The Cincy game & its affect on how we view the team

Success

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

You might have been able to make that argument if we didn’t see the rematch. If that first matchup was a one and done game, maybe there is a debate about how the game unfolds.

But it wasn’t.

We saw what happened in the rematch. Just like the first game, Cinci walked down the field with ease. It was a carbon copy. We we’re so clearly outmatched in that first game that it’s preposterous to me that anyone thinks we somehow completely change from being physically smacked around to winning.

I get it. You want to pretend that the first game wouldn’t have gone like the second game (despite starting nearly identical) because it goes against your point.

Gee, what happened between that 1st 9 minutes of the regular season game, and the playoff game?  It's right on the tip of my tongue.  Just can't remember.

Please.  The team was emotionally spent by the playoff game.  It was obvious. There is no comparing those 2 games

You still will. Have at it. You think the team is weak and bad. I don't.  We will not agree.

6 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Your first paragraph is based on fact at least. The rest is your opinion and some really odd wording. When did the Titans have the #1 pick? I don’t even know what to think of this sentence. 

You know I meant #1 seed. Arguing one wrong is pathetic

6 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I see you started with November and Wilson for your examples, even though you swear it started in October. This is becoming a joke.

No. I’ve said the entire time. “We haven’t looked good since october” … that means we looked good in October  and started looking bad in November. That’s what “since” means. We haven’t looked good SINCE October. October was the last time we looked good.

English 101.

Edited by Einstein
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

You might have been able to make that argument if we didn’t see the rematch. If that first matchup was a one and done game, maybe there is a debate about how the game unfolds.

But it wasn’t.

We saw what happened in the rematch. Just like the first game, Cinci walked down the field with ease. It was a carbon copy. We we’re so clearly outmatched in that first game that it’s preposterous to me that anyone thinks we somehow completely change from being physically smacked around to winning.

I get it. You want to pretend that the first game wouldn’t have gone like the second game (despite starting nearly identical) because it goes against your point.

So, Einstein doubles as Nostradamus now.😂😂

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

You know I meant #1 seed. Arguing one wrong is pathetic

No. I’ve said the entire time. “We haven’t looked good since october” … that means we looked good in October  and started looking bad in November. That’s what “since” means. We haven’t looked good SINCE October. October was the last time we looked good.

English 101.

Actually, it should have read “Since the end of October “. 

9 minutes ago, Success said:

Gee, what happened between that 1st 9 minutes of the regular season game, and the playoff game?  It's right on the tip of my tongue.  Just can't remember.

Oh yes, all that snow really hurt their emotions, not to mention the owner having an emergency 6 months before that really was a hit to their delicate sensibilities. 🤦🏻‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Actually, it should have read “Since the end of October “. 

Bored Season 3 GIF by The Office

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

Your first paragraph is based on fact at least. The rest is your opinion and some really odd wording. When did the Titans have the #1 pick? I don’t even know what to think of this sentence. 

I see you started with November and Wilson for your examples, even though you swear it started in October. This is becoming a joke.
I’m starting to think we should change screen names. 

I find it funny that he called them frauds but then he ranked this fraud team as better than the Bills before this season.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I think the majority of the blame should go on clashing staff… it’s their job to have these guys prepared and ready emotionally, mentally, and physically…. They clearly were not…. And the Bengals very clearly had a much better strategy. It was a straight ass kicking in all phases. 

I don’t necessarily disagree it was an ass kicking in all phases… but this debate started over the “it’s all coaching” statement.  To say that is flat out scapegoating.  

You are holding coaches responsible for high first round draft picks getting physically manhandled in the run game against a backup OL.  

That has nothing to do with coaching and it’s more about talent not executing all and getting their ass kicked.   Gap integrity is all on the players.  There was little against Cincinnati - that’s on the players. 

2 hours ago, Dopey said:

You should watch that game again. Josh had 2 picks and a fumble that was recovered for a TD. Missed on a couple of big throws. One of the “drops” by Waddle was actually a great play by the cb to make up for getting beat on the route. We were up 17-3 on Josh’s 1st int. He has someone underneath wide open but decided to heave a long, inaccurate pass for the int. I don’t even know what to say about the fumble by Josh for a TD. If not for Josh, this game isn’t close. Great TEAM win, in spite of Josh, so my view of the team remained positive. 

I believe you, but I’ll say Josh could have an entire bad season and I’d still feel better about him than the coach, who I’ve been saying is a liability for years already 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Dopey said:

You should watch that game again. Josh had 2 picks and a fumble that was recovered for a TD. Missed on a couple of big throws. One of the “drops” by Waddle was actually a great play by the cb to make up for getting beat on the route. We were up 17-3 on Josh’s 1st int. He has someone underneath wide open but decided to heave a long, inaccurate pass for the int. I don’t even know what to say about the fumble by Josh for a TD. If not for Josh, this game isn’t close. Great TEAM win, in spite of Josh, so my view of the team remained positive. 

You ignore a dropped TD pass by Knox and a dropped 55 yard pass by Shakir.  Sure Allen, like the whole team, had a brain cramp in the 2nd half of the 2nd quarter and the first half of the 3rd quarter.  But he was on fire the rest of the game pushing the Bills out to a 17 - 0 (should have been 21) lead and then leading the Bills to two TD's that erased the Dolphin lead and put the Bills back up two scores.

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

I don’t necessarily disagree it was an ass kicking in all phases… but this debate started over the “it’s all coaching” statement.  To say that is flat out scapegoating.  

You are holding coaches responsible for high first round draft picks getting physically manhandled in the run game against a backup OL.  

That has nothing to do with coaching and it’s more about talent not executing all and getting their ass kicked.   Gap integrity is all on the players.  There was little against Cincinnati - that’s on the players. 

Getting good traction became a bigger problem for Buffalo then it should have been IMO. Myself personally, I don't think the players were where they needed to be mentally to compete at a high level and thats ultimately on the coaches IMO.

Edited by Figster

6 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

You think the results were going to be any different? Even on a dry field we couldn’t come close to stopping them. Our coaches said they were not going to change anything for the playoff game and you saw what happened there. 

Stop....It was 7-3 after each team had one possession.  Cincy's scoring drive benefitted from a 29 PI on Poyer.

lol wtf.

6 hours ago, Einstein said:

Any one of us who choose to be honest will admit that we were on our way to being blown out in that first Cinci game too.

The Bengals walked down the field with ease on first drive, and were walking down the field again on the second drive before Damar was hurt.

They were physically overpowering us and we had no answers for their passing game. You might have been able to make the argument after the first game, but before the playoff rematch, that we would make adjustments. But the playoff game showed that to be incorrect.

Had that game played out, we surely would have lost.

see above.  And.... "walking down the field"?  They started at their own 32, ran 2 plays and barely crossed midfield before the game was stopped.

Also, the Bills were down 14-0 after 1 Q in the playoff game.  

these takes are a joke.  

5 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

You're right. We would've lost by the same score as the playoff game. You can't compete defensively with Poyer/ White at 80% and Miller/ Hyde out.  Frazier threw in the towel as soon as he had his dbs 10+ yards off the ball.

Bills were undefeated without both Miller and Hyde until the final game. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

And.... "walking down the field"?  

The amount of denial in some posters comments is genuinely sad.

Yes, they walked right down the field.

They went nearly 70 yards in 2 minutes and 26 seconds.

They started at their own 32, ran 2 plays and barely crossed midfield before the game was stopped.

You're trying to make it sound better than it was

The Bengals had 2 plays on that drive and went 21 yards in those 2 plays. Woopee! They were averaging over 10 yards per play on that drive youre trying to downplay.

They were, again, walking right down the field when Damar got injured.

Yeah and they were about to be down 14-3 in the first quarter of that first game.

The Bengals were physically overwhelming the Bills in that first game. Their TE rubbed Taron's face so hard into the turf that he literally left the game. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The amount of denial in some posters comments is genuinely sad.

Yes, they walked right down the field.

They went nearly 70 yards in 2 minutes and 26 seconds.

You're trying to make it sound better than it was

The Bengals had 2 plays on that drive and went 21 yards in those 2 plays. Woopee! They were averaging over 10 yards per play on that drive youre trying to downplay.

They were, again, walking right down the field when Damar got injured.

Yeah and they were about to be down 14-3 in the first quarter of that first game.

The Bengals were physically overwhelming the Bills in that first game. Their TE rubbed Taron's face so hard into the turf that he literally left the game. 

I love when poster double down on really dumb takes!

Tell us more!!!   What was the final score of that going to be?  Don't hold out on us--you know you know....

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I love when poster double down on really dumb takes!

Tell us more!!!   What was the final score of that going to be?  Don't hold out on us--you know you know....

I know they were leading AND driving again, when the game ended.

2 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

You ignore a dropped TD pass by Knox and a dropped 55 yard pass by Shakir.  Sure Allen, like the whole team, had a brain cramp in the 2nd half of the 2nd quarter and the first half of the 3rd quarter.  But he was on fire the rest of the game pushing the Bills out to a 17 - 0 (should have been 21) lead and then leading the Bills to two TD's that erased the Dolphin lead and put the Bills back up two scores.

Thanks. It would have been even more of a blowout, if not for those plays you mentioned. Sounds like we agree that it wasn’t the Skyler Thompson show out there against us? That was my point. 

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Stop....It was 7-3 after each team had one possession.  Cincy's scoring drive benefitted from a 29 PI on Poyer.

lol wtf.

see above.  And.... "walking down the field"?  They started at their own 32, ran 2 plays and barely crossed midfield before the game was stopped.

these takes are a joke.  

Bills were undefeated without both Miller and Hyde until the final game. 

You really are a laughing stock thinking we showed any ability to stop Cincinatti in the first game and it was shown again we had zero ability to slow them down in the second game in our own stadium. Just stop, your just making a fool of yourself.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.