Bills sign Damien Harris

aristocrat

2 minutes ago, Lost said:

Do you guys think the Bills keep Hines this year?   He's gonna be getting paid a million more than Singletary is getting with the Texans.   

They've already reworked his contract.  They wouldn't do that if they weren't planning to keep him.

10 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Same yards per carry and Harris has like 3X the workload… but you think they are the same? (Face palm)

Also Harris carrying the rock up the middle while Singletary getting designed draws and outside runs vs light boxes.

It's not even comparable what these guys bring to the table.  Harris is such a better football player and has actual NFL size and physical traits. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea… I agree… however, I hate the fact that they are loading up for yet another defensive heavy draft…. Annoys the ***** out of me…. Will be less annoying if they can make 1B opposite Diggs a priority. 

But if Beane added lot of D players in FA , you would complain that this is a continued trend of only prioritizing D players. I too want them to shore up the OL but you have to give credit that at least the FA acquisitions are O heavy. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RocCityRoller said:

Given how little RBs are asked to run between the tackles here, I think he is fine.

It's not like Bill Belichick to mess with the injury report based on matchups......

I think that's why he's here.  I think McD has a lot of Neanderthal in him.  He wants to be able to win a game here or there by running it down the throat of the opposition.  This signing might allow him to accomplish that. 

Beane is having himself a day.  I really, really like the Sherfield move.  A ST contributor who also is an offensive contributor.  And a guy who could be a handful when we played him last year.  I wanted a Lazard type to spell Davis.  Looks like they may have found a smaller but similarly tough version on the cheap.  Now with Harris maybe we've found the grinder at RB that Zack Moss never could be.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Lol, what are you taking about?!? Singletary has 368 more touches!! You think by just making up numbers, people will believe you?? 😂😂

I don’t think they are the same. I think Singletary is slightly better. He’s more durable and a better receiver. 

Singletary doesn’t run like Harris. You are an excellent poster here, not taking a shot at you, I think you know the tape doesn’t lie. How Harris ran in NE is different than how Singletary ran in Buffalo. 

33 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

It will be and it should be. Harris is a different RB than Singletary and better at what he does than Singletary is at what he does.

With Cook and Hines, we needed a bruiser. And one that has proved he can do it. This is an upgrade, not a bad tradeoff.

Fair points so I am cautiously optimistic.

I did like Motor for maximizing his production with inferior blocking. I wish him well.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, ArtVandalay said:

Also Harris carrying the rock up the middle while Singletary getting designed draws and outside runs vs light boxes.

It's not even comparable what these guys bring to the table.  Harris is such a better football player and has actual NFL size and physical traits. 

Singeltary has 368 more touches than Harris. These conversations only work when we apply facts and real info. People can’t just make things like “Harris has 3x the workload.”

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ArtVandalay said:

Agreed,  and don't forget,  Harris was doing that with a worn out Cam Newton and a rookie/2nd year Mac Jones at QB.  He did not have the advantage of having Josh Allen (and Stefon Diggs) drawing defenders off to defend the pass to the same degree.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Why is he better? They have the same YPC. Motor has been way more durable while playing in a less run-friendly offense. Motor is also a superior reciever.

Again, Harris is a decent back. He raises the floor. 

I think Harris is a more consistent chain mover. YPC might be the same, but my memories of Singletary are me getting excited after an early 20+ yard run and then a long string of relative ineffectiveness 

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Interior DL is a need. We’d be upset with a DT? DT, OT, OG are good picks. Big guys.

Certainly could use help in the trenches and Ed/Daquan might be gone after this season. 

Front office has done what they typically do heading into draft, give themselves options to pick BPA.  MLB is such a critical piece to our defense, looks to be the direction for round 1 or 2.

I've been in the camp of improving OL and WR room, but DL is equally an issue (Boogie, Epenesa, Settle - all not reliable). 

We have Groot, Ed (who most want gone bc of his salary), & Daquan healthy now.  Von is no guarantee to be the same impactful player this yr.  DL has been our downfall in the past 3 playoff losses, lack of pressure/struggle to stop the run.  

Sad, given what Beane has invested, but it likely needs more talent infused at both DT and DE.  Could see Epenesa traded during camp.

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Singletary doesn’t run like Harris. You are an excellent poster here, not taking a shot at you, I think you know the tape doesn’t lie. How Harris ran in NE is different than how Singletary ran in Buffalo. 

I don’t think that Harris is better (I do think it is close though). I do think Harris is a better fit next to Cook (who I expect to be the primary back). I’m fine with the signing. I would have preferred a mid-round pick or someone that doesn’t count in the comp formula. With that being said, Harris will be fine and improve the Bills in short yardage. Cook’s development is the best hope for the running game to make the leap.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.