Lamar Jackson as TV analyst? It’s logical.

BringBackFergy

8 hours ago, chongli said:

Shannon Sharpe, OJ, and Jim Kelly were not good at public speaking either, but they are or were in the broadcast media.

Nothing to give back as he has not accepted the tag offer yet. He is free to retire and do another job (except play pro football).

Have you heard Lamar speak?  Jim Kelly ,  who didn’t last long in his role in broadcast booth because he was bad,  was quite a bit more articulate 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Sure, let's put Lamar on TV. He and Leodis McKelvin could be the new Joe Buck and Troy Aikman. The new Nance and Romo. 

Buck and Aikman suck!

Almost all NFL commentating crews nowadays suck.  There used to be a LOT of good play by play guys. 

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Buck and Aikman suck!

Almost all NFL commentating crews nowadays suck.  There used to be a LOT of good play by play guys. 

At least you can understand what they're saying. Lamar on TV would be like 3 hours of the inner city version of Farmer Fran from the Waterboy. 

13 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Think about it - He’s been shopping his wares but it seems the NFL GM’s know either he is injury prone or all the teams have a QB1 in mind. 

Lamar has to know this and he gave it a good shot. So I’m wondering if he’s considering a broadcasting/communications sabbatical to let his body heal.

He’s an NFL MVP, playoff QB with several accolades. He could provide some sound in-depth analysis on FOX or CBS. Even Amazon. Not play by play, but maybe on field commentary or halftime, booth analysis or in studio.

He would get signed to a 3 yr / $60 million broadcasting contract in a heartbeat. He’s young enough to heal up while doing game analysis and then re-enter the NFL and fund his retirement. 

Just a thought. 

It's a bad thought. You don't maintain elite skills NOT playing. It's like people who say someone should sign Colin Kaepernick. He can't play QB in the NFL anymore after missing 4-5 seasons. The muscle memory is gone.

Jackson is a great player, and it would be a big loss to all of us fans if he decamped to the broadcast booth.  He's one of the most talented offensive players in the NFL.  He's a very good passer and a great runner.  Do you really think he's going to toss away the chance to keep playing a game he loves?  

1 hour ago, CoudyBills said:

Had to read that 3 times...need more coffee maybe

I am not having a good morning myself. For my workout a completely messed up the rep scheme, I did twice the work I should have even though I wrote down the workout correctly

14 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Think about it - He’s been shopping his wares but it seems the NFL GM’s know either he is injury prone or all the teams have a QB1 in mind. 

Lamar has to know this and he gave it a good shot. So I’m wondering if he’s considering a broadcasting/communications sabbatical to let his body heal.

He’s an NFL MVP, playoff QB with several accolades. He could provide some sound in-depth analysis on FOX or CBS. Even Amazon. Not play by play, but maybe on field commentary or halftime, booth analysis or in studio.

He would get signed to a 3 yr / $60 million broadcasting contract in a heartbeat. He’s young enough to heal up while doing game analysis and then re-enter the NFL and fund his retirement. 

Just a thought. 

Thank you for that mental image and laugh this morning.

10 hours ago, chongli said:

Well, on their Wonderlic tests that the NFL used (arguably a measure of intelligence), Dan Marino, Terry Bradshaw, and Jim Kelly all scored 15, which is only two points higher than Lamar's. The former three each went on to become TV analysts.

They knew they were early first round locks. They blew it off. It's kind of common knowledge 40 years later...

If Lamar's mother were not his agent, he would never have taken the test. I mean, lets be honest, it was thrown away permanently because of politics.

Edited by SmokinES3
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.