Laremy Tunsil resets OT market. 3 year $75 million ext w/ $50 mil gtd and $30 mil signing bonus

Big Turk

It’s funny that people wanted Cooks but not OBJ?

Cooks has pushed himself out of a number of places. He’s a terrible teammate, been stripped of his captaincy and pushed himself out of New Orleans becuase he was complaining about Drew Brees and was jealous of Micael Thomas. He’s the biggest diva of them all, he just doesn’t dye his hair pink. 

I would take OBJ every day, every second. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Good point.

I wonder why none of them have been hired.

I also forgot about Brian Gaine before when Houston brought him in as GM. 

I think teams recognize what we're doing is generally pretty good, there's just a little bit of an order of operations to go with it.

Joe Schoen was Brandon Beane's top lieutenant. He's the most logical candidate to be directly aware of our "secret sauce" and involved in just about everything. 

Brian Daboll vs. Leslie Frazier. We've all discussed this to exhaustion, but Daboll had full control of the offense... there's a perception that McDermott was involved with the defense. Plus Frazier failed on time before with Minnesota. 

I believe a year or so ago there was an article talking about how we're (possibly) the most diverse organization in football. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The 9 Isles said:

Texans, Browns are some the stupidest franchises, constantly resetting the market for these players and ruining the market for everyone. 

They also keep using first round picks on guards and right tackles. There is no boom in their strategy. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

That’s nuts.  I’m all for the trenches getting paid, but even at a 225M cap, these numbers are insane.

QB -45m

WR -20M

LT- 25M

RT- 15M

G- 20M

C-15M

So far you haven’t finished the line and you are already in the 140’s for premium players.  The way it’s being built out, the rich will get richer and the back ends of rosters will have to play for Vet Min.   Look at Defense and it’s just as nuts with ILBs getting 20M a year, DEs 25 etc. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

That’s nuts.  I’m all for the trenches getting paid, but even at a 225M cap, these numbers are insane.

QB -45m

WR -20M

LT- 25M

RT- 15M

G- 20M

C-15M

So far you haven’t finished the line and you are already in the 140’s for premium players.  The way it’s being built out, the rich will get richer and the back ends of rosters will have to play for Vet Min.   Look at Defense and it’s just as nuts with ILBs getting 20M a year, DEs 25 etc. 

I was happy for the advent of the rookie pay scale and kind of wish the veterans had one too... based on things such as years of service, games started, multi-source grading of performance, accolades, etc. This is but a general thought but the devil is in the details, as they say.

The hypothetical scale would compel the team to pay that player a short term but fully guaranteed contract.

Then you wouldn't see the evaporation of the middle class of NFL players.

Of course this will never happen.

4 hours ago, JohnNord said:

He’s very good…but he not THAT good.  Can you even say he’s the best LT in the game?

This was an overpay from Houston, but they’ll atleast have a solid OT to watch their rookie QB’s blindside

He's given up 3 sacks in his last 2,140 snaps.  He's damn good.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This is the type of imbecilic signing that will make it harder for bad teams to get better. Why pay a tackle that much when you’re a team with many needs and years away from competitiveness. Why would Miami give up on Tunsil and then the Texans pay him so much.Now decent left tackles will command 20 million, mostly guaranteed. When a franchise QB is getting 40+and #1 receiver and edge rushers and now tackles 20mill, that leaves a little over 100 mill for 50 players. Chances are one of those highly paid spends significant time on IR and the team can’t compete.

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

QB -45m

WR -20M

LT- 25M

RT- 15M

G- 20M

C-15M

It’s all about percentage of cap. Cap goes up contracts go up but percentage stays about the same 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Is it the hair that proves he is still viable or his “big name”?

Did you not watch Cardinals games last season? The dude had 10 catches a game with Colt McCoy throwing him the ball lol

14 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Is it the hair that proves he is still viable or his “big name”?

On top of that, he was suspended for the first 6 games and still caught 64 passes. Like, what?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The 9 Isles said:

Texans, Browns are some the stupidest franchises, constantly resetting the market for these players and ruining the market for everyone. 

Or maybe they don't have a choice since players force them to if they want to sign them because the franchise's suck?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.