WR Trent Sherfield signed

Chandler#81

5 minutes ago, McBean said:

Beyond disrespectful to #17 at this point.

If we are going to continue to ignore helping the kid by brining in no names and not investing seriously into offense, trade him to Houston and pickup their 2 firsts.

FO should be ashamed 

Wait the off-season is over already and the season starts this week? Damn I need to get a tailgate menu planned.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Need lots of bodies for camp. Love the potential. What's not to like about this signing?

They’re filling out depth of the WR room suggesting Davis is still WR2 and the position won’t be a priority in the draft.

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Keep. Adding. Speed.

Amazing that they are only starting to understand this after KC and CIN showed offensive speed is not optional the past 3 seasons. 

Which also make their reported interest in a big back make less sense, but that's another McBeanie non-sequitur.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Optimist's take:

Was productive last year. Has good speed. Potential dependable slot option. Will help on special teams. Need 90 players for camp, not every player is going to be a star. We needed more receivers, we got one. Affordable contract. Still has upside. Beane isn't done making moves.

Pessimist's take:

The Bills needed to add legitimate weaponry at WR, someone who can actually draw attention away from Diggs and be a legit WR2, and Trent Sherfield and Deonte Harty do not seem to be those guys. Both seem like JAGs. This will only take snaps away from Khalil Shakir and stunt his growth. This doesn't move the needle on offense. This will probably prevent the Bills from investing in WR in a meaningful way through the draft.

Truth:

Probably somewhere in the middle. For what it's worth, I usually find myself more aligned with the optimists. Given my fervent hope that the Bills would take upgrading the offensive weaponry seriously this offseason, I find myself more aligned with the pessimists on this one. I hope it doesn't take valuable snaps away from Shakir. I hope it doesn't prevent Beane from spending a high draft pick on a wide receiver. I fear that it will do both. I am not thrilled.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.