Bills Fans Call Out Cole Beasley for ‘Slander’

Bogie_Klinkhammer

1 hour ago, Goin Breakdown said:

You're right people can't stand criticism. They loooooove dishing it out though. Almost 20 years of poor QB play will do this to some Bills fans. Hey if Josh is #3.....awesome (I believe he is probably in that range but I would switch Rogers out for burrow and then put Allen anywhere in that 1-3 range) I'm going to take a guess that if we were having face to face conversations, there would be more people open to josh not being number 1 all the time. Idk. 

LOL

Indeed

What's funny is that the same people talk about him not finding open targets, particularly in the high-percentage short game, which is legitimately something that he needs to work on, and which is a huge part of every top QBs game, but which Rodgers and Burrow do regularly.  

Allen's athleticism, brains, and ability to make something out of nothing are his biggest assets.  

It's not as if he has no weaknesses right now.  

10 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

The impact of losing an All-Pro WR in Adams cannot be underestimated.

Imagine what people here would be saying if Allen had Lazard, Cobb, and two rookies as his targets as WRs.  I'm not sure that any one of them is as good as Davis despite Davis' down year.  

How dare he say we have a top-3 QB in the league! How dare he say that a three-time MVP and Super Bowl champion is better than Josh! 

Yes, Rodgers, is past his prime but Beasley is a) looking for a job and b) most likely talking about the career of Rodgers, not his current ability (see a) for a reason why he would do this).

Angry Jim Henson GIF by Muppet Wiki

• Haha (+1) 1

Well, Rodgers only won 1 Super Bowl and 4 MVPs. Imagine saying that. 

He should have won more rings is the only thing you can really say about his on field career.

The fact that this is the criticism tells you everything you need to know about how good he has been.

1 hour ago, ArtVandalay said:

Oh my god Bills fans are so thin skinned when it comes to discussing any player. If anything other than every player we have is the best in the NFL there's a collection that lose their mind. It's sad. Poor look for the fan base.

Small town mentality. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

That seems contrarian, but You Do You.  I don't love the people I love any less when they anger others, but I don't find it particularly admirable.

I think what he's saying is that he enjoys it when people get so outraged or even bothered by something so insignificant or inconsequential.  

I'm not sure that I would phrase it the same, but it certainly is something of entertainment value when so many people get woke offended by something as trivial as this.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

LOL

Indeed

What's funny is that the same people talk about him not finding open targets, particularly in the high-percentage short game, which is legitimately something that he needs to work on, and which is a huge part of every top QBs game, but which Rodgers and Burrow do regularly.  

Allen's athleticism, brains, and ability to make something out of nothing are his biggest assets.  

It's not as if he has no weaknesses right now.  

Imagine what people here would be saying if Allen had Lazard, Cobb, and two rookies as his targets as WRs.  I'm not sure that any one of them is as good as Davis despite Davis' down year.  

Yeah pretty much. Us Bills fans can crap on our team but if someone else says the same exact thing we lose our crap. Online hypocrisy. I say "us" and "we" because I'm sure I e done this to a degree as well lol. But I do try to always respect others opinions. Anyway, Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

You're right people can't stand criticism. They loooooove dishing it out though. Almost 20 years of poor QB play will do this to some Bills fans. Hey if Josh is #3.....awesome (I believe he is probably in that range but I would switch Rogers out for burrow and then put Allen anywhere in that 1-3 range) I'm going to take a guess that if we were having face to face conversations, there would be more people open to josh not being number 1 all the time. Idk. 

I personally think last season it was Mahomes, then a handful of QB (Allen, Burrows, Herbert, Hurts) of which group I'd put Allen first but I understand arguments, then Rodgers.

Lifetime, I can understand putting Rodgers at the head of the current QB, but his level of play was not as good last season.

What I think gores people's ox about Beasley is that he wants to opine on subjects where he lacks expertise (OK, his right) but he doesn't want to hear it from fans who opine on matters where he truly has expertise (like football, and OK, the fans right)

Oh my god Bills fans are so thin skinned when it comes to discussing any player. If anything other than every player we have is the best in the NFL there's a collection that lose their mind. It's sad. Poor look for the fan base.

What's funny is when a player leaves, then typically "he sucked anyway, was overrated" along with anything else entirely contradicting the approved narrative otherwise.  LOL 

THEN all of a sudden and out of nowhere all of his weaknesses come to light.  

It is a sight to behold.  😂

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Yeah pretty much. Us Bills fans can crap on our team but if someone else says the same exact thing we lose our crap. Online hypocrisy. I say "us" and "we" because I'm sure I e done this to a degree as well lol. But I do try to always respect others opinions. Anyway, Go Bills!

You do know it's probably not the same people, right?  Plenty of fans get outraged at anyone criticizing their team, including "us Bills fans"

Can we quit with the "oh my god Bills fans" like we're some homogeneous mass?  Some fans don't want to hear any criticism of the team or players.  "Fan" is short for "fanatic" defined as "a person motivated by extreme unreasonable enthusiasm".  I'm Shocked Shocked to find we have fans like that!

Other so-called fans have to take a dump on anything they can.  Very few of our players are good enough; the FO can't draft, they make bad choices on who to sign, etc etc.   It's a mystery how the Bills have had a #1 or #2 defense 3 of the last 4 years when none of our players are worth a 2nd round pick.

It's the flip side of extreme unreasonable enthusiasm I guess: extreme unreasonable criticism.

Then there are those who try to be more centric and see both sides.

People approach things differently, Stop the Press.

Edited by Beck Water

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

That seems contrarian, but You Do You.  I don't love the people I love any less when they anger others, but I don't find it particularly admirable.

Not directing this at you…but “contrarian” gets tossed around here a lot. Too easy to rebuff a counterpoint as “contrarian.”

There’s nothing wrong with points that prompt debate, discourse, alternative perspectives no matter the motivation. Very fine line between “contrarian” and “devil’s advocate.” This is a message board after all. 

The point isn't whether it's true or not, the point is some people just don't know when to keep their mouth shut, or make a polite non-statement, or heaven forbid throw your support behind the guy that kept your career alive. He really embodies this generation though; Me, me, me, I'm the victim here, you're all lessers, I'm the greatest, I owe thanks or humility to no one, oh an btw %^$&^%. :doh:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Airseven said:

Small town mentality. 

Yeah for sure. Fans in places like NYC, Biston, Philly never overreact to things!!! 

and Beasley is a moron for a lot of reasons but getting mad at him about this is really dumb. 

17 hours ago, MPT said:

The obsession with Super Bowl wins when ranking QBs is absurd. Dan Marino was better than half the QBs that have ever won Super Bowls. Kelly, Tarkenton, and Moon were better than a quarter of them. If you switched where Allen and Mahomes were drafted, Allen would easily have more rings than Mahomes right now. 

All that said, I don't disagree that Allen is second to Mahomes. He has passed Rodgers though.

What an insane take on Allen and Mahomes based on absolutely nothing. 

17 hours ago, NC-billsfan! said:

I struggled with this. Was gonna give you a🤮 but decided against it. Mahomes has a better resume, period. I agree with you. But F him. He would definitely not fit the cultural vibe that is Buffalo. His baggage (some family members) would not go over well in a blue collar town like Buffalo. Plus, he’s our Josh. We watched him grow up before our eyes. I’m riding the Allen train until it stops. GO Bills!

Keen observation on the first sentence. Setting himself up in the off-season because he knows we probably won’t sign him.

What??? Mahomes is in freaky KC. If he was winning multiple SBs in Buffalo, fans would be defending his brother. Weird take.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

I personally think last season it was Mahomes, then a handful of QB (Allen, Burrows, Herbert, Hurts) of which group I'd put Allen first but I understand arguments, then Rodgers.

Lifetime, I can understand putting Rodgers at the head of the current QB, but his level of play was not as good last season.

What I think gores people's ox about Beasley is that he wants to opine on subjects where he lacks expertise (OK, his right) but he doesn't want to hear it from fans who opine on matters where he truly has expertise (like football, and OK, the fans right)

Personally, I have no problem with stupid people saying stupid things. But there are too many stupid people who believe stupid people and do really stupid things based off what the stupid person told them to do. 

our country becomes dumber every day. 

18 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

don’t sell him short - he’s put out several bad rap albums.

80 Stings wasn’t a bad song 😬

19 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I will agree last season was filled with bad luck, drama and over the top chaos. No team could've advanced with all that.  13 seconds was not bad luck but a complete coaching meltdown. And the year before we just weren't quite ready. Mahomes is the king but he also has an offensive HC I'd dream of Josh having. But you're right, show me the Lombardi.  If Josh doesn't get one he may be compared to Marino?

Allen had the coach of the year as his OC for 4 years

19 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

What exactly did he say that was wrong?  Outside of Gabe being a top #2 WR 🤣

As crazy as he is, Davis being a top 5 #2 isn’t that crazy. Also, he is hyping up his boy and I can respect that.

I’m probably an old soul, but I don’t understand what anyone gets out of bickering on social media. This is where I can make sense of the fans better than Beasley. Why does any athlete who’s set for life lower themselves to feuding with random people online? I don’t understand this aspect of our culture whatsoever. Fans are going to do anything in hopes of catching the attention of a pro athlete, but why do these guys even respond? It seems like fans get more out of these types interactions than the athlete. The fan gets to say they argued with a pro athlete, while Beasley could be enjoying all the cash he’s accumulated, instead he’s wasting time online. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Allen had the coach of the year as his OC for 4 years

Do you believe Daboll came to Buffalo as a "coach of the year" level coach?

Or did he grow and develop during his time in Buffalo?

I know how I see it.

9 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I’m probably an old soul, but I don’t understand what anyone gets out of bickering on social media. This is where I can make sense of the fans better than Beasley. Why does any athlete who’s set for life lower themselves to feuding with random people online? I don’t understand this aspect of our culture whatsoever. Fans are going to do anything in hopes of catching the attention of a pro athlete, but why do these guys even respond? It seems like fans get more out of these types interactions than the athlete. The fan gets to say they argued with a pro athlete, while Beasley could be enjoying all the cash he’s accumulated, instead he’s wasting time online. 

Good question.  What do you think the answer is?

Spoiler: the reason is that the pro athlete is, in fact, just as sensitive or more so as the fans, and when dissed in public can't let it go

• Agree 2

Just now, Beck Water said:

Do you believe Daboll came to Buffalo as a "coach of the year" level coach?

Or did he grow and develop during his time in Buffalo?

I know how I see it.

Both but it’s weird that people act like Allen was in soem terrible situation and mahomes had so many advantages. KC’s defense has also sucked most of the time Mahomes he has been there. Allen is at the absolute worst a top 3 qb which is crazy to think the bills have that. But Mahomes is on a trajectory to be the best qb ever. 

crazy Cole isn’t that crazy for this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.