Isaac Seumalo, G, **Update - Signed by Steelers

Virgil

4 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Don't know where you get 10th and 64th. Someone's estimate or evaluation, probably. 

PFF final ratings for last season out of 74 qualified Gs.

Whether you think PFF ratings are worth anything or not;  the top ten names are all really good players and the bottom 10 are not.

People have to get over the Creed Humphrey thing. Seriously. The Bills had Morse signed to a long term contract and obviously like him because he was still here. Humphrey was a flawed prospect coming out and that’s why he was a second round pick and the third center chosen, bad body, short arms, some sloppy things in his game. The Chiefs probably won’t even sign him when he becomes a free agent. Get over it. 

The Chiefs have done a nice job of drafting, but they have just as many misses as most other teams.

And the Steelers? They are stacking guards for some reason and still don’t have a left tackle. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Whether you think PFF ratings are worth anything or not;  the top ten names are all really good players and the bottom 10 are not.

I do think PFF ratings are worthwhile. 

But on the OL they historically grade highly huge road grading types and give lower grades to more athletic types.

Are you really arguing there's never been a bottom 10 guy in their rankings who turned out to be a really good player? I'd guess you aren't, and for good reason. 

We'll see. 

Again, I like Seumalo better than McGovern. But I think McGovern is still improving and I like what he does in pass blocking.

On 3/20/2023 at 8:16 PM, Turk71 said:

Let’s file this away for later on whenever McGovern shows to be a solid pass pro for Alan and see where this other guy sits at the same time

On 3/21/2023 at 2:25 AM, Turk71 said:

McGovern sucks and the Bills obviously have no idea how to evaluate offensive line talent. They think they're upgrading Saffold with McGovern? and paid about the same as Seumalo got?

That's ***** laughable, what a wizard indeed.

Seumalo was the best option on the market to me. How he ended up signing for that price I am not sure. Has been a slow FA period generally. After throwing money around last year it is as if the entire league has decided this is an off season to pay the piper and has shown some restraint. 

But McGovern is an upgrade on Saffold. McGovern is a solid young guard with a good anchor in pass pro. Saffold was an overrated, old turnstile.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Seumalo was the best option on the market to me. How he ended up signing for that price I am not sure.

My guess is he way overpriced himself given an extensive injury history and playing a non-premium position. Teams like the Bills moved on and found someone else, and then he was forced to take the best offer still available before he got locked out of the market entirely. I don't want to believe that the Bills intentionally chose McGovern over Seumalo for effectively the same price.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

My guess is he way overpriced himself given an extensive injury history and playing a non-premium position. Teams like the Bills moved on and found someone else, and then he was forced to take the best offer still available before he got locked out of the market entirely. I don't want to believe that the Bills intentionally chose McGovern over Seumalo for effectively the same price.

This is entirely possible this might’ve been a position where beane didn’t wanna be picking over the last scraps

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.