D-Hop & The King

NastyNateSoldiers

I’m hearing the Titans want a 2nd and a day 3 Pk for Henry and the Cards want a 3rd and something else for Hopkins. We have the picks necessary to get this done the question is would u do it? I know the cap will be an issue but there’s ways to Redo there deals and we can get Oliver and his 11mil off the books. 

Making these deals would make our offense unstoppable force just imagine Allen , Diggs, Hopkins, Harty , Davis & Knox in the passing game and King Henry and Cook in the running game . This would absolutely take the league by storm . Defensive coordinators around the league would definitely not be sleeping much trying to prepare for this onslaught. 

The Defense would definitely take a step back but we still have the majority of our secondary intact with Tre getting back to health and a 2nd yr for Elam they still have top ten talent especially when Von returns . McD would have to put on a coaching clinic but I think they will be good enough with this offense to win the Super Bowl. This is a KC style approach with offense being top heavy and a defense that’s just good enough. 

Some will say there’s not enough plays for everyone on offense to succeed I believe there will be . The Bills have averaged 67 plays per game the last 2yrs these additions would put that over 75 . Which means u can still throw the ball 35/45 times per game and run it another 30 or so . Henry can get his 18/22 touches Cooks gets 8 . In the passing game u still can get Hopkins and Diggs there 10 targets each and the rest of the guys don’t need to be feed Harty, Davis & Knox can share the rest of the targets as well as a few a game to the running bks.  

I wish we can pull this off it’s the ultimate all in scenario and with this draft being weak and the fact is McBeane is underwhelming in drafting in the 2nd and 3rd anyways makes this that more enticing. If we did something like this and stay healthy we’re winning the Super Bowl!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

Beane just said in the presser they have about $9M to work with and that includes having to sign this year's draft class with that. 

How exactly are you getting Oliver's $$ off the books?

Besides the cap issue, it's not like we don't still have issues to address on the O-line.  If you're giving all our high draft picks away, how do you do that? I really hope you don't think signing Mc Govern and re-signing Boettger takes our line from dreadful to now good.  

This isn't a KC style approach.  KC realized they had line issues a couple seasons ago and they addressed them.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’d be in for a move. Something to move the needle for  this season. I’m pretty sure our draft picks were close to the bottom in playing time last season. 

Or we run it back with what we have and see where we fall. I think maybe the best expectation for us is not to be the favorites and have a little luck fall our way. Will be nice to have Micah Poyer and Tre out there in week 1. 

I wouldn't.  The offense can't give Henry enough touches.  Cook and Hines need to see the field to be part of the passing game. 

Diggs is the team prima donna, and I wouldn't put another in the receiver room. The Diggs-Hopkins show would be a distraction. 

If I were going to stretch, it would have been for a stud offensive lineman. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 12

Beane only has six draft picks to fill out the roster. I’d like to have both players, but giving up a 2nd, 3rd, 4th round pick as well as “something else” doesn’t seem prudent. Also as already stated, the money would have to be there and I don’t know if it could work.

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

It depends to some extent on how much the Titans want to accomodate Henry's desire to be on a contender. If the Bills traded their 2nd and Oliver for Henry, that would be on the low end of the ball park of what the titans are looking for.   That leaves the first round pick available to help on the online. Its a stretch, but that would seem to be the narrow road. 

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Beane just said in the presser they have about $9M to work with and that includes having to sign this year's draft class with that. 

Besides the cap issue, it's not like we don't still have issues to address on the O-line.  If you're giving all our high draft picks away, how do you do that? I really hope you don't think signing Mc Govern and re-signing Boettger takes our line from dreadful to now good.  

This isn't a KC style approach.  KC realized they had line issues a couple seasons ago and they addressed them.

News flash the Bills are happy with this Oline and they weren’t nearly as bad as u make it out. Plus we still have our middle rd pks to add some lineman to develop and our 1st rd Pk. So we can still replenish the Oline for the future. 

• Vomit 3
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Chaos said:

It depends to some extent on how much the Titans want to accomodate Henry's desire to be on a contender. If the Bills traded their 2nd and Oliver for Henry, that would be on the low end of the ball park of what the titans are looking for.   That leaves the first round pick available to help on the online. Its a stretch, but that would seem to be the narrow road. 

That assumes Tennessee even wants Oliver.  Why would they want an undersized, underperforming DT who's owed almost $11M dollars this year?

13 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I’m hearing the Titans want a 2nd and a day 3 Pk for Henry and the Cards want a 3rd and something else for Hopkins. We have the picks necessary to get this done the question is would u do it? I know the cap will be an issue but there’s ways to Redo there deals and we can get Oliver and his 11mil off the books. 

Making these deals would make our offense unstoppable force just imagine Allen , Diggs, Hopkins, Harty , Davis & Knox in the passing game and King Henry and Cook in the running game . This would absolutely take the league by storm . Defensive coordinators around the league would definitely not be sleeping much trying to prepare for this onslaught. 

The Defense would definitely take a step back but we still have the majority of our secondary intact with Tre getting back to health and a 2nd yr for Elam they still have top ten talent especially when Von returns . McD would have to put on a coaching clinic but I think they will be good enough with this offense to win the Super Bowl. This is a KC style approach with offense being top heavy and a defense that’s just good enough. 

Some will say there’s not enough plays for everyone on offense to succeed I believe there will be . The Bills have averaged 67 plays per game the last 2yrs these additions would put that over 75 . Which means u can still throw the ball 35/45 times per game and run it another 30 or so . Henry can get his 18/22 touches Cooks gets 8 . In the passing game u still can get Hopkins and Diggs there 10 targets each and the rest of the guys don’t need to be feed Harty, Davis & Knox can share the rest of the targets as well as a few a game to the running bks.  

I wish we can pull this off it’s the ultimate all in scenario and with this draft being weak and the fact is McBeane is underwhelming in drafting in the 2nd and 3rd anyways makes this that more enticing. If we did something like this and stay healthy we’re winning the Super Bowl!

So...you want to give up 4 of your 6 picks? Gonna fill the other roster holes with undrafted rookies?

Good luck raising the 30 million to pay these guys : and as much as you think you can equitably share the targets,I cant wait to see how you handle  a pissed-off Diggs.

Hopkins,by the way,seems to be lobbying for a trade to Dallas.

And,Oliver's salary is guaranteed ,good luck trading him.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

News flash the Bills are happy with this Oline and they weren’t nearly as bad as u make it out. Plus we still have our middle rd pks to add some lineman to develop and our 1st rd Pk. So we can still replenish the Oline for the future. 

LMAO, if it weren't for Josh, this line looks even worse than it was.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5

Lots of smoke for Hopkins to Dallas. 

Me, personally, I’d rather try to sign OBJ at 2yr/30M without giving up picks than trade for Hopkins. 

The ultimate all-in move for me (that doesn’t mortgage the future)

-Trade Oliver to recoup our Day 3 pick / clear 10M

-Sign OBJ 

-Trade for Henry / extend past this year 

-Extend Hyde to match Po

-Extend Daquan Jones

We still retain our RD1, RD3 and three Day3 picks to address LB, Safety depth, OL & DL. 

Two year window with:

Diggs/OBJ

Henry

Von

Hyde/Poyer

White

Morse(?)/Dawkins

Then a whole bunch of cap starts coming off the books as we look to retool around Allen. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Billz4ever said:

That assumes Tennessee even wants Oliver.  Why would they want an undersized, underperforming DT who's owed almost $11M dollars this year?

That was my point that it depends how much they were willing to accomodate Henry. Hence "it would be stretch" and "its a narrow road".  Not sure how to help you understand further. 

Two things. Money and draft picks. We could go all in like that, but it could end up setting us back. Look at the Eagles this past season. They sacrificed a lot by going all in, came up short, and now they have to navigate that. They look like they will take a step back this year. On top of that, word is Hopkins wants to go play in Dallas. We also still have a roster to fill out and don't want to do it with a bunch of UDFA's and league minimum FA's. Injuries happen and we need quality depth, not just bargain basement options. 

4 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I wouldn't.  The offense can't give Henry enough touches.  Cook and Hines need to see the field to be part of the passing game. 

Diggs is the team prima donna, and I wouldn't put another in the receiver room. The Diggs-Hopkins show would be a distraction. 

If I were going to stretch, it would have been for a stud offensive lineman. 

There’s definitely enough touches for everyone there offense should have at least 70 plus plays a game. There probably not even going to punt on average more then once per game. Plus these guys all would love to give a little to win the ultimate prize which is a Super Bowl . Diggs and Hopkins won’t have issues they want to win and they still can get there 150 targets each . It’s win win situation 

• Disagree 2

The problem with Henry is two fold.  One he’s getting old and slowing down slightly…but for RBs there’s often a cliff so he could turn to garbage quick.  Two, and more of an issue, his style only works with enough touches.  You need to feed him 20 times a game to get him going and that means accepting a lot of 2-4 yard rushes in the first half and playing tight and conservative.  That simply isn’t the Bills style, and more importantly it isn’t a winning style in todays game.  

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I personally would give them Oliver,or the pick, not both.

My Oliver fantasy trade is send him back to Houston for their two 3rd round picks.

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.