ONE Trade Mock drafts

Yantha

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Bergeron rd 3 🤣 

if we could only be so lucky

I’d take Bijan too, but i think Broderick harrison and Wright (if they’re available) would all be better picks.  

I can’t stop thinking that starting Spencer Brown @ RT for another season will essentially end our season short of a Lombardi.  

Beane was talking up Brown in his pressers, so I am not sold they feel like they need to replace him early in the draft.  Im not saying that is my choice, but I think there is more optimism of a bounce back season after dealing with injuries amongst the staff.  So if I had to guess, I am not expecting them drafting a guy early at RT to potentially start, I think if they take a RT it will be later in the draft as a depth developmental guy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Beane was talking up Brown in his pressers, so I am not sold they feel like they need to replace him early in the draft.  Im not saying that is my choice, but I think there is more optimism of a bounce back season after dealing with injuries amongst the staff.  So if I had to guess, I am not expecting them drafting a guy early at RT to potentially start, I think if they take a RT it will be later in the draft as a depth developmental guy.

I really want Darnell Wright T Tennessee with pick 27, but unfortunately it sounds like Beane is going to give Brown one more chance at RT. I don’t agree with that...let’s hope it’s just a Draft smokescreen to keep other teams guessing.

15 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah…..Beane talking him up is the only reason I think they may not take a tackle early.  I think it’s stupid and it’s putting our entire season at risk.  They guy wasn’t just bad in pass pro.  He was terrible and has always been terrible (in pass pro).  

My problem with the bolded:  to have a bounce “back” season, you must first have a season to bounce back to.  He doesn’t have one. He’s always been bad.  He’d bounce back to being bad.  

He needs to improve a great deal. If he doesn’t, the season could be in the toilet.  
I just don’t understand why we would risk it.  Especially in a draft that is lacking in 1st rd talent at most positions….but has a few very solid RT prospects that could be sitting there waiting for us.  

I hate dwelling on offseason GM blunders, but I would likely join the sadness blame the GM brigade if we don’t make an attempt at upgrading RT.  It was proven to be a huge liability.  

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah…..Beane talking him up is the only reason I think they may not take a tackle early.  I think it’s stupid and it’s putting our entire season at risk.  They guy wasn’t just bad in pass pro.  He was terrible and has always been terrible (in pass pro).  

My problem with the bolded:  to have a bounce “back” season, you must first have a season to bounce back to.  He doesn’t have one. He’s always been bad.  He’d bounce back to being bad.  

He needs to improve a great deal. If he doesn’t, the season could be in the toilet.  
I just don’t understand why we would risk it.  Especially in a draft that is lacking in 1st rd talent at most positions….but has a few very solid RT prospects that could be sitting there waiting for us.  

I hate dwelling on offseason GM blunders, but I would likely join the sadness blame the GM brigade if we don’t make an attempt at upgrading RT.  It was proven to be a huge liability.  

I don't disagree here, him at RT makes me nervous given just how bad he was in pass protection last year.  I think I saw his rookie year as more encouraging than you did, so if Brown was truly struggling as a result of the injury stuff, then I think he has a little more potential than you do. 

But...we are in the midst of a SB window, and it won't last much longer.  In 2 years this team is going to look significantly different.  Hyde and Poyer will be gone, Von and Oliver will probably be gone too, and if Tre doesn't rebound this year he will likely be gone too.  Diggs will be 32 by then, and several guys on our OL will likely be gone.  And that is before you look at all the other turnover with short term contract guys.  

This is the same reason why I hate Dorsey is back.  Dorsey may one day be a good OC, but he was not last year and is learning on the job.  I hate we are gambling our SB window and Josh to Diggs prime years on an OC who has to learn on the job.  

So I too would rather bring someone in to at the very least push Brown, if not outright start over him as an upgrade.  Makes me nervous gambling on him turning into a much better player than he was last year.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don't disagree here, him at RT makes me nervous given just how bad he was in pass protection last year.  I think I saw his rookie year as more encouraging than you did, so if Brown was truly struggling as a result of the injury stuff, then I think he has a little more potential than you do. 

But...we are in the midst of a SB window, and it won't last much longer.  In 2 years this team is going to look significantly different.  Hyde and Poyer will be gone, Von and Oliver will probably be gone too, and if Tre doesn't rebound this year he will likely be gone too.  Diggs will be 32 by then, and several guys on our OL will likely be gone.  And that is before you look at all the other turnover with short term contract guys.  

This is the same reason why I hate Dorsey is back.  Dorsey may one day be a good OC, but he was not last year and is learning on the job.  I hate we are gambling our SB window and Josh to Diggs prime years on an OC who has to learn on the job.  

So I too would rather bring someone in to at the very least push Brown, if not outright start over him as an upgrade.  Makes me nervous gambling on him turning into a much better player than he was last year.  

👍🏻 

agreed on Dorsey too.  Huge roll of the dice

• Like (+1) 1

Drew Sanders

LB Arkansas

Cody Mauch

OT North Dakota State

A.T. Perry

WR Wake Forest

Jaquelin Roy

DT LSU

Bryce Ford-Wheaton

WR West Virginia

Luke Schoonmaker

TE Michigan

Anthony Johnson Jr.

S Iowa State

2024 CLE 2nd

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, bearcat said:

Drew Sanders

LB Arkansas

Cody Mauch

OT North Dakota State

A.T. Perry

WR Wake Forest

Jaquelin Roy

DT LSU

Bryce Ford-Wheaton

WR West Virginia

Luke Schoonmaker

TE Michigan

Anthony Johnson Jr.

S Iowa State

2024 CLE 2nd

Please explain

Traded down one spot with the Bengals.  Got pick 131 from them.

28. Darnell Wright, OT, Tenn.  I liked the Spencer Brown pick.  I like Spencer Brown.  I thought he had the opportunity to be a PB RT for years. After his rookie year, the best word to describe it was...promising.  But with the back injury and his play last year...idk.  You can't take the risk of giving up another 42 pressures in 14 games like Brown did.  between him and Quessenberry, they probably gave up over 50. 

You can't have that.  You just can't.

59.  Jack Campbell, MLB Iowa.  Not a tough choice.  The clincher was Luke Kuechly getting in McD's ear.  

91.  Steve Avila OG TCU Got a little out of breath running to the podium when I saw he was there.  With him and Wright the OL...the major weakness of the team, just got better.  Lots better. No more mediocre cast offs to "plug holes." 

130. Jonathan Mingo WR Ole Miss A favorite of Greg Cosell. Everyone is looking for the 5'8" WR, I just went the opposite.  6'2" 220 lbs and ran a 4.46 40 at the Combine with a 40" vertical.  He's strong, he's got good hands and can run routes better than many coming out of college.  Strong enough to break some tackles, fast enough to gain some YAC.  And he's a big target who can make the contested catch.

131. Karl Brooks DT Bowling Green.  His college production was off the charts.  And more than enough to get him an invite to the Senior Bowl.  During practices, he was creating penetration more than nearly all of the interior DL.  The next Javon Hargrave...(nah, Im not big on pro comps.).

137.  Yaya Diaby.  DE Louisville At the Senior Bowl practices, there was a great deal of disappointment amongst the edge rushers.  Foskey, Carter from Army, Gay from LSU, Young from Tenn, Hall from Auburn, they weren't winning many battles.  The only ones I saw who were beating anyone were McDonald from Iowa St. and to a lesser extent...Diaby.  Juco transfer needs work.  But he's 263, built like brick house and joy of joys, ran a 4.5  at the Combine.  He's got Von to teach him the finer points of pass rushing.  But speed is definitely lacking in the edge rush dept. on this team.

205. Jartavius Martin, safety, Illinois.  Maybe a lil short at 5'11". but its the 6th round.  He can easily plug in at nickel or even boundary CB in a pinch. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

On 3/20/2023 at 5:24 PM, Bigvinny said:

Traded down to 37. Picked up a few extra picks.

Buffalo Bills

O'Cyrus Torrence

IOL | Florida

A+

Drew Sanders

LB | Arkansas

A

John Michael Schmitz

IOL | Minnesota

B+

Matthew Bergeron

OT | Syracuse

A+

Jayden Reed

WR | Michigan State

A+

Karl Brooks

DL | Bowling Green

A+

Cameron Latu

TE | Alabama

A+

Jalen Redmond

DL | Oklahoma

B+

This would be a dream draft. Trading down for 2 second round picks would be ideal.

13 hours ago, NewEra said:

Bergeron rd 3 🤣 

if we could only be so lucky

I’d take Bijan too, but i think Broderick harrison and Wright (if they’re available) would all be better picks.  

I can’t stop thinking that starting Spencer Brown @ RT for another season will essentially end our season short of a Lombardi.  

There's no way Kromer and this Bills organization can be dumb enough to think Spencer is a starting RT.

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

There's no way Kromer and this Bills organization can be dumb enough to think Spencer is a starting RT.

Seems like they do.  

not like it means anything, but Joe Marino said that he thinks this is what we’ll go into the regular season with - plus one developmental draft pick.  

more and more I want us to select Anton Harrison.  He’s really good in pass protection.  

Edited by NewEra

On 3/22/2023 at 11:44 AM, Special K said:

I really want Darnell Wright T Tennessee with pick 27, but unfortunately it sounds like Beane is going to give Brown one more chance at RT. I don’t agree with that...let’s hope it’s just a Draft smokescreen to keep other teams guessing.

1. Darnell Wright

2. no. 48 from Lions  Campbell/ Sanders/ Simpson/ Foskey   for 2023 6th, 2024 2nd and 5th ( puts us ahead of the Steelers)Lions have 2 2nds

2. no. 59  Sam Laporta / Darnell Washington TE

3. BPA C

4. BPA DT

5. BPA S

This after we land Hopkins.

Edited by nosejob

To me, there is nobody in this mock that gets us over the hump and makes us a legit SB contender. It’s obvious the Bills are addressing the interior of the offensive line via free agency and aren’t going to use high draft picks for a OG or OC. 

This offense needs another weapon, someone to take the pressure off Diggs, and to make this offense unstoppable.  Make a trade, move up, do SOMETHING outside or continuing to build through the draft. I’d trade a 2nd or 3rd for a proven, day 1 impact player over anyone in this mock. 

Has anyone noticed that all the sudden there is a daily limit now on how many mock drafts you can do on PFF? Only way around it is to subscribe? First time I’m seeing it tonight. I’ve been doing an absurd amount of drafts and this has never happened until now  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.