WR Trent Sherfield signed

Chandler#81

Just now, GolfandBills said:

Yes which they never really had a chance to get.  Too many roster spots to fill to worry about 1 pick

It may not count depending on the value of the contract if it’s below $2m …

Id be pissed if this guy is the reason they lose a 3 round pick

26 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I’m with you.  Obviously the amount we’re paying him matters.  But he can play a bit.  So I like this a lot - 

He signed a one-year in SF 2021 for $920k and a one-year in MIA 2022 for $1.18M per Spotrac.

I would expect something along the Miami $s.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

That is interesting and encouraging.  Bills expect their WR to block on run plays.  He is certainly big enough to do it.

Yeah, he’s a very good blocker.  Especially out if the slot.  He could actually be our starting slot WR.  All the kid does is work hard and do exactly what is asked of him.  His team mates and fans of his ex teams loved the guy.  

I’m eager to see him catch curl routes and smash through potential tacklers. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, he’s a very good blocker.  Especially out if the slot.  He could actually be our starting slot WR.  All the kid does is work hard and do exactly what is asked of him.  His team mates and fans of his ex teams loved the guy.  

He could catch one like this from Josh next year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

Yes which they never really had a chance to get.  Too many roster spots to fill to worry about 1 pick

He most likely is signing for vet minimum or a bit over.  He won't count against the comp formula.

I think these are the type of UFA signings we see until after the draft.  Beane kind of hinted at that in his presser.

He said guys get cut after the draft and he will be looking for some to add.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Absolutely no reason to hate on this kid.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

This is like underwear for Christmas 

much better than a lump of coal IMO.... 

I don't know about the rest of you, but that day you open up a pack of new underwear and put a pair on for the 1st time is kind of magical. I have even coined it as "New Underwear Day" as I skip through my day with a smile and nobody really knows the reason why

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

This is actually a very good signing, as long as...wait for it...HE GETS OPPORTUNITIES!   

I know this staff is tempted to just have him on the ST unit.  

I like this signing a lot.

God I really hope you are right, our coaches seam to have an affinity for not using the talent they thought was good enough to sign, unless seemingly, they are in effect forced to so,  normally I would not give it much thought, but looking at Hines, Shakir, Cook, Elam ( a 1st rounder, as we all know ) etc, etc, makes me wonder why they sign some of these guys in the first place, 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.