Bills sign Damien Harris

aristocrat

2 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

I'm not concerned about his salary.  If Beane needs more cap space, he'll create it.  We're only gonna run the ball 20-25 times a game anyway.  This adds to the threat.  I'd like them to draft the tight end from Georgia.  I don't know how teams will know who to cover.

By the way, I read that Harris caught something like 40 of 50 targets 2 years ago, so I think that shows he can catch the ball out of the backfield.

I don't think we'll take a linebacker or safety in the first round....unless somebody unexpected drops to us.  I do see Beane moving down a few spots to where the value matches the need.  

Career high in catches is only 18, so I suspect Cook or even Hines will be on the field on 3rd downs. 

It’s still a good addition though. He’s instantly our best short yardage back and brings more of a power element than we’ve had. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Why is he better? They have the same YPC. Motor has been way more durable while playing in a less run-friendly offense. Motor is also a superior reciever.

Again, Harris is a decent back. He raises the floor. 

Same yards per carry and Harris has like 3X the workload… but you think they are the same? (Face palm)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PBF81 said:

Who when he steps onto the field the opposing D will pretty much know it's a running play.  LOL  

Well, if you think he runs 100% of the time he is on the field, then you would be right.

How about his pass blocking?  Hmmmm.  

44 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

https://youtu.be/AiZzxhwLMYQ

Dude. Runs. Hard. 

I like how he makes a decision on his one cut, plants, and goes. He has speed and he finishes runs punishingly. Good vision. A lot of nice plays against the Bills in the above highlight video. Fits the profile to balance with Cook and Hines. Only age 26. Also good to take from NE*. 

His draft profile:

Disciplined and rugged with a very strong sense of who he is as a running back. He operates with a good feel for blocking schemes and finds the designed yards while adding extra with his power and some elusiveness. He lacks game-breaking juice as a runner and will need to keep his weight down or he'll end up in the "grinder" category of runners. Harris is more likely to be good than great as a pro, but his size, every-down game and ball security give him a chance to have fruitful career as a solid starter.

Runs like Marshawn Lynch. A bruiser who doesn't stop. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

3 games last year with "thigh injury" couple with a hamstring and a concussion but I didn't check which season that was.  He's missed 6 plus games in all but one season near as I can tell.  Unless he was a healthy scratch for some games.

He was a healthy scratch for most of his rookie season.  Hopefully this is the every other season he stays healthy.

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

Same yards per carry and Harris has like 3X the workload… but you think they are the same? (Face palm)

You also have to consider the offenses Singletary and Harris played in. It’s safe to say that defenses were much more concerned about the pass vs the Bills resulting in more light boxes to run against for Singletary compared to Harris.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lol, what are you taking about?!? Singletary has 368 more touches!! You think by just making up numbers, people will believe you?? 😂😂

I don’t think they are the same. I think Singletary is slightly better. He’s more durable and a better receiver. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

by 3 times you are you referring to the one season Harris played more than 11 games and had 14 more carries than Singletary?

Edited by Maine-iac

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I like the signing but there's 8 pages of responses that end in "if he can stay healthy".....

2020: 10/16 games played

2021: 15/17 games played

2022: 11/17 games played, 9/11 started

It's all grounded in reality... but he can only be as deadly as our offensive line and Dorsey allow him to be, which will be a lot more concerning to me!

40 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I'll call a hooker

Have her bring a lot of KY, 

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Lost said:

Do you guys think the Bills keep Hines this year?   He's gonna be getting paid a million more than Singletary is getting with the Texans.   

Yes. He restructured last week. I believe got a bit more guaranteed, but lowered the cap hit. 

Seems unlikely he’ll be cut. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

2020: 10/16 games played

2021: 15/17 games played

2022: 11/17 games played, 9/11 started

It's all grounded in reality... but he can only be as deadly as our offensive line and Dorsey allow him to be, which will be a lot more concerning to me!

Given how little RBs are asked to run between the tackles here, I think he is fine.

It's not like Bill Belichick to mess with the injury report based on matchups......

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.