Laremy Tunsil resets OT market. 3 year $75 million ext w/ $50 mil gtd and $30 mil signing bonus

Big Turk

Just now, Ya Digg? said:

So maybe I have been under a rock, but is there a legit source saying the chiefs are interested? Or is all of this just because he’s a receiver and Bills fans are scared of any move the Chiefs make? 

Chiefs have been floated re: Hopkins, but no idea if there’s any smoke there. 

Chiefs were at OBJ’s workout, so they’re at least open to adding a WR. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Manther said:

If it is only $30 million guaranteed it sounds like a one two year contract and easy to get out of.

Keep a very LT for two years with a rookie QB.  Good idea.

I look forward to seeing the contract structure.

Depends on the structure. If it's a fully guaranteed $30 million signing bonus it would be a $10 million cap hit to cut him in year 3.

UPDATE: Just updated the terms that I found...it's actually $50 million fully guaranteed and $30 million signing bonus with $60 million in total guarantees($10 million injury only likely). I doubt he will get cut at all, wouldn't make any sense 

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

• Big Turk changed the title to Laremy Tunsil resets OT market...3 year $75 million contract w/ $50 mil guaranteed and $30 mil at si
8 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

He’s very good…but he not THAT good.  Can you even say he’s the best LT in the game?

This was an overpay from Houston, but they’ll atleast have a solid OT to watch their rookie QB’s blindside

Agreed. I think it is clear that whether you are an elite LT or a pretty competent one, you are getting paid a lot. 

12 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Per ESPN Sportcenter...

Holy crap...guess they needed to clear Cooks off their books(I know you liked the rhyming skills 😂) to extend Tunstill, as those happened pretty quickly in succession.

That's crazy money for an OT 

Good lord!  Is "Gas Mask Guy" Tunsil that good?

Edited by Beck Water

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Chiefs have been floated re: Hopkins, but no idea if there’s any smoke there. 

Chiefs were at OBJ’s workout, so they’re at least open to adding a WR. 

Chiefs somehow got 2 3rd round picks for two years TWICE by losing minority people in their organization...

Talk about a franchise that seems to just have a lucky charm permanently attached to it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• Big Turk changed the title to Laremy Tunsil resets OT market. 3 year $75 million ext w/ $50 mil gtd and $30 mil signing bonus
17 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

He’s very good…but he not THAT good.  Can you even say he’s the best LT in the game?

This was an overpay from Houston, but they’ll atleast have a solid OT to watch their rookie QB’s blindside

I think he is probably the best under the age of 30. Bhaktiari and Trent Williams are the two you'd definitely have above him but are older. Then it is Tunsil and Stanley from the same class but Stanley was not himself after almost 2 years out. This is probably the market until Slater and Sewell come up. Andrew Thomas will go big but I don't think he goes that big. 

It's Houston. They are barely paying anyone. He is their 1 elite player. If you are not gonna pay your only elite guy then WTF are you doing?

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Chiefs somehow got 2 3rd round picks for two years TWICE by losing minority people in their organization...

Talk about a franchise that seems to just have a lucky charm permanently attached to it.

Which makes the "taking the year off" another bite in the ass. We'll get nothing from Frazier because nobody will hire him.

14 minutes ago, wolfpack78 said:

Is Tennessee in a rebuild?  I wonder if we could swing a deal to include Simmons, whose on the last year of his rookie deal playing we under the 5th year option.

Something like that would literally take our whole draft.

Teams have to spend a certain amount every year to get over the salary floor, and they dont have anyone else to spend the money on.

Another case of a low-talent team skewing the numbers across the rest of the league by throwing a ton of cash at their one good player.

Good for Laremy. He's done both deals with the Texans himself, no agent. But he 1. Had a ton of leverage the first time, and 2. Understands what a great deal is without having to push for more (take notes, Lamar!).

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Which makes the "taking the year off" another bite in the ass. We'll get nothing from Frazier because nobody will hire him.

Something like that would literally take our whole draft.

He’d have to be named a HC to get a pick.  That was never going to happen 

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, wolfpack78 said:

Is Tennessee in a rebuild?  I wonder if we could swing a deal to include Simmons, whose on the last year of his rookie deal playing we under the 5th year option.

Tennessee won't pay Henry's new deal in 24 and neither will most teams, it's outrageous. 

So some team gets a one year rental player,  was only kidding about the Bills. Von Miller's deal pretty much destroyed that idea

26 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Depends on the structure. If it's a fully guaranteed $30 million signing bonus it would be a $10 million cap hit to cut him in year 3.

UPDATE: Just updated the terms that I found...it's actually $50 million fully guaranteed and $30 million signing bonus with $60 million in total guarantees($10 million injury only likely). I doubt he will get cut at all, wouldn't make any sense 

Thanks for the update, ya that is totally different.

13 minutes ago, Process said:

Lamar should hire him

Funny and true 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.