Building an Entire Draft Board:Offensive Tackle Rankings

Chaos

Which of the following players would make you happy with the Bill's draft pick #27?   

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following players would make you happy with the Bill's draft pick #27?

• Peter Skoronski
    • Broderick Jones
    • Paris Johnson Jr.
    • Matthew Bergeron
    • Darnell Wright
    • Cody Mauch
    • Dawand Jones
    • Anton Harrison
    • Carter Warren
    • Asim Richards
    • Blake Freeland
    • Braeden Daniels
    • Tyler Steen
  2. 2. Which of the following players would make you happy with the Bill's draft pick #59?

3. 3. Which of the following players would make you happy with the Bill's draft pick #91?

Based on NFL.com grades, NFL.com estimates 22  OTwill be selected in the draft. 12 of these players have grades suggesting they could be selected in the first four rounds. 

Based on PFF grades, PFF estimates 20 OT's will be selected in the draft. 10 of these players have rankings suggesting they could be selected in the first four rounds. 

There is not an 100% overlap of the players they estimate in the first four rounds.  13  Different Players exist in one or both lists. This a list of those 1 players.  The are ranked by NFL.com grade, and the ranking within PFF for WR's is shown in the right hand column.  If any of the top 3, Paris Johnson, Pete Skoronski, or Broderick Jones are available at the 27th, I presume Beane will be running over and through people to get to the podium.  Depending on price, It might even be worth trading up for one of those three. 

image.thumb.png.e83da99f74f85b19b479af07c44a4ebc.png

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I’m having a hard time understanding how this works.

For example if you would be happy to Draft Dawand Jones in the second or third, you would select him for rounds 2 and 3, but not for round 1.  If you like Paris Johnson in any round, you would select him for rounds 1,2 & 3.  If you like Blake Freeland for round 3, but would not use a second round or first round pick on him, you would select him only in round 3. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Chaos said:

For example if you would be happy to Draft Dawand Jones in the second or third, you would select him for rounds 2 and 3, but not for round 1.  If you like Paris Johnson in any round, you would select him for rounds 1,2 & 3.  If you like Blake Freeland for round 3, but would not use a second round or first round pick on him, you would select him only in round 3. 

Got it. There’s about a bazillion tackles that I would take in RD1, in RD2 I’m hoping for the likes of Dawand Jones or Cody Mauch. 

If they want an OT, think they’ll have to get him in round 1.  I don’t think much will be left by pick 59.  

I think a guy like Mauch could be considered and give him a shot to play OT, but he probably ends up at G.  Mauch also might need time to adjust from Northern Iowa opponents to the NFL, so he might not be ready to start right away.

I could see them liking Dawand Jones, but he is RT only and risky because he will need to use his length to makeup for subpar quickness.

If OL is the plan (and it should be), maybe best to try to trade out of first somewhere into top 10 of 2nd.  

I like Bergeron, Mauch, Avila, Wypler, maybe Schmitz (he is pretty old), but not especially in the first.

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Only Johnson, Skoronski (but I think he is a guard) and Jones at #27.

Harrison, Bergeron, Mauch (but I think he is a guard) or Wright at #59.

Just seems to me like all of those guys are gone 27 and 59.  

Jones would be amazing @ 27 and is looking my ideal pick.  I think Harrison is much better than Brown in pass protection from day 1 and could be an option @ 27.  Maybe Bergeron or Mauch get to 59, but I doubt it. 

You wouldn’t take Dawand @ 59? His size kinda scares me tbh.  

Edited by NewEra

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Only Johnson, Skoronski (but I think he is a guard) and Jones at #27.

Harrison, Bergeron, Mauch (but I think he is a guard) or Wright at #59.

Hi Gunner, do you think any of those guys will make it to pick 59?  My guess is no, but I would not argue vehemently if someone said they will.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Hi Gunner, do you think any of those guys will make it to pick 59?  My guess is no, but I would not argue vehemently if someone said they will.

Same for the guys @ 27.  All will be gone imo. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Just seems to me like all of those guys are gone 27 and 59.  

Jones would be amazing @ 27 and is looking my ideal pick.  I think Harrison is much better than Brown in pass protection from day 1 and could be an option @ 27.  Maybe Bergeron or Mauch get to 59, but I doubt it. 

You wouldn’t take Dawand @ 59? His size kinda scares me tbh.  

Ha, I'm sure you are right. It is my problem in this draft, I don't think anyone I like will be there when we pick. I probably should have Harrison in my 1st round list too. The way I had Hyatt there for receivers.... I'd have to grit my teeth as I do it but I can live with that pick... he is becoming one of the better likely options for me. 

I think Dawand's technique is a mess. To me his best fit is somewhere where they wanna play power football and pound it down your throat. He doesn't fit a passing offense because his pass sets are inconsistent as hell and he ends up toppling over himself too often and he doesn't fit a stretch zone style scheme because I don't like him as a move blocker. Give me a scheme where the assignment is "plough ahead and push your guy back" and I can get to liking him enough for round 2, maybe. For the Bill? Nah. 

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Probably not. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Yantha said:

Outside of the top 3, I'm not too impressed really.  Some projects there, but likely better BPA options outside of the first round.

It would be at least a mild surprise if any of the top 3 are still on the board when the Bills pick.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.