What would you trade for Jerry Jeudy?

RocCityRoller

Would you trade the #1 pick (27 overall) for Jerry Jeudy?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. If Denver would trade Jerry Jeudy for a #1 overall, but no other compansation, would you do it?

• Give Denver what they want, Jerry Jeudy is a stud
    • #1 pick only (pick #27) - Jeudy is a better WR than can be found at #27
    • I would trade for him, but a #2 and other considerations at most
    • Nope, not interested in Jerry Jeudy

5 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Both were first round picks and have 5th year options so, yes, both were controllable for 5 seasons. Oliver is on his 5th year option now. Jeudy has his next season. 

They were controllable for 5 years when they were drafted,  yes,  but not at this point. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, cle23 said:

They were controllable for 5 years when they were drafted,  yes,  but not at this point. 

Isn't that the point of the quote you are responding to? The relative lack of control in both cases is part of the equation when speculating trade value.

I'm not too interested in Juedy. The WR I want is Dhop. The guy is elite and is a difference maker. 

Twitter people are saying Ariz wants a 2nd round pick and something else of value. Not sure what that means.

I am really hoping the Bills can pull the trigger and get Dhop. What does everyone else think? 

As a long time member of a Broncos board.  I ASSURE you, NO ONE over there would think this was a good deal.  I GUARANTEE you guys, Ed Oliver isn't even on the radar in Denver as someone they'd even consider trading anything for let alone Jerry Juedy.  

2 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Isn't that the point of the quote you are responding to? The relative lack of control in both cases is part of the equation when speculating trade value.

The original post I responded to said that they were both controllable for 5 years.  And they're not.  Not anymore, and Oliver is only 1 year. So his value isn't much.  At least Jeudy is 2 years. 

21 minutes ago, cle23 said:

The original post I responded to said that they were both controllable for 5 years.  And they're not.  Not anymore, and Oliver is only 1 year. So his value isn't much.  At least Jeudy is 2 years. 

Well, the pull quote was from Barley which states "Both were first round picks and have 5th year options so, yes, both were controllable for 5 seasons. Oliver is on his 5th year option now. Jeudy has his next season." That flat out states that Oliver is in his last year of the five, Jeudy in his fourth. If you were referencing an earlier statement, naturally, there may be confusion on the issue, but not in the direct quote that I saw you interacting with.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

As a long time member of a Broncos board.  I ASSURE you, NO ONE over there would think this was a good deal.  I GUARANTEE you guys, Ed Oliver isn't even on the radar in Denver as someone they'd even consider trading anything for let alone Jerry Juedy.  

Exactly. Oliver is so mediocre. This premise is so dumb. End thread 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, DJB said:

Like I’ve been saying for 3 years. Oliver sucks 

Ditto. Like a record. 

he has one good game a year. Where he’s disruptive the whole game. 

chris jones is like that EVERY game! 

what a bust at #9 overall 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, balln said:

Exactly. Oliver is so mediocre. This premise is so dumb. End thread 

Oh, nonsense.

He's not mediocre. He's good. Not as good as his draft pick would have you hoping he would be, but good. He's probably one of the five or six best guys on the team. 

He's not consistent. That's very true, and I'd certainly like to see that change. We'd all like him to be better. But he's disruptive. A lot.

Replacing Ed at DT wouldn't be nearly as easy as people think. DT salaries are going up, and fast.

We're entering an era where DLs, including DTs, are going to start making serious money. Look at the contract Dre'Mont Jones just got.

If we could replace him easily, I wouldn't mind trading him now, as it's the best time economically. But he wouldn't be nearly as easy to replace as many here think. We'd be creating yet another hole in a year when we couldn't replace him. Doesn't make sense.

And that's on top of the fact that I don't really trust Jeudy all that much. I expect them to just draft a WR instead.

Edited by Thurman#1

I want to clarify.....when I say the Denver folks woulnd't be interested.....it's not because any of them have some strong opinion about Oliver....he's on the last year of a contract, which dimineshes trade value...and alot (but not all) think Juedy has been hindered by QB play and organizational disfunction....and he has a couple controllable years left.  

Oliver isn't a valuable asset to the Broncos (and their fans) considering all this.  I am sure there are a number of ALL teams fans that would be interested in Ed Oliver as a free agent at X dollars on a new contract.....but Oliver as part of a Juedy trade doesn't move the needle.  Denver would want draft picks....not an expiring contract.

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Oh, nonsense.

He's not mediocre. He's good. Not as good as his draft pick would have you hoping he would be, but good. He's probably one of the five or six best guys on the team. 

I wonder, (1) Allen (2) Diggs (3) Morse (4) Milano (5) Poyer (6) Miller (7) Jones (8) Knox (9) Dawkins (10) Rosseau (11) Hyde (12) Bass and this is excluding Tremaine and Martin; whom demonstrably had better years than Oliver.

All this to say, while Oliver may not be as bad as some of us believe, he is just as equally overrated for some here. Oliver is a JAG. He is not even top 10 on the team.

Oliver is easily replaceable. He simply needs too many things to be perfect to perform.  $10m per year is way too much for him, no question.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.