Motor to Texans

FireChans

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

That's it Bills fans.  It is going to mean if Beane signs a big dollar UFA before the draft it costs a 3rd round pick next year.

I doubt strongly he gives that up.  He's only going to sign vet minimum type guys to bring to camp to compete.

We can take a break from FA and look to the draft.

After the draft I see the RB signed.

Good analysis. 3rd rounders are important. Draft it is!

6 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

That was baked into the contract we traded for and part of the reason the Colts traded him away.

He was scheduled to make $4.5M this season.

It’s also why Beane pointed out unprompted how he thought he had given this Coaching Staff a weapon, only to turn around and see he got the ball 11 times total on offense after the trade. 

Should have released him. Sign him back later if they still wanted him. Based on this RB market I doubt his phone would have been blowing up. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

3rd round comp pick here we come! I'm assuming Sherfield came in under $1.75 million.

7 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

That's it Bills fans.  It is going to mean if Beane signs a big dollar UFA before the draft it costs a 3rd round pick next year.

I doubt strongly he gives that up.  He's only going to sign vet minimum type guys to bring to camp to compete.

We can take a break from FA and look to the draft.

After the draft I see the RB signed.

Assuming that "up to" means he is in fact over the threshold :)

I hope it does and also hope we don't sign anyone, unless it is really worth it. 3rd round comp pick is too much of a value to be lost for random UFA.

Also sad to see Motor go. 

I would have expect two years at 3.5 million each but this market is tough for RB. I realized his biggest issue, at least to me, is that he can't win you a game. For him to be a big factor others must lead the way, where Barkley, Henry, and McCaffrey can be the leaders, though that might be the entire list.

Just now, Orlando Tim said:

I would have expect two years at 3.5 million each but this market is tough for RB. I realized his biggest issue, at least to me, is that he can't win you a game. For him to be a big factor others must lead the way, where Barkley, Henry, and McCaffrey can be the leaders, though that might be the entire list.

Josh Jacobs and a healthy Jonathan Taylor.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Under utilized his entire tenure in Buffalo. Still remember the playoff game vs. Houston a few years back where he was balling in the 1st half and in the 2nd half they completely went away from him and of course we lost. 

There was alot of dumb things we did in Houston. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Assuming that "up to" means he is in fact over the threshold :)

I hope it does and also hope we don't sign anyone, unless it is really worth it. 3rd round comp pick is too much of a value to be lost for random UFA.

Also sad to see Motor go. 

One good thing is any LTBE money is used in the calculations but yes, we will have to wait for the exact details.

So if we're on track for a third-round comp pick, does that mean Beane's good again?

Devin ran hard and played well enough but to let him go for this money (I'm sure he'd take less from the Bills) really speaks volumes about how they didn't want him back. 

Edited by Nephilim17

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.