Steelers Humor

BobbyC81

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2023/03/17/steelers-bills-nfl-iaiah-mckenzie/

"Isaiah McKenzie is the veteran slot WR the Steelers need

The Pittsburgh Steelers have a strong tandem of outside wide receivers in Diontae Johnson and George Pickens. What the Steelers are lacking is a slot receiver who can be a consistent threat in the passing game. With the news the Buffalo Bills had released wide receiver Isaiah McKenzie, a player is not [sic] available who could fill that role perfectly for the Steelers.

McKenzie saw multiple career highs in 2022. McKenzie started eight games and finished with 42 receptions for 423 yards and five total touchdowns. McKenzie has also proven to be a talented kick and punt returner when called upon to do so.

The Steelers currently have Steven Sims Jr. as a restricted free agent and Pittsburgh did not tender him. The Steelers also have Gunner Olszewski who the Steelers could save $2 million by cutting him.

We would much rather see the Steelers sign McKenzie, let Sims and Olszewski leave and then draft a fourth receiver in the middle rounds of the 2023 NFL draft. Let us know in the comments if you would like to see Pittsburgh try to sign McKenzie."

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 2

McKenzie isn't a bad player. He could go to a lesser team and be a reasonable player for them. He just isn't good enough for a superbowl contender like the Bills other than for the occasional package. Maybe he could go to the Steelers and do alright.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5

McKenzie in the Steelers offense from last year……..huge addition if used the right way.

why is every fat ass no talent fan always so quick to criticize any nfl player as not being good enough? 
they are in the nfl……any player in the nfl is good enough. Let’s see any of you do a 1/16th of what Mckenzie can. 

fandumb lol

Edited by UncleMonkeyHead
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, UncleMonkeyHead said:

McKenzie in the Steelers offense from last year……..huge addition if used the right way.

why is every fat ass no talent fan always so quick to criticize any nfl player as not being good enough? 
they are in the nfl……any player in the nfl is good enough. Let’s see any of you do a 1/16th of what Mckenzie can. 

fandumb lol

McKenzie is extremely talented but might not fit what we are looking for now .., post WR FA signing

he is very talented with the ball in his hands , a very good kick returner and a solid punt returner 

his route running has not developed as much which is left us needing more at the 3-4 as a receiver 

he’s a great team player and a great fit for Pitt 

2 hours ago, UncleMonkeyHead said:

fandumb lol

I think everyone understands that criticism of players is made in the relative nfl world. 

What McKenzie makes in his next contract will reflect where he ranks in the NFL. 

he didn’t get the job done here in critical situations and the bills are exploring other options, I.e. wasn’t good enough.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Posted on Steelers Wire on USAToday.com:

”Isaiah McKenzie is the veteran slot WR the Steelers need”.  😂

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2023/03/17/chiefs-free-agency-isaiah-mckenzie-enticing-return-option-market/

In his career with the Bills, McKenzie has 137 catches for 1,316 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns, proving he can be a solid receiving option while also serving up special teams value. While the Bills had other options alongside McKenzie, the 27-year-old receiver definitely did the heavy lifting most years on kick and punt returns and even brought a punt back 84 yards for a touchdown in 2020.

Now that's genuinely humorous

Edited by Beck Water

37 minutes ago, H2o said:

Let him drop a pass that so gratuitously lands right in a defender's hands a couple times. They'll be looking to tie a couple cinderblocks to his feet and dump him in one of the three rivers.  

No, he'll fit right in.

On another note, I always thought Sims had some juice, but assume he's got some other issues since they're not hanging onto him.

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

His problem is catching the football consistently,  same as Gabe.

We need the good hands people because last year was ridiculous. 

It just killed the offense. 

I wish McKenzie well in Pittsburgh ....I recommend a 4 year deal, 50 mil. :w00t:

I don't suppose their catch % has any meaning for you.  Have you found your wallet yet?

I don't suppose the names around them on drop % have any meaning for you either

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2022/receiving_advanced.htm

Davis 9.7% just a little better than Darius Slayton 9.9% and a bit worse than Deebo Samuel 9.7%

McKenzie 9.6% just a little better than Deebo Samuel and a bit worse than Amari Cooper 9.1%  and Courtland Sutton 8.3%

Should they have dropped less sure.  The Bills as a team had a high drop %.  Maybe it has something to do with a QB who doesn't like to throw with touch, especially when it's cold and wet?

The biggest offender on the Bills was actually Devin Singletary with 11.5% and a bunch of announcers saying "he's got to catch throws like that", but I never hear him taken to task here

5 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

McKenzie is extremely talented but might not fit what we are looking for now .., post WR FA signing

he is very talented with the ball in his hands , a very good kick returner and a solid punt returner 

his route running has not developed as much which is left us needing more at the 3-4 as a receiver 

he’s a great team player and a great fit for Pitt 

I actually thought his route running had developed quite a lot, shows what I know I guess?  I think the real problem for him is reading zone D and chosing option routes

Also sometimes between him and Gabe Davis, someone was running the wrong route 'cuz too often, they wound up too close together in a way unlikely to be the play design.  Can't tell you who (didn't always look to be McKenzie but that's just a guess)

Edited by Beck Water

6 hours ago, UncleMonkeyHead said:

fandumb lol

Well... to be fair, you hear stuff from slim ass, some talent fans too.  But neither of them can typically do what NFL players can do. 

Anyone drafted in the NFL (or signed as an UDFA) are at the far upper edge of the bell curve for athleticism in the population.  We all know someone who was The Man, the most amazing athlete no one else in the area could keep up with or cover.  And sometimes that guy turns out to be Zeke Elliot, but more often that guy can't cut the mustard in DII ball.  Been there, seen that.

Brandolini's Law aka the "bull#### Asymmetry Principle", applies here: "The amount of energy needed to refute bull#### is an order of magnitude bigger than that needed to produce it."  So sometimes the criticism is over the top, off base, and ill founded, sure, and those fans would better keep quiet.

But fundamentally, in all walks of life, people who can't themselves do it feel free to criticize those who can (project managers, lawyers, teachers, mechanics, plumbers, etc).  Do you think, as a principle, that no one should criticize someone else if they can't do it themselves?  I can't do concrete work myself.  The contractors who repaired our front steps once did an incredibly poor job.  I don't think I needed to be a concrete contractor to see that it was poorly done by about half a dozen objective criteria, starting with the fact that the steps were higher at the front than the back when they were done, instead of level or slightly sloped to the front for drainage.  I don't think doctors or lawyers or contractors should be above criticism simply because the critics can't do it themselves.  You? 

Same thing - fans should be able to criticize sports figures even if they can't do it themselves.  But it's more appropriate if the criticism isn't founded on sweeping generalizations, and has some basis in objective reality.  A 5'7" 170 lb WR doesn't stay in the league 6 years by being bad at football.  The Bills think they found someone better at what they want McKenzie to do, so they moved on - Time Will Tell.

Edited by Beck Water

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Let him drop a pass that so gratuitously lands right in a defender's hands a couple times. They'll be looking to tie a couple cinderblocks to his feet and dump him in one of the three rivers.  

See, this is what I meant when I said "hate" was the appropriate descriptive of some Bills fans sentiments.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.