What would you trade for Jerry Jeudy?

RocCityRoller

Would you trade the #1 pick (27 overall) for Jerry Jeudy?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. If Denver would trade Jerry Jeudy for a #1 overall, but no other compansation, would you do it?

• Give Denver what they want, Jerry Jeudy is a stud
    • #1 pick only (pick #27) - Jeudy is a better WR than can be found at #27
    • I would trade for him, but a #2 and other considerations at most
    • Nope, not interested in Jerry Jeudy

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm not too interested in Juedy. The WR I want is Dhop. The guy is elite and is a difference maker. 

Twitter people are saying Ariz wants a 2nd round pick and something else of value. Not sure what that means.

I am really hoping the Bills can pull the trigger and get Dhop. What does everyone else think? 

I'm definitely for it. My two moves (only one could be done obviously) are DHop or D Henry. Either one would take this offense to another level.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I want to clarify.....when I say the Denver folks woulnd't be interested.....it's not because any of them have some strong opinion about Oliver....he's on the last year of a contract, which dimineshes trade value...and alot (but not all) think Juedy has been hindered by QB play and organizational disfunction....and he has a couple controllable years left.  

Oliver isn't a valuable asset to the Broncos (and their fans) considering all this.  I am sure there are a number of ALL teams fans that would be interested in Ed Oliver as a free agent at X dollars on a new contract.....but Oliver as part of a Juedy trade doesn't move the needle.  Denver would want draft picks....not an expiring contract.

I believe Deborah moved on from Shelby Harris, so they have a spot

It’s true that they might not feel that Oliver is enough to move for Judy might have to actually sweeten it with an additional draft pick

Still might be worth it though

I don’t want to get into the situation we had with Tremaine Edmunds where he walked for nothing it’s all about whether or not he is in Buffalo’s plans for the future on the $10 million cap hit  if we’re going to resign him then we keep him if not, we should move him

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

I’m flabbergasted at the number of posters willing to give up a 1st round pick for a WR that has shown nothing but averageness thus far in his career.

Two things:

1) Shows how poorly the Bills FO has done in giving Allen help that, likely, a good portion of the fanbase would pull the trigger on 27 for Jeudy

2) As mentioned above, it’s pick 27 in a weak draft.  Jeudy has WR1 traits, and it’s a crapshoot that someone similar is there when we pick, furthermore.. that we’d even take a WR there. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I’m flabbergasted at the number of posters willing to give up a 1st round pick for a WR that has shown nothing but averageness thus far in his career.

The type of fans that would post on an NFL message board in March also pay a lot of attention to the draft and probably had him highly rated coming out of ‘Bama.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Chaos said:

The goal of a number 1 draft pick is to get a five year starter playing under a rookie deal.  Not to get a player for two years who will command full market value of a FA after that.  

this isn’t true.  See Stefon Diggs.  

the goal of a 1st rd draft pick is to get a great player that can help you win.

Getting a potentially great player on a rookie deal is the greatest benefit of using the 1st rd pick on a player.  

but if the players on the board all have big question marks, a team looking for a great player, might be better served using it in a trade. 

you can’t say that the goal of a 1st rd pick is the 5 year contract.  It’s not a goal, it’s part of the package that exists-  you get 5 years with every 1st rd pick unless you trade it.

I wonder how the chiefs are feeling about using that #1 pick on Orlando Brown.  They needed a starting LT.  They used a 1st on brown and won a Super Bowl. 2 years….who cares?  Hardware.

don’t forget the best franchise in the league…..trading a first round pick for Frank Clark-  needed a pass rusher-  got one!  Got 2 pieces of Hardware.  

I wonder how the rams feel about trading forst round picks for Ramsey-  got him for 

3.5 years-  Hardware.

just have to trade for the right guy, hope they don’t get hurt and hit on some mid round picks to offset the cap hits

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

The market massively shifted for WRs in free agency after that trade.  Also look at the Justin Jefferson side of the trade. Rookie first rounder with five years of play time.  Not every decision is the same. Bills no longer have a young QB who needs veteran support. Trading a first for Jeudy would be a terrible terrible decision. 

13 hours ago, balln said:

Y’all trippn. Teams don’t trade for non impact players. 

He’s a JAG. Mediocre. Has one game a year where he’s disruptive. 

dal thanksgiving 

next year . New Orleans where tre tears acl

this year. Det thanksgiving

thats It

end thread 

Lol, yes they do. Cody Ford? It’s Sunday and I’m relaxing so I’m not gonna make a list. But I agree with your point that teams aren’t looking to trade for JAG with a big salary.

I’m kind of back & forth on a 1st or 2nd. Diggs, Jeudy, Davis, and a 2nd year Shakir would be absolutely lethal. But would the line hold up to give Allen the time? Beane does like proven veteran WRs and a late 1st rounder is not always a guarantee to pan out. Buffalo needs more fire power to compete with the likes of KC and Cincy. I guess I would pull the trigger on a 1st if Beane is confident he can get some good lineman later in the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

The market massively shifted for WRs in free agency after that trade.  Also look at the Justin Jefferson side of the trade. Rookie first rounder with five years of play time.  Not every decision is the same. Bills no longer have a young QB who needs veteran support. Trading a first for Jeudy would be a terrible terrible decision. 

With that statement, you’re saying that trading for Jeudy = the bills won’t win a Super Bowl and that just ridiculous.  Can’t get more ridiculous 

3 hours ago, UmbrellaMan said:

I’m flabbergasted at how many people are willing to trade a first for Jeudy. This isn’t a pro bowl player we are talking about, but a career underachiever in the pros.

A WR that had exactly who throwing to him his first 2 years?  Oh yeah. 

a WR that played in a broken offense with the worst HC in history year 3? Oh ueah

I’m not saying he’s a super star.  Just that if you’re judging him based on his first 3 years, the overall situation should be brought up.  It’s not like he had Josh Allen throwing to him. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

With that statement, you’re saying that trading for Jeudy = the bills won’t win a Super Bowl and that just ridiculous.  Can’t get more ridiculous 

a WR that played in a broken offense with the worst HC in history year 3? Oh ueah

I’m not saying he’s a super star.  Just that if you’re judging him based on his first 3 years, the overall situation should be brought up.  It’s not like he had Josh Allen throwing to him. 

I think Jeudy is a pretty good receiver.  My only concern with him is his durability.  He seems kind of injury prone to me.  He's missed 9 games over the last 2 seasons.

39 minutes ago, NewEra said:

context matters  :)

Allen needs a guy opposite Diggs

Diggs needs a guy opposite side running full routes as well.

But Bills HAVE to give Allen time and good play calling or the investment is moot.
I am for bringing in Jerry J. Trade some picks get their second or third back for our first ?
 Contract is important.

Who is/will be at 27 that screams pick me ?

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

context matters  :)

Allen needs a guy opposite Diggs

Diggs needs a guy opposite side running full routes as well.

But Bills HAVE to give Allen time and good play calling or the investment is moot.
I am for bringing in Jerry J. Trade some picks get their second or third back for our first ?
 Contract is important.

Who is/will be at 27 that screams pick me ?

WR-  I don’t think the top 3 WRs will be available (addison, Johnston, jsn). If one is, they should be the pick.  Is Zay Flowers worth 27?  I think that’ll be the biggest question.  I’m torn….but I’d rather trade down.

MLB-  Campbell and Simpson both solid prospects- I don’t think either worth 27 in most drafts and I’d prefer not to draft a MLB rd 1-  sample is intriguing based on physicals- but playing MLB in our scheme doesn’t seem like a fit.  I’d rather trade down.  

OT- The more I watch and read, the more I think Darnell Wright is the best pick-  but I don’t think we’re going to pick a RT @ 27.  They love and believe in Spencer Brown.  I think they’ll bring in someone to be the swing tackle.  That guy will compete with Brown for RT1 but will likely be the backup and we’ll be stuck with Brown @ RT.  Ugh.  But thinking positively, I’d be ok with wright, Jones, Jones and harrison- ideal would be to trade down and get one of them.  

Pass rusher-  we could use one-  Von Miller would be the ideal guy to mentor Nolan smith.  He has all the athleticism- just needs to work on pass rush moves.  Von can teach him. If he’s the pick, so be it.  I think he can be special with the right cultivation.  Those that throw up in their mouths thinking about drafting a pass rusher in rd 1-  I threw up in my mouth a bit too, but I do like the player, but we’re probably better served going O and taking a pass rusher later on-  the draft has a bunch of project pass rushers that can be coached up.  

RB- if bijan is there, I’d take him. He’s the best player and has a skill set that we need.  He won’t be and that’s probably a good thing. 

15 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I missed Jerry Hughes , to be honest

Could’ve used him last year 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

WR-  I don’t think the top 3 WRs will be available (addison, Johnston, jsn). If one is, they should be the pick.  Is Zay Flowers worth 27?  I think that’ll be the biggest question.  I’m torn….but I’d rather trade down.

MLB-  Campbell and Simpson both solid prospects- I don’t think either worth 27 in most drafts and I’d prefer not to draft a MLB rd 1-  sample is intriguing based on physicals- but playing MLB in our scheme doesn’t seem like a fit.  I’d rather trade down.  

OT- The more I watch and read, the more I think Darnell Wright is the best pick-  but I don’t think we’re going to pick a RT @ 27.  They love and believe in Spencer Brown.  I think they’ll bring in someone to be the swing tackle.  That guy will compete with Brown for RT1 but will likely be the backup and we’ll be stuck with Brown @ RT.  Ugh.  But thinking positively, I’d be ok with wright, Jones, Jones and harrison- ideal would be to trade down and get one of them.  

Pass rusher-  we could use one-  Von Miller would be the ideal guy to mentor Nolan smith.  He has all the athleticism- just needs to work on pass rush moves.  Von can teach him. If he’s the pick, so be it.  I think he can be special with the right cultivation.  Those that throw up in their mouths thinking about drafting a pass rusher in rd 1-  I threw up in my mouth a bit too, but I do like the player, but we’re probably better served going O and taking a pass rusher later on-  the draft has a bunch of project pass rushers that can be coached up.  

RB- if bijan is there, I’d take him. He’s the best player and has a skill set that we need.  He won’t be and that’s probably a good thing. 

Could’ve used him last year 

Very reasoned perspective.

Excepting Bijan.

But i am not going to argue against it :)

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.