Which position group should the Bills target in Draft RD 1 based on Bills Depth Chart as of 3/19/202

Chaos

Which position group should the Bills target in Draft RD 1 based on Bills Depth Chart as of 3/19/2023?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Which position group should the Bills target in Draft RD 1 based on Bills Depth Chart as of 3/19/2023?

LB is the biggest weakness right now.

That said, drafting specifically for need is how you miss out on great players. I’m hopeful we’re able to add a MLB, WR, and power RB in FA and just focus on BPA in the draft. Would also be great if BPA landed us some solid OL help. 

• Agree 6

11 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

BPA all the way.   I would be a bit surprised if the BPA is an interior offensive lineman, defensive back or running back at this point.  The draft could always fall differently from what I expect though.  It usually does.

BPA is a great theory.  It is premised on the concept that I know which NFL prospect is  27th best and 28 best (assuming the first 26 drafters correctly selected the 26 best players).   I think BPA comes into play for certain if the person you have projected as  significantly better (say you rank safety Brian Branch 15th best, and he is there at 27) then you almost certainly should break from need to select Branch.  But if you rank CB Deonte Banks 27th best and WR Zay Flowers 28th best, and both are there are 27, it is not obvious you should take Banks over Flowers, due to position value and need. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

The Bills have three large holes and a couple small ones. The big three, if not addressed during FA, are at WR, LB and OL (still), in no particular order. I think skill positions are important enough to require higher draft picks, whereas, OL could wait a round or two. But all three are top needs to be rounds 1-3. TE, S and RB can fill out the draft.

Edited by Chas56
Sp
  • Agree 1

Tablet Wrangler. This be the future of the league and I'm the cutting frickin' edge! I can wrangle a tablet from thirty yards away. I've studied the physics of the tablet and can react to whichever way it'll bounce when thrown by a player or coach. I'm going pre-first round this year. That's right. It's such a coveted position there's a first round before the first round and I'm in it. 

8 minutes ago, Chaos said:

BPA is a great theory.  It is premised on the concept that I know which NFL prospect is  27th best and 28 best (assuming the first 26 drafters correctly selected the 26 best players).   I think BPA comes into play for certain if the person you have projected as  significantly better (say you rank safety Brian Branch 15th best, and he is there at 27) then you almost certainly should break from need to select Branch.  But if you rank CB Deonte Banks 27th best and WR Zay Flowers 28th best, and both are there are 27, it is not obvious you should take Banks over Flowers, due to position value and need. 

Yes the BPA theory is the same as "dont reach"  based on need.  BPA is tough since you might be comparing payers at different positions.  I would not care if the Bills drafted all defense this year as long as they are all future hall of famers... 

25 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Whatever BPA is.

Can you provide the list from 1 to 260 precisely ranking the players in order.  I don't want to get to pick 59, and accidently take the 60th best player instead of the 59th. 

The winning blueprint calls for a big, fast, athletic TE just like the Patriots had and the Bengals, Eagles and Chiefs have now.  The position is so critical for maintaining possession and scoring.  Dawson Knox is good but he is not excellent and plays much smaller than his 6'-4 height would indicate.  

The Bills have so many needs but if a player like this is available the Bills need to take him.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.