Bucs Release Leonard Fournette

ColoradoBills

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

They are -1 with free agents already acquiring 3 and losing 2…

They need to lose 2 more to get a comp pick… that’s assuming they don’t sign anyone else which I ‘m still expecting another one more signing at least ..

Correct, and the problem with signing Singletary is you take one of our few available Free Agents off the board.

It is very, very possible to get back in the positive by strategically signing only players who were cut or traded.

Meanwhile, we need these guys to get contracts from other teams: Singletary, Roger Saffold, Jordan Phillips, Jamison Crowder, David Quessenberry, Shaq Lawson, Bobby Hart.... the rest are probably a stretch.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Rigotz said:

Correct, and the problem with signing Singletary is you take one of our few available Free Agents off the board.

It is very, very possible to get back in the positive by strategically signing only players who were cut or traded.

Meanwhile, we need these guys to get contracts from other teams: Singletary, Roger Saffold, Jordan Phillips, Jamison Crowder, David Quessenberry, Shaq Lawson, Bobby Hart.... the rest are probably a stretch.

Beane mentioned that in his presser yesterday.  I wonder why?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rigotz said:

It’s possible yes… but unlikely I think …I still think it’s likely the Bills make another signing themselves …still got my eye on an LB replacement for Edmunds .., and that list you quote  is full of ordinary guys … I also believe that other teams can wait a few weeks and none of these players will count right? They are all depth guys so why wouldn’t you just wait? 

Hope I’m wrong as we haven’t had a comp pick in the Beane era and this would be a third round..

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

Fournette makes sense-  not sure about 3M, I’m thinking we can get a RB for 2M

Yup, $2m is a great price. I like him as a short yardage, kill the clock back. Still runs hard. But we would have to use more of Hynes as a RB and hopefully Cook keeps getting better. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

One bigger body back said about himself:

"If you need 1 yard, I will get you 3.  If you need 5 yards, I will get you 3."

That's Fournette to me now.

Might not be such a bad thing (if he can actually get you 3 when you need 1 yard)

Haven't really watched him for a while.

If he's still as solid as his stats seem to indicate, I'd welcome him. But I can't see them spending much money on an RB like that. Money might be the thing which would send them elsewhere, IMO.

EDIT: yeah, as WPPete says above, I'd take him for $2M. 

Edited by Thurman#1

4 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Beane mentioned that in his presser yesterday.  I wonder why?

Players who were cut don't count against comp picks.

Losing Tremaine will get us a 3rd round comp pick if we play the system right.

5 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Hadn't looked at the particulars. Nice post. Food for thought.

22 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

This guy elevates his play in big games and playoffs.

if Tom Brady wanted him, good enough for me.

FWIW, Diggs posted a pic of him on his IG story

It's a link to Fournette's post where he says "The realest in this sh-t.... Ask about me see y'all real soon"

Most likely just Diggs promoting a friend. 

12 hours ago, BritishBill said:

He's one of those guys you can trust.

You need a yard? He'll get you a yard.

You need 2 yards? He'll get you a yard

Unlike some fans who think Singletary should return,  Diggs is pushing for us too sign this guy.  235 lbs and runs a 4.5 forty,  I guarantee teams will not have LB'S running backwards at the snap of the ball and we may even see play action.  No DC is worried about Singletary and his average YPC is only because because give up those 12-15 year runs because they are focused on the pass. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.