Steelers Humor

BobbyC81

22 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

See, this is what I meant when I said "hate" was the appropriate descriptive of some Bills fans sentiments.

I don't hate him at all. I'm talking about what the Steelers' fan reactions would be. That's your delusional assessment. I don't think he's anything more than a gadget player and you can't argue his affinity for untimely drops that somehow seem to find the defenders. He could have stayed, but it doesn't hurt that he's gone. 

I'm just glad that he no longer here not that he's not a good person because he was a great "Team" guy but the Bills have this thing for keeping guys around that don't produce as they should & i know i'm beating a dead horse but if Hodgins was given the reps last season that Mckenzie was i think there would have been a better return of the money .

That and the WR room may not be in as much of a need as it looks now . Apples to apples the amount of production of the 2 and the possibility if Hodgins would have been given more games to play i think him being 6' 3" tall and 200+ would have been a better choice but that horse has left the stable .

I'm sure someone will pick up Mckenzie & he will be used like the Bills did hell Dabol may even pick him up .

3 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Pittsburgh probably has too many 'sauerkraut und schnitzel' joints.  BBQ might elevate the place. 🤔

It’s gotten ridiculous hasn’t it?  I didn’t see the thing censored but i grew up very close to the area , tri state area of Ohio/ w.va/ pa. Area along the Ohio area., so i know the very common, innocuous probable short term for a really common food in that area. It’s not hate speech, every person w common sense knows that.  Man, there are some great cooks/ cooking in that area. And absolutely so many great people who take care of their neighbors.. MISS the area now being in Florida . ESP the pristine snow around Christmas as i lived in the country between farms.  

Grandparents were directly from Czechoslovakia, and they had a tradition of dumplings w sauerkraut on New Year’s Day,,,,was great stuff to grow up on, no fast food or Uber eats in those days.   Yeah, I’m sure everybody jumps to slurs immediately when talking about food. 😄. My grandfather who was a coal miner, became mayor of his small town , never missed work, must be rolling over in his grave seeing how soft the country has become. There were so many ethnic communities , and the nicknames and jokes were common and funny and everybody still got along. Miss those days!   May Mackenzie enjoy the area if he lands there!    Thx for the memories!  

Looks like Bill Belicheck has a sense of humor too:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-isaiah-mckenzie-release-cut-rumors-new-england-patriots-bill-belichick-free-agency

Patriots head coach Bill Belichick is well-versed in McKenzie’s abilities, as well as his versatility. When asked about the Bills’ wideout on Friday, Belichick offered the following insight to reporters:

“He's an explosive player,” Belichick said. “Very explosive. [He’s a] Home run guy in the return game and, offensively, he gets the ball in space. He's very quick, elusive, and if he gets a crease, he can make a big play, go all the way. He's a dynamic returner … he's a guy who can break the game open with one play.”

While New England recently signed former Kansas City Chiefs wideout JuJu Smith-Schuster, and still employs Kendrick Bourne, the appeal of adding a slot/gadget receiver such as McKenzie may once again be worth a look for New England.

50 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I would be interested in seeing what variations McKenzie could bring to the 'pulling a Jakobi Meyers' play.  Also, New England could use more BBQ joints.  Everything now is just 'CHOW-dah'.

13 hours ago, MJS said:

McKenzie isn't a bad player. He could go to a lesser team and be a reasonable player for them. He just isn't good enough for a superbowl contender like the Bills other than for the occasional package. Maybe he could go to the Steelers and do alright.

Agree.  Actually already happened with the guy McKenzie was kept over (Ray Ray Mcleod).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.