Motor to Texans

FireChans

16 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

James Cook is a 2nd round draft pick and the starter for the Buffalo Bills.

He will take 65% of the snaps just like Devin did last year.

Just like people said McKenzie would fill in so admirably for Beasley this season in the slot...

With no proven experience as an every game starter, people pointed to the few big games he has had a sign of his ability as a starter.

Cook was not ever a starter in college, not even close, and so we have no idea how he might perform as an every down back.

The Bills are now doing things they did when they sucked--making moves that are not sound, rational.

You don't eliminate a high quality starter when you have no one you know can replace him--especially when talking about less than a 4 million salary

One of the worst moves by Beane since he arrived, taking a sledge hammer to an area that was in great need of improvements.

• Like (+1) 1

Sad day in Bills history.  Motor balled his ass off while here and gave 100% on every single play.  I don't get the haterz saying good riddance.  I hope he has a great career away from here.

Farewell, Devin Singletary, and we thank you.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Lousy deal for him

This is the RB market. Only one getting any type of money is Barkley and only because he got tagged.

edit: And to anyone bagging on the Bills about this move, there is a reason he only got this deal and the market is so low for RBs.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

10 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Cut your mother some slack.  Its the only one you've got.

Wow! Who says being too quick is a bad thing? You’re aces quick.

I rescinded my heresy like quip immediately and yet you were there to catch it.

Edited by I am the egg man

Yeah, I was hoping that they would bring Motor back. Don't want to spend any draft capital on a RB and don't see anyone better than Devin left in FA. But, it is what it is. He probably wasn't going to make or break this season for the Bills either way. Just liked him as insurance in case Cook doesn't take that next step.

And I too thought he was better than a lot of fans gave him credit for (needed more opportunities and a better line) and I wish him nothing but the best in his career and life. He was a likable, solid player, who always put in his best and didn't mind doing the dirty work or not getting the praise. True team-first, Bills DNA.

Thanks Devin! I'll still be rooting for you!

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

We do have an every down runner, Josh Allen. 

The problem is this is what the leaders at one Bills Drive really seem to believe--still.  (But I assume you are saying it as a joke-?)

What a shame that the Bills' leaders, once so promising, have seemed to lose their way..

7 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

85 of James Cook's 91 rushes were on 1st and 2nd down.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CookJa01/splits/2022/

This is less about the RB and more on the OC, but it seemed (at least to me?) our personnel groupings were tipping what we were going to do too often. Dorsey may be great in the long run, but like any rookie I hope he makes a big leap in year 2. 

Now, back to your regularly scheduled RB debate. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I never understood the hate for motor. Not everyone is going to be elite, but I thought he was a solid football player and likeable guy. Can't expect him to block DL's or LB's but I thought he did well in protection and was pretty elusive. His career stats say he can play ball. Get that money motor!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.