Bucs Release Leonard Fournette

ColoradoBills

12 hours ago, offyourocker said:

3.5 yards per carry last year

Not a good indicator of his abilities if you actually payed attention to the Bucs last season. Their line was decimated for basically the entire year, and Fournette was very productive as a pass catcher.

Fournette to me looked fine to me, and in a better situation I could see him having a very good year. 

He's a no brainer if the price is reasonable

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Seems to me that Fournette for around $3M is the answer to the RB question.

I wanted him BEFORE he went to Tampa.  Just turned 28 but his snap count won't be crazy.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/16/buccaneers-make-release-of-leonard-fournette-official/

Foreman would have been much better for same price I hope we don’t sign Fournette. 

18 hours ago, Success said:

He just turned 28 - not over the hill just yet.

He's the kind of back we need.  All depends on the price.

He’s not the same player he was even 2yrs ago . He has no burst or speed anymore seems like he doesn’t keep himself in shape at all. 

On 3/18/2023 at 8:25 AM, Niagara Dude said:

Unlike some fans who think Singletary should return,  Diggs is pushing for us too sign this guy.  235 lbs and runs a 4.5 forty,  I guarantee teams will not have LB'S running backwards at the snap of the ball and we may even see play action.  No DC is worried about Singletary and his average YPC is only because because give up those 12-15 year runs because they are focused on the pass. 

No way this guy could run a 4.5 forty anymore.

On 3/18/2023 at 8:43 AM, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Foreman would have been much better for same price I hope we don’t sign Fournette. 

He’s not the same player he was even 2yrs ago . He has no burst or speed anymore seems like he doesn’t keep himself in shape at all. 

He almost ate himself out of the league a year or two ago too.  Now that he's a UFA though he's probably focused on working out etc.  I wouldn't commit to anything beyond a year.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.