What would you trade for Jerry Jeudy?

RocCityRoller

Would you trade the #1 pick (27 overall) for Jerry Jeudy?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. If Denver would trade Jerry Jeudy for a #1 overall, but no other compansation, would you do it?

• Give Denver what they want, Jerry Jeudy is a stud
    • #1 pick only (pick #27) - Jeudy is a better WR than can be found at #27
    • I would trade for him, but a #2 and other considerations at most
    • Nope, not interested in Jerry Jeudy

Jeudy is a good WR for the Broncos and has some BAD QBs throwing him the ball.

He had a lot of drops his first season, probably why the fans have that in their heads.

He does always seem to have a nagging injury and giving up a 1st (or 2nd with a player) seems too much in my book for a guy

who will be a 5th year option wanting to get big money next season.

If he was a #15 overall pick for the Bills, a lot of people on this board would be calling his 750 yard, 3 TD per year play a bust.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Honest question - What makes you think he is good? His stats look pedestrian at best and he has been bouncing around in the 5 years he has been in the league

Because I watched him a lot in 2021z  I aMy best friend is a die hard niner fan.  I’ve been watching every niner game for the last 15+ years.  Sherfield really impressed me watching him 2021.  He was starting over Brandon Aiyuk the first 1/4 of the season mainly because he was doing everything right and 💯.  He can run block (Pff rated him #1 last year), run proper routes inside and out, has reliable hands, solid RAC, can make contested catches and is a core ST player with good speed.  

Can anyone tell me anything that they don’t like about him…. other than his production? I think he’s going to be a cheap and end of the rotation backup WR that may surprise and earn more snaps than people think. He’s done it the last two years.  

Miami signed Cedrick Wilson to a 3-22M contract to be Miamis WR3.  Wilson played 22% of their offensive snaps.  Sherfield played 57% and led their team in ST snaps. He earns his snaps.  If he doesn’t get 40% of our snaps this season I think that it’ll be because Beane added another very good WR.  I think he’ll get snaps over any WR selected after rd 2.  

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Because I watched him a lot in 2021z  I aMy best friend is a die hard niner fan.  I’ve been watching every niner game for the last 15+ years.  Sherfield really impressed me watching him 2021.  He was starting over Brandon Aiyuk the first 1/4 of the season mainly because he was doing everything right and 💯.  He can run block (Pff rated him #1 last year), run proper routes inside and out, has reliable hands, solid RAC, can make contested catches and is a core ST player with good speed.  .  

I understand that you have watched him play but if he is indeed that good, why does none of it show up in the stats? And he has been around for 5 years which is plenty of time to show what you can and cannot do. Color me skeptical.

8 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I understand that you have watched him play but if he is indeed that good, why does none of it show up in the stats? And he has been around for 5 years which is plenty of time to show what you can and cannot do. Color me skeptical.

I’m not saying he’s a star or a great player.   He’s a nice backup that can do pretty anything a WR would be asked to do.  We currently don’t have one WR that can fill the variety of roles that he can.

His stats last season (30-400+) were on par for a guy that played less than 60% of the teams plays and behind Tyreek hill and waddle.  Why throw to sherfield when you can throw to them?

He’s an upgrade to the back end of the WR room as well at ST units.  Considering the current WR sitch, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was more than a WR5-6.  As stated…. He was WR3 in Miami playing over a 7M aav investment.  

It’s a good signing-  feel good about it or pout about it.  Up to you.  I feel very good about it

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Because I watched him a lot in 2021z  I aMy best friend is a die hard niner fan.  I’ve been watching every niner game for the last 15+ years.  Sherfield really impressed me watching him 2021.  He was starting over Brandon Aiyuk the first 1/4 of the season mainly because he was doing everything right and 💯.  He can run block (Pff rated him #1 last year), run proper routes inside and out, has reliable hands, solid RAC, can make contested catches and is a core ST player with good speed.  

Can anyone tell me anything that they don’t like about him…. other than his production? I think he’s going to be a cheap and end of the rotation backup WR that may surprise and earn more snaps than people think. He’s done it the last two years.  

Miami signed Cedrick Wilson to a 3-22M contract to be Miamis WR3.  Wilson played 22% of their offensive snaps.  Sherfield played 57% and led their team in ST snaps. He earns his snaps.  If he doesn’t get 40% of our snaps this season I think that it’ll be because Beane added another very good WR.  I think he’ll get snaps over any WR selected after rd 2.  

Sherfield started 1 game in 2021. Aiyuk started 16.

10 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

My bad-  i should looked into it before posting.  I just recall watching the games with my buddy, listening to him complain about how Sherfield is keeping Aiyuk off the field for the first bit of the season.  Aiyuks snaps went from averaging 63%ish the first 6 games to 90%+ the rest of the season.  

Feel free to chime in with someone other than:  Stats.  

reasons why he’s a good or bad signing?

On 3/18/2023 at 12:04 AM, BarleyNY said:

WTF? Oliver’s $10.75M 5th year option became fully guaranteed the instant the Bills picked it up. 

Ed Olivier's base salary became guaranteed when the 5th year contract was picked up.

The base salary is always picked up by the team trading for the player. Always.

So the team trading for Oliver is on the hook for the whole salary.

Whether he plays 17 games or not, or if it is restructured.

On 3/18/2023 at 7:28 AM, Herb Nightly said:

Wrong again.  Once the option is ,exercised, salary becomes guaranteed.

The team trading for the player is responsible for the base salary, guaranteed or not.

It's a way to guarantee the base salary like a signing bonus.

39 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Ed Olivier's base salary became guaranteed when the 5th year contract was picked up.

The base salary is always picked up by the team trading for the player. Always.

So the team trading for Oliver is on the hook for the whole salary.

Whether he plays 17 games or not, or if it is restructured.

The team trading for the player is responsible for the base salary, guaranteed or not.

I think just about everyone understands all of that. Your exact quote was “None of his salary is guaranteed.” That was obviously incorrect.

Thanks for the replies folks.

Verified my initial thought, Jeudy is not worth a 1st, even #27.

I'm on the fence, but if Denver says #27 and or more.... no deal for me either.

I appreciate the input and feedback.

It's a crap WR market, but TSW realized it too.

Hopeful for Sherfield at WR3 and Harty at WR4.

oh yeah, and the draft....

12 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I think just about everyone understands all of that. Your exact quote was “None of his salary is guaranteed.” That was obviously incorrect.

Let's simplify things.

if Buffalo trades Oliver, they are not on the hook for anything, and gain a pick/ picks.

Period.

My original point withstanding. Arguing semantics with people online is really exhausting.

Get to the point. You are better than this.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/19/2023 at 3:49 AM, BillsFanForever19 said:

I love how someone not completely living up to their lofty expectations coming out of College and someone being picked below them performing better automatically equates to being "jag".

Tremaine Edmunds all over again. And he just got handed the best deal for an ILB in the NFL. We take players for granted and the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Before Miller and Phillips went down, Oliver was performing quite well consistently. After Von's injury, teams focused blocking on him a lot more while singling Rousseau and Lawson/Epenesa. He was AFC Defensive Players of the Week for his performance in the Thanksgiving game. Beane has been talking up wanting to extend him.

But yeah, he's "jag" 🙄

😱😱😱😱

17 hours ago, NewEra said:

Because I watched him a lot in 2021z  I aMy best friend is a die hard niner fan.  I’ve been watching every niner game for the last 15+ years.  

Trent has now been on 4 teams in his 6 year career. He was with the 49ers for 1 year and they chose to let him leave rather than re-sign him for peanuts.

While you were watching him with your friend, you saw him catch 9 passes. NINE. The entire season.

And that’s why you think it’s a good signing? Sometimes I can’t tell if some of you are being serious or just trolling.

15 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Oh wow. So his “I watch every 49er game was impressed with him” was just complete nonsense. He started 1 game and had 9 receptions all season and that’s why New Era came away impressed with.

By those standards, he must have thought Kelvin Benjamin was an absolute stud.

31 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Trent has now been on 4 teams in his 6 year career. He was with the 49ers for 1 year and they chose to let him leave rather than re-sign him for peanuts.

While you were watching him with your friend, you saw him catch 9 passes. NINE. The entire season.

And that’s why you think it’s a good signing? Sometimes I can’t tell if some of you are being serious or just trolling.

Oh wow. So his “I watch every 49er game was impressed with him” was just complete nonsense. He started 1 game and had 9 receptions all season and that’s why New Era came away impressed with.

By those standards, he must have thought Kelvin Benjamin was an absolute stud.

I’ve stated every reason why I think he’s a good player in several posts in this thread.  If you’d like the answer, read more.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.