Lamar Jackson as TV analyst? It’s logical.

BringBackFergy

26 minutes ago, benderbender said:

We're supposed to forget that only QBs who are accused of sexual assault over a score of times are allowed to have a guaranteed contract so Lamar is just being unreasonable. But Browns ownership is doing great and the NFL that stood by and let it happen shouldn't get any heat for it. 

Well each franchise has the right to do stupid things. The Browns seem to be adept at that. Watson to me shouldn’t be able to play this year. His suspension should have been longer. But he has his rights apparently to make a living.I think many NFL fans aren’t too excited about it.
Having said that it appears Lamar has miscalculated his worth. And other teams would be foolish to give him a contract offer while being 💯 percent unable to make other FA moves. The Ravens have played this well since Lamar turned down very appropriate offers.

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Think about it - He’s been shopping his wares but it seems the NFL GM’s know either he is injury prone or all the teams have a QB1 in mind. 

Lamar has to know this and he gave it a good shot. So I’m wondering if he’s considering a broadcasting/communications sabbatical to let his body heal.

He’s an NFL MVP, playoff QB with several accolades. He could provide some sound in-depth analysis on FOX or CBS. Even Amazon. Not play by play, but maybe on field commentary or halftime, booth analysis or in studio.

He would get signed to a 3 yr / $60 million broadcasting contract in a heartbeat. He’s young enough to heal up while doing game analysis and then re-enter the NFL and fund his retirement. 

Just a thought. 

Lamar”s public speaking talents are way below his athletic abilities .  He is not a good candidate for the broadcast booth

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Not play by play, but maybe on field commentary or halftime, booth analysis or in studio.

This is one heck of a good idea.

I can see him being paired up with one of the attractive female types down on the sideline, with some witty banter and flirting between them.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Lamar”s public speaking talents are way below his athletic abilities .  He is not a good candidate for the broadcast booth

Shannon Sharpe, OJ, and Jim Kelly were not good at public speaking either, but they are or were in the broadcast media.

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Good question.  I believe franchise tags are fully guaranteed, but probably not against retirement, so he'd have to give his $32.6M back to take the $20M/yr gig you suggest.  I think he can do that math.

Nothing to give back as he has not accepted the tag offer yet. He is free to retire and do another job (except play pro football).

Edited by chongli
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, benderbender said:

We're supposed to forget that only QBs who are accused of sexual assault over a score of times are allowed to have a guaranteed contract so Lamar is just being unreasonable. But Browns ownership is doing great and the NFL that stood by and let it happen shouldn't get any heat for it. 

This is not relevant. The Cleveland contract was viewed as a gross mistake by all the other teams, but they and the NFL were powerless to stop it.

• Like (+1) 1

Already have enough ex sports people that don’t belong on tv. 

lamar will get a big life changing contract as soon as he realizes he isn’t going to get the contract he wants to demand. That or he will retire young because nobody is going to give him 250 full guarantee. He ain’t worth it. 

Edited by Scott7975

2 hours ago, Kiva said:

You really think hes intelligent enough to be a tv analyst?

Well, on their Wonderlic tests that the NFL used (arguably a measure of intelligence), Dan Marino, Terry Bradshaw, and Jim Kelly all scored 15, which is only two points higher than Lamar's. The former three each went on to become TV analysts.

• Thank you (+1) 3

5 hours ago, chongli said:

Well, on their Wonderlic tests that the NFL used (arguably a measure of intelligence), Dan Marino, Terry Bradshaw, and Jim Kelly all scored 15, which is only two points higher than Lamar's. The former three each went on to become TV analysts.

Analysts, yes. Were any of the three given industry-leading salaries as analysts? I honestly don't know the answer to that, but I do know that the only one still doing much analysis has carved out a schtick as kind of a knowledgeable buffoon. He's not stupid, but he has to act like he is.

People in this thread aren't just saying that Lamar will get a broadcasting gig, but that he'll get $20M a year to do it. 

I find that highly doubtful. I guess it's possible that we may see at some point. I'm guessing that point will be after his career ends, in probably eight to fifteen years depending how things go for him.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

So, I guess a sixty million dollar  broadcasting job  isn’t enough to fund his retirement then,  this is why they are called Highdeas…,

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

Analysts, yes. Were any of the three given industry-leading salaries as analysts? I honestly don't know the answer to that, but I do know that the only one still doing much analysis has carved out a schtick as kind of a knowledgeable buffoon. He's not stupid, but he has to act like he is.

People in this thread aren't just saying that Lamar will get a broadcasting gig, but that he'll get $20M a year to do it. 

I find that highly doubtful. I guess it's possible that we may see at some point. I'm guessing that point will be after his career ends, in probably eight to fifteen years depending how things go for him.

He has lived in the heads of most talk show hosts for the last 6 months. He would be a huge ratings draw for any network broadcasting NFL games. 

Even at $10 million per year x 10 years in the booth or sidelines, he’s way ahead financially than playing 5 more years and retiring with a broken body. 

Not out of the realm of possibilities. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.