Motor to Texans

FireChans

4 hours ago, FireChans said:

I know I always said he was super overrated but a 1 year deal for "up to" 3.75 means his market was harrible.

This is officially the eight billionth case of a person finding that ambiguous evidence supports his already-existing bias. And that's just on this board.

Confirmation bias wins again.

$3.5M is 21st in the league. It will depend how much of it is incentives and how easy or difficult they are to achieve. 

But it's much easier to say, "See, I was right," whether or not there's much evidence you are.

Edited by Thurman#1

3 hours ago, Rigotz said:

It’s crazy that people still don’t understand why we didn’t, even after Beane said they’re looking for a different body type.

We did not need Motor on offense. The skill set we needed was short distance running, pass blocking, and/or Special Teams. Motor is none of those things. Why would we make an offer?

"We did not need Motor on offense," you say? Nah. Again, you can't say that from the evidence, and in fact it doesn't really make sense.

We didn't need him enough to pay the market value for him. Or we needed other skills more than we needed his. That's what this shows.

Oh, and Singletary is a very good pass blocker. It's one of the main reasons they've like him so much for these four years. 

Best of luck to him in all of his future endeavors. He gave it his all.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Interesting to see how hype Texans fans are about signing him.  

I didn’t want him back … at all, but he is an interesting back.   Does almost everything average to above average, elite short area shiftiness, but lacks anything really threatening to the defense. 

7 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

That's it Bills fans.  It is going to mean if Beane signs a big dollar UFA before the draft it costs a 3rd round pick next year.

I doubt strongly he gives that up.  He's only going to sign vet minimum type guys to bring to camp to compete.

We can take a break from FA and look to the draft.

After the draft I see the RB signed.

Lol, about that...

I don't understand why some people are so obsessed with the idea of comp picks, or the notion of believing Beane actively wants them.  Must be closet Patriot fans.

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

This is officially the eight billionth case of a person finding that ambiguous evidence supports his already-existing bias. And that's just on this board.

Confirmation bias wins again.

$3.5M is 21st in the league. It will depend how much of it is incentives and how easy or difficult they are to achieve. 

But it's much easier to say, "See, I was right," whether or not there's much evidence you are.

So wait, your contention is that this is a lucrative contract?

2 hours ago, BBFL said:

Share the exact same sentiments. 

Believe he has a career year in Houston… 1300 APY; 1060 rushing/240 receiving. 10 TDs. 

They have a cheaper starter already who had more APY last year than Devin has ever had in any year in his career.

• Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, FireChans said:

So wait, your contention is that this is a lucrative contract?

They have a cheaper starter already who had more APY last year than Devin has ever had in any year in his career.

You’re right. My bad. Totally forgot about Pierce. Might have been because he was injured to close out the season… who knows how. Thanks for pointing that out. I retract the estimation for Devin 😂

I've always really liked Singletary, but at the same time I never expected the Bills to re-sign him.  If we could reliably pluck a Singletary-like player from the 3rd round every 3-4 years, I'd rather go that route.  Of course, we've seen that that's easier said than done, but still.

I hope he does well in Houston.  I'll be pulling for him.

7 hours ago, Airseven said:

I bet Beane wanted Singletary and pivoted to Harris once Singletary chose the Texans. Beane worries me.

If Beane wanted Singletary back, I’d be worried.  

However it happened, (and I suspect we didn’t make a huge effort to get DS back) we ended up with a RB that makes way more sense for us. 

Cook / Harris / Hines is a pretty dynamic RB room.   Harris gives us power and pass blocking. Cook & Hines give us speed and pass catching.  

Singletary is a do it all RB that does nothing at a high level.  He was redundant and would have held back our Offense. 

14 hours ago, ngbills said:

The guy our coaches chose to get PT over the two guys still on our roster leaves. The response is "look I knew he sucks, nobody wants to pay him". What does this say about the guys we have on our roster to replace him and our coaches? I didn't really care if motor resigned. But its always funny how subtraction is celebrated as we get better. 

Reminds me of Coach McD where he dumped a number of coaches and players to get fresh faces.   Some of fresh faces lasted one year.

Should not be needing to do this on Superbowl capable team.

19 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If Beane wanted Singletary back, I’d be worried.  

However it happened, (and I suspect we didn’t make a huge effort to get DS back) we ended up with a RB that makes way more sense for us. 

Cook / Harris / Hines is a pretty dynamic RB room.   Harris gives us power and pass blocking. Cook & Hines give us speed and pass catching.  

Singletary is a do it all RB that does nothing at a high level.  He was redundant and would have held back our Offense. 

Hines isn't even that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.