WR Trent Sherfield signed

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

This is actually a very good signing, as long as...wait for it...HE GETS OPPORTUNITIES!   

I know this staff is tempted to just have him on the ST unit.  

I like this signing a lot.

The good thing about him is he’s a special teams guy that can actually contribute on offense. 

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Just messaged my buddy who’s a diehard Dolphins fan about him and his response was:

-Bills fans will fall in love with him.

-Great special teams guy who has good hands as a WR

-He will help win us a game 

sounds positive  lol

I've seen positive accolades from San Fran fans who were sorry to see him go too...

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Diggs
Davis
Shakir
Harty
Sherfield

Assuming all those guys make the roster, they're realistically likely to only have one more WR on the final 53 at most.

I'd like to think/hope that said player will come via a high draft pick, but I am dubious. 

I'd also like to think/hope that Sherfield was signed mostly as a special teams asset and that they won't be depending heavily on him on offense, but again, I am dubious.

More improvement is needed at WR. I really hope they don't feel like they're done there after these two FA signings.

im pleased with the two WR signings. Both are probably significant upgrades and I give Beane credit for these moves. But this receiving corps absolutely still needs a WR 2 and I think that means finding one in the draft. I too fear that they may be going in a different direction. Hope not. Given his size and speed I wonder if this guy can play on the outside. Seems to be a big slot with YAC ability.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Why can’t we get an over the radar signing??

The cap looms over this FA period in a pretty big way.

I love the moves they're making, given the cash limitations.  We could have chosen to add one "big splash" guy instead of 3-4 more mid-moves. But I don't generally like the all eggs in one basket approach.

• Like (+1) 1

Ok, I’m fallin’ in love with this guy. Just watched his presser. Articulate straight shooter. Best described as HUNGRY & HUMBLE. Big, tough, fast, very good at STs and a great blocker. If you get a chance, check it out on the Bills website. I think we got a keeper!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

That depends, if it's lingerie your giving her for XMAS 🤩... Then NO this is nothing like that.

But if it's what your getting... yeah, this is pretty much that.

If it's lingerie it's like a large trash bag with 2 holes cut in the chest and one in the crotch

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I've seen positive accolades from San Fran fans who were sorry to see him go too...

Yeah, he was pretty good in SF.  When Aiyuk was going through his battle with Shanahan early 2021, sherfield got his snaps and was producing.  I watch every niner game and was impressed with his play.  For under 1.5M, he’s a very solid addition. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The good thing about him is he’s a special teams guy that can actually contribute on offense. 

I liked Kumerow a bit.  He was doing alright, started with Gabe out during that titans game.  Big body for blocking, and honestly not a bad player with the ball in his hands.  Then the ankle, then i think he really screwed it up the 2nd time.  He might have had back surgery or something too - so he's probably a PS candidate at this point because you can't trust his availability.  

1 hour ago, Airseven said:

Who has time/motivation to selectively pluck these videos and then post overly-generalized commentary pretending said selectively plucked video is wholly representative of the player? I ask because it's silly and misleading. 

benoit-blanc.jpg

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.