aristocrat

1 minute ago, RocCityRoller said:

Good way to look at it.

McGovern is a > vs any OG

Sherfield > McKenzie/Crowder/Kumerow

Harty = McKenzie

Harris > Singletary

doesn't mean not drafting those spots again

I actually believe Harty to be the most impactful offensive addition. He’s the guy that adds a dimension that they have been lacking. The rest of the additions are either slight upgrades on their predessors (Sherfield > Kumerow, McGovern > Saffold) or slight downgrades (Harris < Motor) IMO. Harty is a dynamic playmaker that can make things happen on his own. 

The offense has gotten better overall. They needed to. They needed people that can keep Josh upright and people that can take the ball to the house on their own. Hines has some of that as well and was used sparingly. They still need another WR near the top of the depth chart that can win at all 3 levels.

• Agree 4

32 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Honestly don’t care for this.

Why did we need strictly a runner - he offers nothing in the passing game.  

Against an Allen offense you should be worried about every weapon on the field. 

Because we struggle to get tough yards when we only need a couple. It’s been a big problem for a few years. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, Mopreme said:

He was my third choice after Miles Sanders and Jamaal Williams. I like it especially if they got him under $3mil a year. 

Again, not going to happen. His estimated market value was on par with Miles Sanders and David Montgomery as the highest in FA. If Singletary got 3.75 - I'd be shocked if Harris came under 5.

4 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

100% the draft is another story... outside if JA = weak.

Heck McDermott landed Dawkins/ White and Milano in one draft.

2-3 drafts like that = Super Bowl

May want to let coach in the room on draft day.....

but what do we know.....

McD is in the room...like he is during all off-season.  In fact, his vision is how you end up going defense in RD1 the past 5 out of 7 years of his tenure.  And there are some long-time posters here seeing it could be 6 out of 8.    

6 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Thank you! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills listening to people say he's "jag", saying it's a bad move if he came for more than 2 million, or paying him more than Singletary is a "bad tradeoff".

We could not stop this guy in the game that cam Newton blew. The only thing stopping Harris was the patriots playcalling 

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I actually believe Harty to be the most impactful offensive addition. He’s the guy that adds a dimension that they have been lacking. (...) Harty is a dynamic playmaker that can make things happen on his own. 

Maybe he's an upgrade.  Or maybe he's an oft-injured smurf who will struggle to stay healthy, and Allen will struggle to make on-time throws to him that allow his calling card of better YAC.  In his best year 2021, he had more catches and more yards in fewer snaps than McKenzie had last season.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm reasonably happy with the additions the Bills have made and with their decisions to move on from some good players who made solid contributions like Singletary.

I hope they will contribute, and well.  But I find it hard to put stock in them as "sure bets" at this point.

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The offense has gotten better overall. They needed to. They needed people that can keep Josh upright and people that can take the ball to the house on their own. Hines has some of that as well and was used sparingly. They still need another WR near the top of the depth chart that can win at all 3 levels.

I hope you're correct, but that's hanging a lot on a Cowboys backup guard and a WR who had 2 targets and 2 receptions in 4 games last season before going on IR.

Edited by Beck Water

Just now, ScottLaw said:

And then get pummeled in the playoffs…. 

Scott...why do you have to be such a buzzkill and let the cat out of the bag?  We're celebrating RB signings to set up more defense in RD1 for goodness sakes!  

Come on dude.  :lol: 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I'm not concerned about his salary.  If Beane needs more cap space, he'll create it.  We're only gonna run the ball 20-25 times a game anyway.  This adds to the threat.  I'd like them to draft the tight end from Georgia.  I don't know how teams will know who to cover.

By the way, I read that Harris caught something like 40 of 50 targets 2 years ago, so I think that shows he can catch the ball out of the backfield.

I don't think we'll take a linebacker or safety in the first round....unless somebody unexpected drops to us.  I do see Beane moving down a few spots to where the value matches the need.  

22 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Elliot and a comp pick > Harris 

If this is the RB room, they are fine. That’s EXACTLY what I said. If they took McBride or Bigsby in the middle of the draft, they would have been fine. I don’t see this is anything more than raising the floor (which is okay).

I agree, raises the floor and compliments the existing backs....

No problems with the signing.

I also like the Sherfield signing today.

Excellent options in week two of FA

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Maybe he's an upgrade.  Or maybe he's an oft-injured smurf who will struggle to stay healthy, and Allen will struggle to make on-time throws to him that allow his calling card of better YAC.  In his best year 2021, he had more catches and more yards in fewer snaps than McKenzie had last season.

I hope you're correct, but that's hanging a lot on a Cowboys backup guard and a WR who had 2 targets and 2 receptions in 4 games last season before going on IR.

They aren’t where they need to be, but they are incrementally better.

Harty is a threat but he is 5’6” (or whatever) coming off a turf toe injury. He’s certainly a ? but was dynamic or a per target basis in NOLA. They LOVED him. He adds that “big play ability.” These other additions are minor upgrades IMO. The offense regressed last year. I’m hoping Dorsey improves this year as well. This offense is still dependent on Josh to carry them. 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.