WR Trent Sherfield signed

Chandler#81

4 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Amazing that they are only starting to understand this after KC and CIN showed offensive speed is not optional the past 3 seasons. 

Which also make their reported interest in a big back make less sense, but that's another McBeanie non-sequitur.  

We don't need a burner to pick up 3 yards

Good depth signing and versatility/another weapon. 

Not a primary role, but I like building "pieces"/complementary players.  Gives us 2 speed/YAC guys.

Hopefully, Beane is targeting an early draft pick as well.  That would round the WR room out nicely.  Should always be adding a WR in the 1st few rounds, every year or so

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

And a nice depth WR4-6 that will get some snaps. 

I don’t think he’ll return kicks.

He was WR3 in Miami last year.  Playing over a 7M WR 

Doesn't matter because he signed with the Bills and to most negative posters on here that means he sucks. Funny how most dolphins fans wanted him back but the supposed "Bills fans" on here hate the signing. Guy provides speed and depth, to me its a decent pick up. 

• Agree 1

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

They'll have one more at least. They always carry 6 and they've carried 7 at times.

Right. Agreed. I'm just saying that I hope that sixth guy is more of a "high draft pick pushing Davis at WR2" guy than a fringe special teams and UDFA type.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

What adds to the confusion is Miami only has 4 WRs who realistically are locks.

The cost for a WR#5 for Sherfield is puzzling.

The fish did have a 4th rounder last year, Erik Ezukanma, who had a total of 3 yards receiving and inactive for 16 games.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

I think they’ve proven they don’t like spending high picks on wide outs… perhaps because they got burned by Zay Jones, it’s too bad because two elite WRs would make this offense incredible and really maximize the potential of the team overall. 

I'll wait for the draft to see if one is taken NLT Day 2.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

Doesn't matter because he signed with the Bills and to most negative posters on here that means he sucks. Funny how most dolphins fans wanted him back but the supposed "Bills fans" on here hate the signing. Guy provides speed and depth, to me its a decent pick up. 

I love the Harty and Sherfield signings. Those guys might not be thought of as anything special now, but QB’s like Allen can turn speed guys into top notch receivers. My concern is our coaching staffs ability to utilize them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

When I watched the Dolphins he made plays.  He is an upgrade to the bottom of the wr room.  Good blocker, good special teamer,  and more importantly can contribute on offense.  Using Sherfield as a big slot Buffalo can use some of the exotic Shannahan run game.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BigAl2526 said:

Exactly the kind of signing that could be expected this off season with a tight cap situation.  He's got enough speed, though he's certainly not Tyreek Hill fast.  He has good hands, gets separation, can play in the slot or outside, is an outstanding blocker for a WR and can play special teams.  Not, he doesn't have a name in the league and no, his total production is very limited, but if he had a big name and lots of production on his resume, the Bills would not be able to afford him.  

Much of this decision depends on which role they want him to play.  If he's their idea of competition at WR2, well, not ideal.  If he's a WR4/5 type who'll play special teams, great.  

Most people expected a higher-level WR signing before the draft, i.e. not an unproven rookie, who would give Buffalo a complement to Diggs who they acquired 3 years ago.   

It's not unreasonable to be disappointed with acquisitions who clearly aren't putting them alongside Cincinnati, Kansas City, or their primary AFC competition.  

Edited by BillsVet
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Anybody else smelling LB round one

I don't think Beane even knows who will be there at #27 worth the position of the pick.

That's my real worry.

He will no doubt try to trade back but if he can't it could be a tough situation.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.