What would you trade for Jerry Jeudy?

RocCityRoller

Would you trade the #1 pick (27 overall) for Jerry Jeudy?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. If Denver would trade Jerry Jeudy for a #1 overall, but no other compansation, would you do it?

• Give Denver what they want, Jerry Jeudy is a stud
    • #1 pick only (pick #27) - Jeudy is a better WR than can be found at #27
    • I would trade for him, but a #2 and other considerations at most
    • Nope, not interested in Jerry Jeudy

35 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Browns are $35M over the cap for 2024 with Watson accounting for $64M hit.  Trading away draft picks for players that are due for a big pay day probably isn’t the brightest idea for them.  New England should 100% be all in on Jeudy and Lamar Jackson.  

• Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

PFT article indicated the Browns were contemplating giving up a 2nd and a 4th.  Although not the same value if the Bills had that offer, if on the table I would do it.   Maybe try and get a 5th or 6th back. 

Just not a big fan of giving up multiple pics whenever we only have six to begin with, and we’re paying a franchise QB

Giving up cost control contracts is not the way to build a winning team whenever you have a franchise QB that you’re paying every year you have to be able to field a whole team and you don’t want some good players and a bunch of scrubs

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Just not a big fan of giving up multiple pics whenever we only have six to begin with, and we’re paying a franchise QB

Giving up cost control contracts is not the way to build a winning team whenever you have a franchise QB that you’re paying every year you have to be able to field a whole team and you don’t want some good players and a bunch of scrubs

Good point.  I forgot they only have 6 picks.  

On 3/22/2023 at 1:58 AM, John from Riverside said:

yup. If we had a ton of cap room the next two years, I'd be more open to it.

The only way this is good cap-wise is if we let go of Steph after a couple years and backload Jeudy's contract — and he plays up to the contract's value.

Otherwise, take the cheap labor through picks. We are in bad cap shape. And before anyone can tell me — but the cap is going up every year! — yeah, that means competition in better cap shape can buy more on the free agent market than we can.

On 3/17/2023 at 6:31 PM, RocCityRoller said:

I already admitted to looking via search that the result did not come up.

I already asked the mods to take it down if they thought it was a duplicate.

There is also merit to finding out exactly what fans would trade for a WR who is on the trade block.

No trophy's given for being difficult on a message board.

Last I saw was a #1, #2 and others...

Yea I wouldn’t do a #1-#2. Our number one at pick 27 is fear… 

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah, regardless of speculation, publicly this has been their stance since Day 1. They could be hoping that in constantly saying that someone might give them an offer they can't refuse. But I tend to feel like they're just being honest and they really don't have any desire to move on from Jeudy.

I can't imagine Payton coming in and immediately getting rid of their #1 WR while trying to rebuild Russell Wilson. And I don't think he came back for a rebuild of the team. Pretty sure that's why he left New Orleans in the first place.

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

We are trying to get more targets for JA right not just swapping them over...?

Give them our 2nd and keep Davis..

I see your point but Jeudy makes Davis a backup.  He is on a one year deal at this point.  Jeudy is the better talent, so it is an upgrade over Davis and you get a 5th year.  I think you meant weapons not targets.   I dont believe an upgrade at WR really makes all the difference either, but if you can get better you should but also consider the contract, etc.  The Chiefs won the SB with Kelce and a bunch of guys.  For me to win the SB, they have the roster to do it, they have an overall good strategy, its more tactical in game decisions by the coaching staff and QB that will really make the difference.

7 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I see your point but Jeudy makes Davis a backup.  He is on a one year deal at this point.  Jeudy is the better talent, so it is an upgrade over Davis and you get a 5th year.  I think you meant weapons not targets.   I dont believe an upgrade at WR really makes all the difference either, but if you can get better you should but also consider the contract, etc.  The Chiefs won the SB with Kelce and a bunch of guys.  For me to win the SB, they have the roster to do it, they have an overall good strategy, its more tactical in game decisions by the coaching staff and QB that will really make the difference.

The Bengals can have three good receivers... as can we...

Davis is on $2M and playing for a new contract.. I can live with him for another year even if they bring someone else in...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.