Lamar Jackson as TV analyst? It’s logical.

BringBackFergy

Think about it - He’s been shopping his wares but it seems the NFL GM’s know either he is injury prone or all the teams have a QB1 in mind. 

Lamar has to know this and he gave it a good shot. So I’m wondering if he’s considering a broadcasting/communications sabbatical to let his body heal.

He’s an NFL MVP, playoff QB with several accolades. He could provide some sound in-depth analysis on FOX or CBS. Even Amazon. Not play by play, but maybe on field commentary or halftime, booth analysis or in studio.

He would get signed to a 3 yr / $60 million broadcasting contract in a heartbeat. He’s young enough to heal up while doing game analysis and then re-enter the NFL and fund his retirement. 

Just a thought. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 7

16 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Think about it - He’s been shopping his wares but it seems the NFL GM’s know either he is injury prone or all the teams have a QB1 in mind. 

Lamar has to know this and he gave it a good shot. So I’m wondering if he’s considering a broadcasting/communications sabbatical to let his body heal.

He’s an NFL MVP, playoff QB with several accolades. He could provide some sound in-depth analysis on FOX or CBS. Even Amazon. Not play by play, but maybe on field commentary or halftime, booth analysis or in studio.

He would get signed to a 3 yr / $60 million broadcasting contract in a heartbeat. He’s young enough to heal up while doing game analysis and then re-enter the NFL and fund his retirement. 

Just a thought. 

Well, given that the Ravens gave him their non-exclusive franchise tag of $32.4M, they'll expect him to defer any pursuit of the career path you suggest until after the close of the 2023 season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Well, given that the Ravens gave him their non-exclusive franchise tag of $32.4M, they'll expect him to defer any pursuit of the career path you suggest until after the close of the 2023 season.

What if he said “I retire”?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

What if he said “I retire”?

Good question.  I believe franchise tags are fully guaranteed, but probably not against retirement, so he'd have to give his $32.6M back to take the $20M/yr gig you suggest.  I think he can do that math.

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

This seems like lunacy. 

What's Your Point? 🌑🌙🌖

Edited by Beck Water

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Just a thought. 

This idea has merit. Just need to pair him up with someone that can be the yin to his yang. Maybe it's time to bring Dennis Miller back to the broadcast booth.  Seriously that pair could rival the greatness of Summerall and Brookshier.

Edited by SinceThe70s
  • Haha (+1) 1

We're supposed to forget that only QBs who are accused of sexual assault over a score of times are allowed to have a guaranteed contract so Lamar is just being unreasonable. But Browns ownership is doing great and the NFL that stood by and let it happen shouldn't get any heat for it. 

I’m trying to understand this? 😳 I think Josh could be a great announcer! But they are extremely early their NFL careers. Lamar has neither demonstrated a great ability to be a good interview nor expressed an interest in making less than $250 guaranteed over the next 5 years. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.