Bills sign Damien Harris

aristocrat

Love this signing.  Take some of the hits off of Josh on short yardage situations.  

I saw a few comparing yards per carry to Singletary, but he also had to run into stacked boxes where Devin was usually running into favorable alignments. 

Absolutely need the offensive line to be better though. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Singeltary has 368 more touches than Harris. These conversations only work when we apply facts and real info. People can’t just make things like “Harris has 3x the workload.”

Hate to break it to you but Singletary is literally one of the smallest and least physical RBs in the entire league. Bottom percentile across the board. 

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/devin-singletary

He was on one of the highest powered offenses in the entire league facing light boxes and getting carries on draws and designed misdirections and left so many yards on the field. Constantly chased down from behind. Just small, slow, weak. Absolutely useless between the tackles.

Damien Harris is a much larger, faster, stronger back that can hit between the tackles. Just a competely different type of player. So much better. 

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/damien-harris

There's a reason the only team that wanted Singletary was the Texans for 1 yr as a backup... the starting running back for one of the most high powered offenses in the NFL, just no interest in him.

The entire NFL knows it, he stinks, he'll never crack 1k rushing in his career. You won't hear from him again, he'll be irrelevant now that he's off the Bills. 

We got massively better on the ground today.

Edited by ArtVandalay
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Outside of QB the entire offense is pretty mediocre.

You’ll catch hell but unless cook or Davis make a big jump it’s hard to say any position group is solidly excellent. There’s a lot of decent. Not much great or terrible. 

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Honestly don’t care for this.

Why did we need strictly a runner - he offers nothing in the passing game.  

Against an Allen offense you should be worried about every weapon on the field. 

I’m guessing he’s the short yardage guy. Cook and Hines are the receiving backs. Hines in particular hopefully gets a screen game going. Bills have been bad at it on both sides of the ball. 

Edited by QLBillsFan

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The 2021 version of Harris says hi....

You quoted as I deleted it, as I read a further post which suggested the reference might be referring to positions rather than single players. Get a legit number two WR through the door and I’ll be much happier. The RB room is decent providing Harris stays fit.

3 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Hate to break it to you but Singletary is literally one of the smallest and least physical RBs in the entire league. Bottom percentile across the board. 

He was on one of the highest powered offenses in the entire league facing light boxes and getting carries on draws and designed misdirections and left so many yards on the field. Constantly chased down from behind. Just small, slow, weak. Absolutely useless between the tackles.

Damien Harris is a much larger, faster, stronger back that can hit between the tackles. Just a competely different type of player. So much better. 

There's a reason the only team that wanted Singletary was the Texans for 1 yr as a backup... the starting running back for one of the most high powered offenses in the NFL, just no interest in him.

The entire NFL knows it, he stinks, he'll never crack 1k rushing in his career. You won't hear from him again, he'll be irrelevant now that he's off the Bills. 

But if he were horrendous….. No one would’ve signed him.  

you’re exaggerating big time.  He’s a backup.  And that’s what he is. 

P.s. - you have no idea if no other teams were interested -  do you have a link?

10 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Oh I do too. 100% agree with you.

Sorry my sarcasm was not clear, I love this pick up and Sherfield.

Neither were FA studs, but both are true NFL players that can improve the team.

Sherfield. Best blocking WR we have had since Woods, and can play outside if needed, also plays ST.

Replaces Kumerow and Mckenzie in one shot.

Harty = McKenzie/ Stevenson/ Jones

2 for 1 all offseason. I love it.

McGovern is an improvement at OG. (Just hope he plays RG)

We agree 100%. Solid Week 2 signings. Both improve the team IMO.

Now let's focus on RT/ WR2.  This Harris signing will work nicely. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I hope that you’re right. Statistics wouldn’t support that. Cook making the leap is the only way that they will be better than okay. He might just do that. He was good late in the season.

Me too. I’d expect Cook to take the next step and really think  a healthy dose of Harris running like he can and Buffalo will have a terrific 1-2 punch. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Now let's focus on RT/ WR2.  This Harris signing will work nicely. 

I think RT is our first round pick with a lot of OTs projected in our range but definitely agree on nabbing Hopkins for a 3rd or give OBJ a one year deal to prove he still has it to the league 

12 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Let’s see who got more money before we pretend to know how the league views these players. You’ll look pretty bad saying “the entire NFL knows it” if that’s not how it plays out.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s fine. The Bills are trying to “eliminate holes” on offense in FA. The RB room is okay at the moment. 

Agree. They can now take WR, MLB, OT, and C/G in the first four rounds in any particular order. The starters on the IOL are ok. RT needs to be an open competition with a rookie. And they need to add a WR#2 so Davis van walk next season.

Only issue left is DL. Do they hope Oliver can stay healthy or so they trade him and draft another DT??

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.