Kareem Hunt...

Sierra Foothills

4 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I’m not paying a salary. So I don’t care. Or waste my time caring. Do you care? Lol.

Yeah ok.

you wouldn’t care if we paid Zeke 25M a year. 

Of course you’d be pissed.  You wouldn’t be nitpicking on a Bills message board if you didn’t care about the Bills blowing their cap space on 💩 

unless you’re just a very casual fan of course.  And if that’s the case, good for you.  Your blood pressure is probably lower than mine.  

I want to see them win a SB and blowing their cap on crap doesn’t help their chances 

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, NewEra said:

Makes sense to me.  He’s near the top of my list of available RBs now that some guys are off the board. Zeke makes sense too.  But he’d have to take 3 or less

How the heck does Zeke Elliot make sense for the Bills??

It is clear that our OWN player, Singletary, is far superior, and clearly seems to have dramatically more left in the tank then washed up Elliot, who has not looked even average in years. 

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

It is clear that our OWN player, Singletary, is far superior, and clearly seems to have dramatically more left in the tank then washed up Elliot, who has not looked even average in years. 

Beane said he’s looking for a “heavier, power style back”. 

I agree that motor is the better back and I’d be happy to have him back….but if you listen to what the GM says, Zeke makes sense.  

Hunt looked like he lost a step last season. He’ll be 28 this season. He was a stud RB who could catch out of the backfield, but I think he’s in flier territory now. He’d be good to bring in to camp on a cheap, incentive based contract. He might give us a year or two of good production or he might get cut this off-season. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Answer…No

Reason…Thug

I don’t know bout all that. He pushed and kicked a woman on his own home which, no doubt likely could’ve been avoided, but didn’t result in criminal charges or prosecution. Making a mistake doesn’t make someone a thug. And you’re foolin yourself if you think players from Jimbos Bills weren’t actin a fool in their day. 

Hunt seemed pretty effective in 2021 and given Brisset and mid-Watson, his 22 stats are fine. 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Except they have expressed interest in Hunt before, twice actually.  So I don't think that is the case

I think Hunt interest was before they added Cook + Hines.  Now Hunt is too similar of an RB, kind of redundant.  

It makes sense that the FO says the RB they want to add would be a bigger back that can handle short yardage duty, and be good in pass pro.  That's why a lot of people think Zeke is a possible match - a vet on a short term cheap contract along with a 4th for someone like R Johnson. 

Or the FO could go big for the big back - get a D Henry or D Cook and have them be the RB1 w Cook still a contributor but in a lesser role.

44 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I think Hunt interest was before they added Cook + Hines.  Now Hunt is too similar of an RB, kind of redundant.  

It makes sense that the FO says the RB they want to add would be a bigger back that can handle short yardage duty, and be good in pass pro.  That's why a lot of people think Zeke is a possible match - a vet on a short term cheap contract along with a 4th for someone like R Johnson. 

Or the FO could go big for the big back - get a D Henry or D Cook and have them be the RB1 w Cook still a contributor but in a lesser role.

I was only addressing someones comment who said they would not be interested solely over character concerns.  And I said that is not accurate considering they have twice looked into bringing him here.  

Whether or not he is the type of back now they are looking for is a different question.  But I still think he is better than what Zeke is right now.  Hunt is still only 27 and has a lot less wear and tear on him.  

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

But Motor doesn’t have that awesome stomach tattoo that Elliott has. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.