IFL Indoor Football League started tonight why isn’t Buffalo in this league?

Buffalo Super Fan

If Buffalo is this great football town and sports town that is on the so called economic rise why have we not been picked by leagues like this IFL? The IFL has the Green Bay Blizzard and Arizona (Phoenix) Rattlers are NFL cities and in the 1990’s Buffalo we were picked for leagues like this? I Was a Buffalo season ticket holder of most of these Buffalo franchises. 1992 Buffalo Bandits MILL indoor lacrosse winter league, 1992-93 Buffalo Blizzard NPSL indoor soccer, 1994 Buffalo Stampede RHI Roller Hockey, 1997 Buffalo Wings RHI Roller Hockey, 1997 Buffalo Gamblers OLA indoor lacrosse summer league, 1999 Buffalo Destroyers Arena Football League. Again if Buffalo was happening like the 1990’s we would be in some of these leagues. We are actually worse off economically than the 1990’s in Buffalo in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

My after college years in my twenties were the 1990’s. Buffalo had everything sports wise going on with all kinds of sports teams in the 1990’s. We had professional soccer, roller hockey, arena football. Look at Canisius College that I am alum of. Griffs basketball is scary bad and few fans at KAC a glorified high school gym that doesn’t say Buffalo is happening anymore. Canisius College can’t afford Key Bank Center because Buffalo is broke and quit on college basketball locally because they are broke. If you don’t have enough people in the Western New York population to write a $150 check for Griffs season tickets you are falling as a Western New York community. Again giving the Buffalo Bills $10,000 PSL’s doesn’t say Buffalo is happening when we have far more of everything else sports wise attendance is flat or really declining in Griffs basketball numbers case.

Today as a 55 year old I am being told Buffalo is happening today. But we can’t afford USL soccer on the professional level we are working on. What is that? It’s a joke amateur soccer isn’t professional the level is terrible. I saw Tony Meola play for the Buffalo Blizzard NPSL indoor soccer that was paid professional soccer. Yet today indoor soccer went on without Buffalo even tiny Utica has a team in the MASL indoor soccer not Buffalo. We can’t afford it. We don’t need to play the San Diego Sockers or St Louis Ambush or the Kansas City Comets or Milwaukee Wave or Harrisburg Heat we have Bills Mafia and are happening successful city we have Terry Pegula who has zero vision just a taker of public money. We are a mess and our wealthy continue to not live in Western New York or invest just what can they suck out of Western New York.

Again when investors are more interested in the metropolitan city’s of Quad City Steamwheelers in Moline, Illinois, Des Moines, Iowa the Iowa Barnstormers are Phoenix, Arizona with the Arizona Rattlers and the San Diego, California, San Diego Strikeforce you know Buffalo isn’t happening as a place to invest in sports wise or anything in anymore. We wonder why we are always coming up short and are disappointed because those other cities have more investment from there wealthy people that actually live there not all in Florida like Buffalo. All our Buffalo area sports teams are owned by two families Terry Pegula and Bob Rich they are both in Florida. Inside Buffalo investment is zip we aren’t happening even with the wasteful billion dollar tunnel to no where just plain old money laundering and play for pay nothing changes but the year in Western New York that is the truth in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

My after college years in my twenties were the 1990’s. Buffalo had everything sports wise going on with all kinds of sports teams in the 1990’s. We had professional soccer, roller hockey, arena football. Look at Canisius College that I am alum of. Griffs basketball is scary bad and few fans at KAC a glorified high school gym that doesn’t say Buffalo is happening anymore. Canisius College can’t afford Key Bank Center because Buffalo is broke and quit on college basketball locally because they are broke. If you don’t have enough people in the Western New York population to write a $150 check for Griffs season tickets you are falling as a Western New York community. Again giving the Buffalo Bills $10,000 PSL’s doesn’t say Buffalo is happening when we have far more of everything else sports wise attendance is flat or really declining in Griffs basketball numbers case.

Today as a 55 year old I am being told Buffalo is happening today. But we can’t afford USL soccer on the professional level we are working on. What is that? It’s a joke amateur soccer isn’t professional the level is terrible. I saw Tony Meola play for the Buffalo Blizzard NPSL indoor soccer that was paid professional soccer. Yet today indoor soccer went on without Buffalo even tiny Utica has a team in the MASL indoor soccer not Buffalo. We can’t afford it. We don’t need to play the San Diego Sockers or St Louis Ambush or the Kansas City Comets or Milwaukee Wave or Harrisburg Heat we have Bills Mafia and are happening successful city we have Terry Pegula who has zero vision just a taker of public money. We are a mess and our wealthy continue to not live in Western New York or invest just what can they suck out of Western New York.

Again when investors are more interested in the metropolitan city’s of Quad City Steamwheelers in Moline, Illinois, Des Moines, Iowa the Iowa Barnstormers are Phoenix, Arizona with the Arizona Rattlers and the San Diego, California, San Diego Strikeforce you know Buffalo isn’t happening as a place to invest in sports wise or anything in anymore. We wonder why we are always coming up short and are disappointed because those other cities have more investment from there wealthy people that actually live there not all in Florida like Buffalo. All our Buffalo area sports teams are owned by two families Terry Pegula and Bob Rich they are both in Florida. Inside Buffalo investment is zip we aren’t happening even with the wasteful billion dollar tunnel to no where just plain old money laundering and play for pay nothing changes but the year in Western New York that is the truth in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

BLo seems like a great city, but you're right that it may not be the investment opportunity some people wish it was.

It's certainly not comparable to Phoenix or San Diego. I have no idea about Moline or Des Moines.

So don't act like it's crazy that the Pegulas don't want to spend more on a big domed stadium downtown.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

You lost me at soccer.   But seriously, the cure isn't to write a check to Canisius, the cure is to vote for other leadership. 

Rich people don't live here because A.  They'd rather play golf everyday of the year than suffer through 6 months of winter and B.  Not have half of their money stolen by the state.

I love where we live because I was born here but I'd have a mansion in Florida asap if I were a billionaire.

Edited by thenorthremembers

On 3/18/2023 at 1:19 AM, Buffalo Super Fan said:

If Buffalo is this great football town and sports town that is on the so called economic rise why have we not been picked by leagues like this IFL? The IFL has the Green Bay Blizzard and Arizona (Phoenix) Rattlers are NFL cities and in the 1990’s Buffalo we were picked for leagues like this? I Was a Buffalo season ticket holder of most of these Buffalo franchises. 1992 Buffalo Bandits MILL indoor lacrosse winter league, 1992-93 Buffalo Blizzard NPSL indoor soccer, 1994 Buffalo Stampede RHI Roller Hockey, 1997 Buffalo Wings RHI Roller Hockey, 1997 Buffalo Gamblers OLA indoor lacrosse summer league, 1999 Buffalo Destroyers Arena Football League. Again if Buffalo was happening like the 1990’s we would be in some of these leagues. We are actually worse off economically than the 1990’s in Buffalo in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Because no one wants to watch minor league indoor football. How many sports do you expect people in WNY to support? (or not support?)

14 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

You lost me at soccer.   But seriously, the cure isn't to write a check to Canisius, the cure is to vote for other leadership. 

Rich people don't live here because A.  They'd rather play golf everyday of the year than suffer through 6 months of winter and B.  Not have half of their money stolen by the state.

I love where we live because I was born here but I'd have a mansion in Florida asap if I were a billionaire.

Speaking of soccer I believe this is correct Buffalo is the largest city in America today with no professional soccer on any kind outdoor men’s, women’s and no indoor soccer either. That screams volumes this city of Buffalo isn’t taken seriously for the future growth right now. Look at the sport building boom today was soccer specific stadiums. We aren’t a good risk for private investment kinda of proves my point we aren’t happening at this time more needs to be done. If there was any chance for MLS that new Buffalo Bills stadium would have been built downtown but there isn’t any chance for Buffalo MLS soccer which is sad. Terry Pegula could offer $1 billion dollars to MLS for a Buffalo soccer franchise and MLS would most likely say no. Because Buffalo isn’t happening in the next 25 to 30 years which is really sad.

Also we need Buffalo local young wealthy people to reinvest in this area that call Buffalo there home. Forget Terry Pegula and Bob Rich the over 71 years for Pegula and over 80 years old for Rich they aren’t the future of Buffalo. Buffalo regardless of the Buffalo Bills decision to stay in Orchard Park needs some kind of Buffalo rectangular stadium again something that Buffalo haven’t had since closing War Memorial Stadium in 1988. 

Again the Kennington Tunnel for $1 billion dollars is a bad investment. What is New York State going to do charge people $5 to use the tunnel to get into and out of Buffalo? You know that is most likely coming to recoup the bad investment of the $1 billion dollars. That $1 billion dollars would have been better used on smaller scale projects. Buffalo needs to build a small rectangular stadium for concerts in Buffalo downtown some where 10,000 to 15,000 for a professional level Buffalo USL soccer franchise, to use for concerts and outdoor activities. Rochester has that a rectangular stadium and Buffalo doesn’t. I would build that not the outer harbor concert amphitheater that has no seating bowl and is just grass that screams Harbor Center which is useless because it’s to small to really host anything.

I would also invest in more entertainment down there at Canalside like more amusement park rides like the old Crystal Beach Comet roller coaster and more adult rides. Buffalo Canalside needs to be more like Brooklyn’s Coney Island or Old Crystal Beach build the new Buffalo rectangular soccer/concert stadium inside the Canalside amusement park. Again it’s too empty down there now that needs to have a lot more entertainment for the Buffalo summer season. That wouldn’t cost $1 billion dollars and would be a better infrastructure investment to change this city’s of Buffalo’s awful image nationally. We need to clean up Lake Erie so people can swim that is something I would invest in along with building more boardwalks and laying down sand for a beach front before the tunnel to no where. 

I think long term Buffalo needs to connect into Toronto and Southern Ontario that is our future getting them to spend there money here more than now for the weekends because Toronto is growing along with the skyline with skyscrapers. Forget New York City there tone deaf to Western New York needs and tunnel isn’t doing really anything it shows the tone deaf disconnect in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Vomit 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Because no one wants to watch minor league indoor football. How many sports do you expect people in WNY to support? (or not support?)

Because my point is you don’t have investment in Buffalo privately it is mostly public from the state of New York. As for the minor league football comment we need programming in Key Bank Center if we are ever going to get that arena renovated in the future. I disagree the Buffalo Destroyers outdrew UB, Canisius and Niagara basketball combined most nights. Also if Buffalo was this great football town we would have arena football. Green Bay, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Jacksonville, Dallas, Bay Area have indoor football franchises with more NFL cities to come. If Buffalo can’t attract a franchise in the New Restarted Arena Football League starting next season that is adding 16 new franchises what the heck does it say about Buffalo? We have no professional sports but the Buffalo Bisons IL baseball in the summer months.

Also forget the Buffalo college sports it just isn’t happening. Buffalo drew more with Buffalo Blizzard and Buffalo Destroyers than college basketball today that is a fact. Even the Bonnies don’t outdraw what Buffalo drew in the 1990’s in arena football or indoor soccer. I know I was there for all of it. Some one could start the Buffalo Destroyers, Buffalo Blizzard, Buffalo Stallions tomorrow they all would outdraw Western New York mid major college basketball look it up. I know I watched the doubleheader basketball games dying a slow death as the Buffalo Bandits and Buffalo Blizzard were beating the hell out of the Little Three then Big 4 basketball games on prime Saturday nights they couldn’t draw $5 for two basketball games and free parking at Buffalo Memorial Auditorium. When the Buffalo Blizzard, Buffalo Stampede and Buffalo Destroyers were in Buffalo. I was at UB Bulls East Coast Conference and Mid Con Conference games with 500 people for a game against Youngstown State I thought then as I still do that college sports is a heavy lift for Buffalo. Those UB Bulls basketball Nate Oats teams and Griffs basketball with John Beilein couldn’t put 15,000 like the Buffalo Bandits last night that is reality. Buffalo will like the Buffalo Destroyers again trust me playing other major league cities that Buffalo sports fans can relate too. Even the Buffalo Stampede drew a good 5,000 in Buffalo Memorial Auditorium in the summer time and over 14,000 for the RHI Murphy Cup championship game. That 14,000 is more fans than Syracuse against UB Bulls in the Big 4 basketball game at Marine Midland Arena and more than Canisius vs Kentucky at Marine Midland Arena. Those two disappointing crowds is what finished off the Big 4 doubleheader program restart at Marine Midland Arena. The Arena lost big time on paying Syracuse and Kentucky the money to come to Buffalo and for whatever reason Buffalo fans didn’t go like they had hoped. I was there it was pretty sad. The Buffalo Destroyers were sold to Columbus, Ohio when Mark Hamister who was a terrible owner when it came to running a professional sports franchise when he didn’t get the Buffalo Sabres he took his football and went home. The Buffalo Blizzard John Belanti unfortunately got sick so he folded the Buffalo Blizzard. 

Buffalo isn’t a college sports town anymore. I am saying yes I think the Buffalo Destroyers would outdraw all four Big 4 basketball programs combined attendance today like the Buffalo Bandits do today because Buffalo likes professional sports where players get traded and coaches get fired. Plus last point if a Western New Yorker didn’t go to one of those 4 Big 4 schools or if they did they are already rooting for someone there not going to root for someone else locally school wise if they went to school somewhere else. The Buffalo Destroyers are safe because you aren’t rooting against your school you went too. Sure there are some Buffalo fans like me that went to Canisius but grew up going to all four schools games but there aren’t enough of fans like that in Buffalo. The Buffalo Destroyers or a Buffalo professional soccer team would outdraw all of the Buffalo Big 4 basketball teams combined because we aren’t a college sports town anymore at least not for mid major college sports we aren’t. Trust me it hurts me to say that but it’s reality. And none of the schools are interested in Power 5 athletics and I don’t ever see that changing. Buffalo needs programming for the renovation of Key Bank Center to make the numbers work. The soccer team needs to be apart of Canalside development soccer specific stadium which I mentioned above. College sports are always going to struggle in Western New York on the mid major level. The Buffalo Destroyers are a safer bet plus it keeps football year around which is a good thing. The Buffalo Bills are going to become not affordable to a lot of Buffalo fans in 2026.

UB Bulls football it’s the mid major college deal, mostly directional Ohio and Michigan schools. Not in the big league professional cities that Buffalo sports fans are use to like Phoenix, San Diego, Las Vegas, Jacksonville, Orlando, Dallas etc. Las Vegas has three professional football teams today right now in the NFL, IFL and XFL. I think Buffalo would do better than 6,000 last night at the Vegas Vipers XFL football game in Las Vegas. If Buffalo can’t do 6,000 in some minor league football we aren’t the football city everyone thinks and definitely proving my point Buffalo isn’t happening economically anymore like even the 1990’s it’s all propaganda by our Western New York politicians with Buffalo residents parroting the talking points they hear and read in the news locally but with no basis of reality in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

13 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

BSF... your here purely for entertainment purposes right?

I am here to tell it like it is this Buffalo area isn’t happening sports wise anymore we haven’t had much added since the 1990’s. If Buffalo was happening we wouldn’t have a empty Key Bank Center with the opposing team fans. The Boston Bruins game was a disgrace Sunday afternoon. That use to be filled with Buffalo Blizzard indoor soccer and Buffalo Destroyers Arena football and Big 4 college basketball games fans. Less isn’t more both our Bills and Sabres attendance is down today from the 1990’s. So much for well if all these smaller Buffalo teams go away the Bills and Sabres attendance will go up they actually went down out of sight out of mind. Fans were used to going to Key Bank Center for live sports entertainment back then not just Buffalo Sabres and Buffalo Bandits. 

Look at Buffalo in 1990’s look at Buffalo today? We have less sports teams and we aren’t happening regardless of what a few Bills Mafia fans think this area doesn’t attract start up sports teams hence we don’t have anything happening. Sports is always good indicator of how an area is doing economically. Do Buffalo sports fans realize the indoor soccer teams went on without the Buffalo Blizzard. The Milwaukee Wave, Baltimore Blast, St Louis Ambush, Kansas City Comets, Harrisburg Heat all went on still in business 22 years later without Buffalo. You will know when Buffalo is improving when these leagues come knocking on Buffalo’s door again. We haven’t had a knock since 1999 Buffalo Destroyers Arena football wake up. We can’t attract a professional soccer team everyone but Buffalo has one that doesn’t say Buffalo is on the up swing economically smoke and mirrors. It’s an embarrassment that I read Buffalo posters thinking Buffalo is happening today how? The new Buffalo Bills stadium? That will sit empty 350 days a year. Our Key Bank Center that attracts nothing today the Buffalo Blizzard team office was by the elevators is storage today for the Buffalo Sabres wake up PSE is a terrible manager of Key Bank Center they don’t attract investment and startups teams to Buffalo. PSE has not added one sports team to Key Bank Center there slum lord owners. They aren’t Seymour and Norty Knox they were sports men. Terry Pegula is a taker that leaches off other business people sports vision Terry Pegula is a bum. Terry Pegula isn’t doing anything for that new Bills Stadium but hosting 10 Buffalo Bills games a year there on our dime wake up we need new owners that aren’t slum lords that might try to improve Western New York instead of takers which is what PSE are takers. Terry Pegula is a bum until proven otherwise. I will be the first to admit I am wrong on this board. I dare PSE to start a new Buffalo franchise it will never happen he even started one in Rochester the Rochester Knighthawks forget Buffalo where most of his sports holdings are he is a taking bum who leaches off other business people’s vision like Ralph Wilson and the Knox Brothers in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

16 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I am here to tell it like it is this Buffalo area isn’t happening sports wise anymore we haven’t had much added since the 1990’s. If Buffalo was happening we wouldn’t have a empty Key Bank Center with the opposing team fans. The Boston Bruins game was a disgrace Sunday afternoon. That use to be filled with Buffalo Blizzard indoor soccer and Buffalo Destroyers Arena football and Big 4 college basketball games fans. Less isn’t more both our Bills and Sabres attendance is down today from the 1990’s. So much for well if all these smaller Buffalo teams go away the Bills and Sabres attendance will go up they actually went down out of sight out of mind. Fans were used to going to Key Bank Center for live sports entertainment back then not just Buffalo Sabres and Buffalo Bandits. 

Look at Buffalo in 1990’s look at Buffalo today? We have less sports teams and we aren’t happening regardless of what a few Bills Mafia fans think this area doesn’t attract start up sports teams hence we don’t have anything happening. Sports is always good indicator of how an area is doing economically. Do Buffalo sports fans realize the indoor soccer teams went on without the Buffalo Blizzard. The Milwaukee Wave, Baltimore Blast, St Louis Ambush, Kansas City Comets, Harrisburg Heat all went on still in business 22 years later without Buffalo. You will know when Buffalo is improving when these leagues come knocking on Buffalo’s door again. We haven’t had a knock since 1999 Buffalo Destroyers Arena football wake up. We can’t attract a professional soccer team everyone but Buffalo has one that doesn’t say Buffalo is on the up swing economically smoke and mirrors. It’s an embarrassment that I read Buffalo posters thinking Buffalo is happening today how? The new Buffalo Bills stadium? That will sit empty 350 days a year. Our Key Bank Center that attracts nothing today the Buffalo Blizzard team office was by the elevators is storage today for the Buffalo Sabres wake up PSE is a terrible manager of Key Bank Center they don’t attract investment and startups teams to Buffalo. PSE has not added one sports team to Key Bank Center there slum lord owners. They aren’t Seymour and Norty Knox they were sports men. Terry Pegula is a taker that leaches off other business people sports vision Terry Pegula is a bum. Terry Pegula isn’t doing anything for that new Bills Stadium but hosting 10 Buffalo Bills games a year there on our dime wake up we need new owners that aren’t slum lords that might try to improve Western New York instead of takers which is what PSE are takers. Terry Pegula is a bum until proven otherwise. I will be the first to admit I am wrong on this board. I dare PSE to start a new Buffalo franchise it will never happen he even started one in Rochester the Rochester Knighthawks forget Buffalo where most of his sports holdings are he is a taking bum who leaches off other business people’s vision like Ralph Wilson and the Knox Brothers in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

What are your thoughts on Terry Pegula?

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

so you see terry pegula as a bit of a father figure?

• Haha (+1) 1

No I dare Terry Pegula to start a new Buffalo team of his own that he created like Ralph Wilson and Seymour and Norty Knox did.  I will be the first to say I am wrong about Terry Pegula if he does it? It isn’t happening because Terry Pegula is a taker with no real creativity he isn’t capable. BSF are you saying Terry Pegula sucks compared to Ralph Wilson and the Knox Brothers? Yes. Harbor Center never brought Buffalo OHL major junior hockey or anything that wasn’t already here in Buffalo. The NHL draft combined that is about it for Harbor Center it is too small 2,000 to house anything but little league hockey and low level college hockey Canisius College.

Ralph Wilson created a Buffalo AFL football franchise in a new start up league and won a championship in 4 years. The Knox brothers started the Buffalo Sabres NHL, Buffalo Bandits NLL and co founded the Buffalo Blizzard NPSL indoor soccer with Bob Rich. The Sabres went to the finals and lost to the Philadelphia Flyers in year 5 from start up. The Bandits were champions in year one and two from start up. The Blizzard were playoffs year one losing to the great Cleveland Crunch teams with Otto Orf, Hector Marinaro and Zoran Karic. The Blizzard folded after year 9 by John Belanti who bought the team then he became ill and then passed away. Terry Pegula is a bad owner and creates nothing really original sports wise he isn’t capable. He is capable of hiring bad coaches, over paying players and coaches.

What the Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres spent on coaches not to coach the Buffalo Blizzard soccer team would be fully funded for 10 years if not more. PSE doesn’t care because there corporate ownership using your money to spend and waste while creating nothing legacy wise for the city they are taking from. What is Terry Pegula legacy besides $1.1 billion dollars it’s $850 million BSF? No it isn’t it’s $1.1 billion dollars over the 30 year lease. Western New York has to care for the new stadium for 30 years. Trust me Terry Pegula isn’t a savior or special he is a bum who is clueless how to win anything or create anything legacy wise Ralph Wilson and the Knox Brothers were sports men not Terry Pegula corporate owner that takes more than he gives back he isn’t a old school sports owner in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.