Bills Fans Call Out Cole Beasley for ‘Slander’

Bogie_Klinkhammer

14 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Both but it’s weird that people act like Allen was in soem terrible situation and mahomes had so many advantages. KC’s defense has also sucked most of the time Mahomes he has been there. Allen is at the absolute worst a top 3 qb which is crazy to think the bills have that. But Mahomes is on a trajectory to be the best qb ever. 

crazy Cole isn’t that crazy for this.

Very true, but we do need to say that Andy Reid is a huge advantage for Mahomes. I’m fine with people calling Mahomes the best, but Reid is a huge asset. Reid’s a guy who did quite well with McNabb and Alex Smith. Kelce is also one of the most bizarre cheat codes in the history of the game. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

Very true, but we do need to say that Andy Reid is a huge advantage for Mahomes. I’m fine with people calling Mahomes the best, but Reid is a huge asset. Reid’s a guy who did quite well with McNabb and Alex Smith. 

Andy Reid is one of the best OCs of all time. Pairing him with Mahomes makes KC incredibly tough, as we can see.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, vincec said:

Andy Reid is one of the best OCs of all time. Pairing him with Mahomes makes KC incredibly tough, as we can see.

Absolutely, and I’m not going to make an argument that Mahomes isn’t the best. He might go down as the greatest of all time. The guy has an amazing skill set, but becoming the best and/or greatest obviously requires the help of others. I’m not going to make the Allen is better argument, but something tells me if we had Mahomes, the end result would have been the same playoff exit. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah for sure. Fans in places like NYC, Biston, Philly never overreact to things!!! 

and Beasley is a moron for a lot of reasons but getting mad at him about this is really dumb. 

What an insane take on Allen and Mahomes based on absolutely nothing. 

What??? Mahomes is in freaky KC. If he was winning multiple SBs in Buffalo, fans would be defending his brother. Weird take.

Dumb, insane, weird. Class act. Yup, I would go on to say I never said I was mad at him, but I can see from your posts it won’t be productive. 

• Eyeroll 1

54 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Both but it’s weird that people act like Allen was in soem terrible situation and mahomes had so many advantages. KC’s defense has also sucked most of the time Mahomes he has been there. Allen is at the absolute worst a top 3 qb which is crazy to think the bills have that. But Mahomes is on a trajectory to be the best qb ever.

I don't think people are arguing that Mahomes isn't the top QB in the league right now.  I think he cemented that by changing a lot of his offensive cast (still has Kelce though) and still winning a Championship.

Relative to Mahomes, Allen was in a terrible situation:

1. Mahomes got a full rookie year to watch and learn behind a very capable veteran QB with one of the top offensive coaches in the league at his side.

2. In year 2, 2018 Mahomes was given the keys to a ready-to-drive sports car of an offense that had been 6th in points and 5th in yards in 2017.  Kareem Hunt at RB 1300 yds; Tyreek Hill at WR; Travis Kelce at TE.  Decent OL book-ended by Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz, Mitch Morse at C.  Mahomes ELEVATED that sports car and made it work better, but the car and all its components were there. 

3. When Mahomes did take over, he had another capable and experienced veteran in Chad Henne backing him up and helping him on the sideline, and a very good, experienced QB coach in Mike Kafka

In contrast, Allen was declared not ready to start and took #3 snaps most of the preseason, then was flung into the fire halfway through Game 1 when it was clear Peterdude was still a hot mess under center.  His OL couldn't block - Vlad Ducasse at LG got him impaled, Russell Bodine was a mess at C, Miller and Mills on the R side - Aye Yi Yi.  It was Daboll's first year with the Bills as OC and he had a bad track record elsewhere.  I couldn't figure out what he was trying to accomplish on many plays, even allowing for poor execution.  Allen was throwing to Zay Jones, Robert Foster (who couldn't run routes or track the ball) and Fat Kelvin Benjamin.  Frankly, I think Allen picked up some bad habits that year he's still working to shake, such as bailing from the pocket and trying to make things happen himself because he had no one else he could count on.

Daboll improved a lot from  2019-2021 but even there, there would still be a play or a handful of plays every 2nd or 3rd game where I'd be "what were you trying to do?" - that 3rd and 5 backward pass to Singletary in the 4th Q vs Pittsburgh would be an example.  Even McDermott couldn't extenuate that one!!!!!  The line has improved, but it's never IMHO been a top line - middle of the pack, no more - and we've never had a good run game besides Allen.  The WR improved in 2019 and more with the addition of Diggs, but we've never had the equivalent of the Kelce-Hill  1-2 punch or even the Kelce-Tiktokboy.  Kelce is in a class of his own where teams just can't cover him when he's "on".

"KC's D has sucked most of the time Mahomes has been there"

Get Out of Here with that, Bad Take.  It wasn't so good his first year 2018 - 24th - but since then 7th, 10th, 8th and 16th.  They moved on from 2018 DC Bob Sutton to Steve Spagnuolo in 2019 and have been solid to good ever since, despite regularly rebuilding their player personnel at LB and DB.  Chris Jones and Frank Clark are Beasts.

Anyway, I don't think there can be real argument that Allen is still in a worse situation than Mahomes as far as his OL and skill players, leaving coaching out of it.  It's why so many of us are pretty fierce to see the Bills really invest in offense this off-season, because we don't want to see Allen turn into Rodgers or worse, Cam Newton or Andrew Luck - a QB whose career was prematurely truncated because his team let him down and didn't protect him well enough or put enough talent around him.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2

20 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I don't think people are arguing that Mahomes isn't the top QB in the league right now.  I think he cemented that by changing a lot of his offensive cast (still has Kelce though) and still winning a Championship.

Relative to Mahomes, Allen was in a terrible situation:

1. Mahomes got a full rookie year to watch and learn behind a very capable veteran QB with one of the top offensive coaches in the league at his side.

2. In year 2, 2018 Mahomes was given the keys to a ready-to-drive sports car of an offense that had been 6th in points and 5th in yards in 2017.  Kareem Hunt at RB 1300 yds; Tyreek Hill at WR; Travis Kelce at TE.  Decent OL book-ended by Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz, Mitch Morse at C.  Mahomes ELEVATED that sports car and made it work better, but the car and all its components were there. 

3. When Mahomes did take over, he had another capable and experienced veteran in Chad Henne backing him up and helping him on the sideline, and a very good, experienced QB coach in Mike Kafka

In contrast, Allen was declared not ready to start and took #3 snaps most of the preseason, then was flung into the fire halfway through Game 1 when it was clear Peterdude was still a hot mess under center.  His OL couldn't block - Vlad Ducasse at LG got him impaled, Russell Bodine was a mess at C, Miller and Mills on the R side - Aye Yi Yi.  It was Daboll's first year with the Bills as OC and he had a bad track record elsewhere.  I couldn't figure out what he was trying to accomplish on many plays, even allowing for poor execution.  Allen was throwing to Zay Jones, Robert Foster (who couldn't run routes or track the ball) and Fat Kelvin Benjamin.  Frankly, I think Allen picked up some bad habits that year he's still working to shake, such as bailing from the pocket and trying to make things happen himself because he had no one else he could count on.

Daboll improved a lot from  2019-2021 but even there, there would still be a play or a handful of plays every 2nd or 3rd game where I'd be "what were you trying to do?" - that 3rd and 5 backward pass to Singletary in the 4th Q vs Pittsburgh would be an example.  Even McDermott couldn't extenuate that one!!!!!  The line has improved, but it's never IMHO been a top line - middle of the pack, no more - and we've never had a good run game besides Allen.  The WR improved in 2019 and more with the addition of Diggs, but we've never had the equivalent of the Kelce-Hill  1-2 punch or even the Kelce-Tiktokboy.  Kelce is in a class of his own where teams just can't cover him when he's "on".

"KC's D has sucked most of the time Mahomes has been there"

Get Out of Here with that, Bad Take.  It wasn't so good his first year 2018 - 24th - but since then 7th, 10th, 8th and 16th.  They moved on from 2018 DC Bob Sutton to Steve Spagnuolo in 2019 and have been solid to good ever since, despite regularly rebuilding their player personnel at LB and DB.  Chris Jones and Frank Clark are Beasts.

Anyway, I don't think there can be real argument that Allen is still in a worse situation than Mahomes as far as his OL and skill players, leaving coaching out of it.  It's why so many of us are pretty fierce to see the Bills really invest in offense this off-season, because we don't want to see Allen turn into Rodgers or worse, Cam Newton or Andrew Luck - a QB whose career was prematurely truncated because his team let him down and didn't protect him well enough or put enough talent around him.

Too long to respond to all of this but I do like how you used points for KC’s defensive ranking and not yards because that won’t fit the agenda.

they traded a top 5 receiver and he had the best season of his career. Besides Kelce, his receivers are replacement level. He had the best seasons of his career with PM. Reid went to one SB prior to PM. He has gone to 3 SBs and won 2 with him. 

stop trying to discredit PM. Have a good day. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Do you believe Daboll came to Buffalo as a "coach of the year" level coach?

Or did he grow and develop during his time in Buffalo?

I know how I see it.

Good question.  What do you think the answer is?

Spoiler: the reason is that the pro athlete is, in fact, just as sensitive or more so as the fans, and when dissed in public can't let it go

I think it would’ve been real interesting if social media had been around in Jordan’s day or even older football players. The amount of abuse Dick Butkus would’ve gotten would’ve been hilarious! And Jordan was never known as much of a gentleman on or off the court-I think he would be viewed in much the same way Lebron or Aaron Rodgers are today 

In a vacuum, I don’t have any problem with what he tweeted. Maybe it was a bit hyperbolic, but he can express his opinion. But it does seem like a long way from “I love you Josh Allen” and saying that the only place that he wants to continue playing is in Buffalo. Cole needs to learn how to stop arguing with fans online and burning bridges. But he seems to have really thin skin and he always takes the bait. Same goes for Stefon Diggs, but there is another thread for that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

Very true, but we do need to say that Andy Reid is a huge advantage for Mahomes. I’m fine with people calling Mahomes the best, but Reid is a huge asset. Reid’s a guy who did quite well with McNabb and Alex Smith. Kelce is also one of the most bizarre cheat codes in the history of the game. 

But wasn’t Daboll? How many young guys get the same OC for 4 years to start their career? Ej manuel had Nate Hackett, who never coached in the nfl, as his qb coach and OC his rookie year for instance. A guy who was just the coach of the year. Allen also joined a team that went to the playoffs and consistently had a top 5 defense. 

this isn’t to discredit Allen (and I’m not referring to your post) who is a million times better than I could have ever hoped for. But this board loves to discredit PM (see the training camp thread of him throwing an int in his 1st training camp practice). He passed for 5,000 yards and 41 tds in his last year in college. He’s been a beast and got picked by a guy who saw that. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Beck Water said:

You do know it's probably not the same people, right?  Plenty of fans get outraged at anyone criticizing their team, including "us Bills fans"

Can we quit with the "oh my god Bills fans" like we're some homogeneous mass?  Some fans don't want to hear any criticism of the team or players.  "Fan" is short for "fanatic" defined as "a person motivated by extreme unreasonable enthusiasm".  I'm Shocked Shocked to find we have fans like that!

Other so-called fans have to take a dump on anything they can.  Very few of our players are good enough; the FO can't draft, they make bad choices on who to sign, etc etc.   It's a mystery how the Bills have had a #1 or #2 defense 3 of the last 4 years when none of our players are worth a 2nd round pick.

It's the flip side of extreme unreasonable enthusiasm I guess: extreme unreasonable criticism.

Then there are those who try to be more centric and see both sides.

People approach things differently, Stop the Press.

Of course I do 

59 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Too long to respond to all of this but I do like how you used points for KC’s defensive ranking and not yards because that won’t fit the agenda.

Oh, wow that is total Weak Sauce. 

You'll make a general statement, blah blah' someone will refute it with specific points and examples - "Too Long to Respond to All of This" blah blah.

I always use points not yards for defensive ranking because....wait for it...points are what win games.  That isn't an arguable, so to speak, point.  Especially when a team is ahead, a D can give up all kinds of yards, and it means nothing.  But make an agenda out of it - then you get to explain how you looking at yards and IGNORING points when you said KC's D has "sucked the whole time Mahomes has been here" isn't a Big Honkin' Agenda on your part.

59 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

stop trying to discredit PM. Have a good day. 

You're a piece of work, you know that?  I started out saying, quote:

"I don't think people are arguing that Mahomes isn't the top QB in the league right now.  I think he cemented that by changing a lot of his offensive cast (still has Kelce though) and still winning a Championship."

And you respond "stop trying to discredit PM".

I'm clearly not trying to discredit Mahomes,

I'm pointing out that your statement "it’s weird that people act like Allen was in soem (sic) terrible situation and mahomes had so many advantages" is Bunk, Period.  Allen WAS placed in a terrible situation relative to Mahomes, who took over the keys of a top-5 offense with experienced coaching, top players, and a top backup.

The reason you aren't going to respond to all of this is not because it's "too long", but because you can't, not rationally.

57 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But wasn’t Daboll? How many young guys get the same OC for 4 years to start their career?

There's no question that a lot of young QBs are hurt by constant churn on the coaching staff and especially at OC.

But the point is, Daboll did not start off as "COTY" in 2018.  He had a learning curve at OC, a learning curve as a QB mentor, and a learning curve as a Leader of Men.  All one has to do to demonstrate that is listen to his interviews in 2018 and 2019 and compare them to interviews in 2020 and 2021.

One of the smartest things Daboll did as HC was hire a good OC (Pat Mahomes QB coach as a matter of fact) and a good DC, then give them space.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This is one of those situations where it was mutually beneficial

Brian Daboll was an excellent offensive coordinator

Josh Allen, a franchise QB

They made each other great and since the office of output last season were still tops in the league or close to it Josh Allen is making another offensive coordinator look awesome

18 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Good post. I agree with all of it. It’s not that I hate Cole’s take. It’s just a dumb thing to be so contentious about on social media. Didn’t he say he wants to play this year. Cross that off the list. 

I also hate the “well Mahomes has Andy.” Who cares. Should we get a head start? Should they spot us points? There’s no real world application where this actually matters in a way that’s correctable. Be better in whatever situation you’re in, or don’t. 

Also, Reid has never coached anybody ever who has been able to enter the GOAT conversation and that seems to be Mahomes trajectory at the moment. So maybe a little credit where credit is due to the player. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

Good post. I agree with all of it. It’s not that I hate Cole’s take. It’s just a dumb thing to be so contentious about on social media. Didn’t he say he wants to play this year. Cross that off the list. 

I also hate the “well Mahomes has Andy.” Who cares. Should we get a head start? Should they spot us points? There’s no real world application where this actually matters in a way that’s correctable. Be better in whatever situation you’re in, or don’t.

This last part is absolutely true.  "Nobody Cares, Work Harder" as Harbaugh would say.  Ya gotta play the hand you're dealt, fly the weather you find, etc etc.

But if you agree that Allen was NOT in a poor situation offensively starting out in B'lo relative to Mahomes starting out in KC, and that KC's defense "has also sucked most of the time Mahomes has been there", I have a beach cottage in Batavia NY for sale, Wanna buy?  Neither are true.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

This last part is absolutely true.  "Nobody Cares, Work Harder" as Harbaugh would say.  Ya gotta play the hand you're dealt, fly the weather you find, etc etc.

But if you agree that Allen was NOT in a poor situation offensively starting out in B'lo relative to Mahomes starting out in KC, and that KC's defense "has also sucked most of the time Mahomes has been there", I have a beach cottage in Batavia NY for sale, Wanna buy?  Neither are true.

How big is the beach ? :w00t:

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.