Bills sign Damien Harris

aristocrat

1 minute ago, Doc said:

MLB.  Specifically Campbell.  I don't see value at WR or OL at that spot.  Then RT in the 2nd.  That's my guess.

God I hope not. Campbell is very good but would be a round 1 reach...

Bergeron on round two would be a steal.

• Agree 1

Harris will essentially do Motor stuff.  I'm not sure I'd go so far as to call him a power back or others saying he's faster than Motor.  He has 10 pounds on Motor so he should carry guys a little better but they both run bigger than their size.  Neither is a power back.  Harris ran a 4.57 at the combine.  Yes it's faster than Motor but not much.  Seems like they're very similar and that's not actually a bad thing, Motor did a lot of good things here and I feel like Harris could as well.  Just hope the money is right.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

If it is more than what Singletary signed for, then it is a bad tradeoff. 

It will be and it should be. Harris is a different RB than Singletary and better at what he does than Singletary is at what he does.

With Cook and Hines, we needed a bruiser. And one that has proved he can do it. This is an upgrade, not a bad tradeoff.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Good day by Beane getting those role players.

It continues a trend of the scouting staff and Beane finding good role players for low salaries. It's definitely been a strength of this regime. I wish they did a better job finding the elite talent that puts you over the hump for a championship. But no one can question their ability to find solid role players and fill holes before the draft.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

Just now, SCBills said:

Im still going to hope we make a final legit addition to the WR room and some OL help, BUT….

McGovern >>> Saffold

Harty >>> McKenzie

Sherfield >>> Kumerow

Harris >>> Singletary

Retained Poyer

So far we’ve lost Edmunds but have gotten better at LG, WR, WR and RB. 

Beane is doing a good job and these signings all make sense … no random players who we have to wonder how they fit or what they do well … Speed & Power.   So far, so good…

Good way to look at it.

McGovern is a > vs any OG

Sherfield > McKenzie/Crowder/Kumerow

Harty = McKenzie

Harris > Singletary

doesn't mean not drafting those spots again

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The Sherfield, Harris, McGovern and Harty (even Boettger) signings are on-brand for the Bills. 

Modest, veteran players, and this time the Bills prioritized guys who were younger, not guys at the end Saffold, Sanders, Frank Gore, Star L, Addison. 

And Beane tends to sign someone to help the room on both sides of the ball, instead of loading up on one side. 

Yeah...Beane's free agency prowess this off-season really gives him a leg up in the Executive of the Year award for 2023.  On offense alone the haul of two WR3/4 types, a guard, and now a RB speak to that in volumes.  Especially considering they pushed more cap down the road to get themselves into a position to sign these guys.  He'll solidify the award when they go safety or LB in Round 1.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This guy is a monster and IMO one of the best RBs in the league. He runs so hard I love this.

Thank you! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills listening to people say he's "jag", saying it's a bad move if he came for more than 2 million, or paying him more than Singletary is a "bad tradeoff".

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

It continues a trend of the scouting staff and Beane finding good role players for low salaries. It's definitely been a strength of this regime. I wish they did a better job finding the elite talent that puts you over the hump for a championship. But no one can question their ability to find solid role players and fill holes before the draft.

100% the draft is another story... outside if JA = weak.

Heck McDermott landed Dawkins/ White and Milano in one draft.

2-3 drafts like that = Super Bowl

May want to let coach in the room on draft day.....

but what do we know.....

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I wouldn't be quick to say he got Harris on a "low salary" until the numbers come in. He was up there with Miles Sanders and David Montgomery as the RB's with the highest market value going into FA. I'd be surprised if he comes in under 5.5 annually.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

1 minute ago, DCbillsfan said:

He missed the Bills 2nd game.  I think it was a hamstring injury.

3 games last year with "thigh injury" couple with a hamstring and a concussion but I didn't check which season that was.  He's missed 6 plus games in all but one season near as I can tell.  Unless he was a healthy scratch for some games.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

God I hope not. Campbell is very good but would be a round 1 reach...

Bergeron on round two would be a steal.

Beane would have to work some trades to get one of Campbell, Simpson or Sanders early second and Bergeron, but I'd be happy if he did. Then grab a TE like Tucker Kraft for 12 personnel and sign OBJ and it's a good day.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.