D-Hop & The King

NastyNateSoldiers

Just now, Chaos said:

That was my point that it depends how much they were willing to accomodate Henry. Hence "it would be stretch" and "its a narrow road".  Not sure how to help you understand further. 

A stretch?  Taking on an underperforming player owed $11M to accommodate Henry isn't a stretch. That's a pipe dream.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Lots of smoke for Hopkins to Dallas. 

Me, personally, I’d rather try to sign OBJ at 2yr/30M without giving up picks than trade for Hopkins. 

The ultimate all-in move for me (that doesn’t mortgage the future)

-Trade Oliver to recoup our Day 3 pick / clear 10M

-Sign OBJ 

-Trade for Henry / extend past this year 

-Extend Hyde to match Po

-Extend Daquan Jones

Two year window with:

Diggs/OBJ

Henry

Von

Hyde/Poyer

White

Morse(?)/Dawkins

Then a whole bunch of cap starts coming off the books as we look to retool around Allen. 

I like this plan but don’t trust OBJ to stay healthy 

For everyone that thinks the cap won’t make this work D- Hop has 19mil base salary . That could be reworked and extended we can save 13 mil just by doing that. Oliver can be outright cut but I believe we can fetch at least a 5th for him. Remember 5th yr options are only guaranteed incase of injury so Oliver can be released if no trade is worked out. 

• Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I like this plan but don’t trust OBJ to stay healthy 

It’s definitely a risk.  

I don’t think he’s getting 20M.  I do think 2/30 could get it done .. especially if Hopkins goes to Dallas and takes them out of the running.  

We could fully guarantee his salary this year, with Davis still here, and then leave ourselves an out next year if it could be structured that way. 

2 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

We have cap space for IHOP and Burger King, that’s pretty much it

We all understand this.  

We also have a moveable piece making 10M.   Of course any wild ideas require sending Oliver out of here for a pick.  

We do that, and yes.. quite a bit is possible.  

Edited by SCBills

9 minutes ago, H2o said:

Two things. Money and draft picks. We could go all in like that, but it could end up setting us back. Look at the Eagles this past season. They sacrificed a lot by going all in, came up short, and now they have to navigate that. They look like they will take a step back this year. On top of that, word is Hopkins wants to go play in Dallas. We also still have a roster to fill out and don't want to do it with a bunch of UDFA's and league minimum FA's. Injuries happen and we need quality depth, not just bargain basement options. 

Most of our starting lineups are set the defense has everyone coming back in this scenario except for Edmunds and Oliver . 

9 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

A stretch?  Taking on an underperforming player owed $11M to accommodate Henry isn't a stretch. That's a pipe dream.

Exactly.  Oliver has very little value.  Reminds me of when a number of clueless posters thought McCoy could be traded and he'd return a second round pick.  

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Definitely. The Saints were 100mil over just last yr . Who did they lose? Now they’re signing Carr for 40mil per. The cap can be manipulated no doubt.

The saints future will include pain 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

For everyone that thinks the cap won’t make this work D- Hop has 19mil base salary . That could be reworked and extended we can save 13 mil just by doing that. Oliver can be outright cut but I believe we can fetch at least a 5th for him. Remember 5th yr options are only guaranteed incase of injury so Oliver can be released if no trade is worked out. 

Even if you cut Oliver, it still counts as dead cap.  

You're now saying we can just cut him, but in another breath say we can trade him?

You're saying a guy we can just cut has trade value?

11 minutes ago, DC Grid said:

The problem with Henry is two fold.  One he’s getting old and slowing down slightly…but for RBs there’s often a cliff so he could turn to garbage quick.  Two, and more of an issue, his style only works with enough touches.  You need to feed him 20 times a game to get him going and that means accepting a lot of 2-4 yard rushes in the first half and playing tight and conservative.  That simply isn’t the Bills style, and more importantly it isn’t a winning style in todays game.  

It’s honestly anyones guess how he’d fare here.  

Yes, some of what you say is correct.  

We could probably trade for him and extend him for another year at a reasonable price given he’s a RB and all he has to do is look around at what’s going on in FA right now.   The pitch.. do you want to take a bit less to play a couple years for a Super Bowl contender that won’t run you into the ground?

Also.. Titans were running him into heavy boxes… That’s not happening here. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YodaMan79 said:

Exactly.  Oliver has very little value.  Reminds me of when a number of clueless posters thought McCoy could be traded and he'd return a second round pick.  

If he wasn't owed $11M maybe we get some team to bite, but that's a big price tag for a player who hasn't lived up to expectations.

35 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I’m hearing the Titans want a 2nd and a day 3 Pk for Henry and the Cards want a 3rd and something else for Hopkins. We have the picks necessary to get this done the question is would u do it? I know the cap will be an issue but there’s ways to Redo there deals and we can get Oliver and his 11mil off the books. 

Making these deals would make our offense unstoppable force just imagine Allen , Diggs, Hopkins, Harty , Davis & Knox in the passing game and King Henry and Cook in the running game . This would absolutely take the league by storm . Defensive coordinators around the league would definitely not be sleeping much trying to prepare for this onslaught. 

The Defense would definitely take a step back but we still have the majority of our secondary intact with Tre getting back to health and a 2nd yr for Elam they still have top ten talent especially when Von returns . McD would have to put on a coaching clinic but I think they will be good enough with this offense to win the Super Bowl. This is a KC style approach with offense being top heavy and a defense that’s just good enough. 

Some will say there’s not enough plays for everyone on offense to succeed I believe there will be . The Bills have averaged 67 plays per game the last 2yrs these additions would put that over 75 . Which means u can still throw the ball 35/45 times per game and run it another 30 or so . Henry can get his 18/22 touches Cooks gets 8 . In the passing game u still can get Hopkins and Diggs there 10 targets each and the rest of the guys don’t need to be feed Harty, Davis & Knox can share the rest of the targets as well as a few a game to the running bks.  

I wish we can pull this off it’s the ultimate all in scenario and with this draft being weak and the fact is McBeane is underwhelming in drafting in the 2nd and 3rd anyways makes this that more enticing. If we did something like this and stay healthy we’re winning the Super Bowl!

I wonder would they take these picks from the following draft, 2024

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Even if you cut Oliver, it still counts as dead cap.  

You're now saying we can just cut him, but in another breath say we can trade him?

You're saying a guy we can just cut has trade value?

No it doesn’t he doesn’t have any guarantees only if he’s injured and that’s not the case. Plus I believe we can fetch a 4th or 5th for him easily. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Animated GIF

Mmhmmmmm-  I was going to GIF it too- but was warned I shouldn’t post so many GIFS- they are distracting to many members 🤷🏻‍♂️   So I cut back here and there. Thanks for adding the visuals.  Love that gif 

Edited by NewEra
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I find it hard to believe some people want to pay OBj 2-30.  

I think he deserves a 1-10 max

The conventional wisdom is the longer he is on the open market, the weaker the leverage for the player. My preference is to work a trade for Jeudy if we want to upgrade wr this year. Whether we do that or not, I hope there is a plan to further upgrade the oline.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

No it doesn’t he doesn’t have any guarantees only if he’s injured and that’s not the case. Plus I believe we can fetch a 4th or 5th for him easily. 

The Bills picked up his 5th year option.  That money is fully guaranteed bud.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.