Dane Jackson re-signed

Big Turk

Awesome.  Tremendous value

I look at him as a legit cb2 in this scheme. Never worry 1 bit when he's out there and will push Elam/Benford for the starting spot.  May the best man win. This secondary is loaded

I think they might groom Benford to take over FS in 24. He's definitely more suited at FS vs SS. 

• Like (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Good depth imo.  If he could learn to turn around and make a play he would be good.  He seems to be there for the play most the time

First, let me say he can get better. 

But he played great the back half of 2021 when Tre went down and started super strong to start 2022. 

At one point he was allowing something like less than 50% completions, 1TD, and a couple picks for like a 50-ish passer rating over 6 or 8 games. I was really high on him for a while. I hope he finds his form again. 

2 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Not sure I heard it that way from Beane...

They're considering what is best, didn't hear him say it was a sure thing though.

He didn't but with Dane now a sure thing and primary depth I think that Benford will get a lot of snaps at S in camp.

11 minutes ago, balln said:

Mmmm. Sure.

way too optimistic 

Can only control what we can control.  

I think Poyer and Hyde have two high level years left in them.  

I love Elam’s potential.  Follow the Gators pretty closely down here and may be higher on him than some.  

Taron Johnson is top tier in the slot.  

Good depth with Benford and Jackson. 

Hinges on Tre White becoming 80-90% of what he was pre-injury. 

• Agree 1

Nice depth, Tre and Elam should be the starters on the outside and Taron Johnson in the slot. Dane and Benford should be nice depth. Likely won't need to further address CB this off-season maybe a late-round pick to help the back-end depth. Safety on the other hand will likely need some youth behind Poyer and Hyde who are both long in the tooth. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.