Motor didn't run hard wasn't watching as he put the Dolphins away in the playoffs.

He's not nearly the receiver Singletary is and had a hard time staying in the lineup over the last 3 years. That doesn't even count barely seeing the field at all his rookie year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.